Zendesk "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Zendesk Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Feb 28, 2020

4.1
Zendesk Founder and  CEO Mikkel Svane
Mikkel Svane
Pros
  • "They had an incredibly flexible PTO policy which made work-life balance better than any other company I've worked for(in 98 reviews)

• "Worked on a small team of great people(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing rapidly, which leads to natural growing pains from the employee perspective(in 37 reviews)

• "Could have more competitive benefits (currently no 401k matching of any kind, health plans could be more subsidized and provide better coverage)(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Like every place, some pros and cons, but overall great place to work & execs care about employees -"

I worked at Zendesk full-time

Pros

- Great teams and very smart people - Great work/life balance - In general, the execs are great, not perfect, but noone is - Good product vision and philosophy

Cons

- Can have some favoritism if you're in with the right people - Getting big with big company slow decision making - Sometimes you have too many VPs to discuss an issue but solutions take too long to build due to consensus centered decision making

Zendesk2020-02-29
  2. "NA"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Zendesk full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. Good culture.

Cons

Too many changes in the organisation

Zendesk2020-02-14

"There's a lot of work to do to change to an Enterprise focused organization"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zendesk full-time

Pros

The people are the reason I loved Zendesk so much. Everyone was willing to help one another and looking to grow and be better. They had an incredibly flexible PTO policy which made work-life balance better than any other company I've worked for. I find my friends saying "you'll never find another place like Zendesk" and I believe that to be true. I felt it was a relatively easy life there. I felt challenged but at the same time it was an easy product to understand and to sell.

Cons

Their goal as an organization is to move into the Enterprise. Unfortunately their focus is still incredibly transactional which is how Zendesk grew so quickly. This transactional foundation is a huge detriment to the goal of moving into the Enterprise because much of the leadership team is influenced by the people who've grown up within the organization and therefore drive the process from the ground up. Almost all reps still speak regularly at the practitioner level and the conversations are not value driven. I believe Zendesk has been so successful thus far because the product is great and easy to use. My goal in being there was to progress my sales career to work more complex and Enterprise/Strategic deals. While they certainly have some great Enterprise Logos, the footprint of those organizations is still relatively small. Zendesk does not focus on the outcomes that companies are trying to achieve in choosing their solution and because of this, sales reps are consistently delegated down to low level contacts. I left Zendesk because the culture had changed significantly. The leadership team has gotten incredibly political and there is clear favoritism throughout the organization. In addition, there are a few people who because of their political ties, basically run the organization and if you have a misstep with them, it can cost you your job and reputation which is unfortunate. This means you have to be very careful about who you trust there and the information you share.

Zendesk2019-12-05
  4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good enumeration and flexi benefits Work life balance

Cons

Product and biz strategy is not enterprise ready.

Zendesk2020-01-07

"Great Culture, Great Products"

Current Employee - Customer Success Executive

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zendesk is chock-full of brilliant minds, but most actually live the company value of being humblident. People know their stuff, but egos don't get in the way of progress. Teammates and managers are supportive and collaborative. From the executive level down, they drive the culture and put simple measures in place to maintain it. It certainly helps that the product is great, so it makes life a bit easier. Compensation packages and benefits are competitive, and unlike other companies with unlimited vacation, you're encouraged to take your time off. Great work/life balance. Many, many 4+ yr employees here!

Cons

Remote employee engagement outside of your immediate day-to-day team is challenging at times, though they have programs in place to help expand your internal network.

Zendesk2019-11-07
  6. "Best Company to work with"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Bangalore

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work, Culture, People, Work-Life balance, Perks and Facilities

Cons

Couldn't think of anything now

Zendesk2019-10-03
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Zendesk full-time

Pros

Colleagues. Really smart people. Culture--innovative, hard-working & fun. Product. Intuitive; something to be proud of. Work/life balance. Leadership.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Zendesk2019-10-15
  8. "All round great experience"

Current Employee - Customer Success Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay & benefits Strict hiring has made for great culture fits Awesome support for the remote workforce All macs as standard throughout the company Leadership focused on work-life balance

Cons

Still maturing enterprise GTM strategy

Zendesk2019-09-04

"Lack of truthful reviews here"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical insurance, dental insurance, ESPP Some pleasant employees if you work out of the Melbourne and San Francisco office. The rest of the global offices have some of the most unethical and moralless human beings I ever encountered. Work/life balance is great if you work out of the Melbourne and SF office. Anywhere else you need to take conference calls at the wee hours.

Cons

Weak 401k No bonus plan for low-level employees Some pleasant employees if you work out of the Melbourne and San Francisco office. The rest of the global offices have some of the most unethical and moralless human beings I ever encountered. Work/life balance is great if you work out of the Melbourne and SF office. Anywhere else you need to take conference calls at the wee hours.

Zendesk2019-07-31
  10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Melbourne

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture, Product & People with a great work/life balance.

Cons

None that are relevant at the company today.

Zendesk2019-08-06