Zendesk "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Zendesk Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Feb 19, 2020

4.1
Zendesk Founder and  CEO Mikkel Svane
Mikkel Svane
Pros
  • "They had an incredibly flexible PTO policy which made work-life balance better than any other company I've worked for(in 98 reviews)

• "Worked on a small team of great people(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing rapidly, which leads to natural growing pains from the employee perspective(in 37 reviews)

• "Could have more competitive benefits (currently no 401k matching of any kind, health plans could be more subsidized and provide better coverage)(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company, very nice people"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good company to work for, growing fast, and people are really nice to help you develop.

Cons

Sometimes feels lacking strategy, but that's part of growing pains.

Zendesk2019-12-04
  2. "Work hard, zen hard"

I have been working at Zendesk full-time

Pros

If you like a challenge and good software, you'll like zendesk. Sharp, sympathetic people at the top.

Cons

Growing pains and internal team collab is variable at best.

Zendesk2019-01-10
  3. "Great Place to work and amazing people to work with"

Current Employee - Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zendesk employees from Associate to C-Staff are humble and approachable. People are always open to talk with you or have a meeting with you regardless of your title. In my experience, Managers love to help you grow and promote even if it's to another team internally. Finally, I feel supported by my team, my manager(s), and the company in my personal development and career growth. Highly recommend working here!

Cons

There are some growing pains as the company moves into solidifying a stance as an Enterprise business serving all types of businesses. This honestly isn't a "con" since this would be true for any company growing from Startup, to SMB, to Enterprise, to all-encompassing. So, this isn't a con per se. Just know there are some growing pains with processes or goals, but nothing to detour you from working here! :)

Zendesk2020-02-19
  4. "Great Company to work for (really); becoming more typically corporate"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing Product Solid Leadership Fantastic People Fantastic Office

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, which leads to natural growing pains from the employee perspective. AE Territories are sub-segmented and cut. Still a very solid place to work.

Zendesk2020-02-10
  5. "Great Environment and growth"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture, Great office, Awesome people has a lot more potential than most people look in from the outside.

Cons

Growing pains when going Enterprise.

Zendesk2019-11-19

"From startup to grow up."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent Salary, Office and People

Cons

Growing pains and inadequate internal systems and processes make some basic tasks very labour intensive. A lack of shared culture, identity and vision create a lack of engagement and collaboration across regions.

Zendesk2019-10-09

"Anonymous employee"

Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that makes great efforts to integrate and give back to its community. “Be the company your customer wants you to be” had been a motto here for us and our customers. A long time leader in the customer support Gartner report.

Cons

I waited until I had been here at least a year as I’ve seen tech companies that evolve and change as they go through growth stages and growing pains. The Zendesk company I joined a year ago is very different than the current iteration of Zendesk. I was heavily recruited for a position that has of late been de-valued for no real reason or probably more likely they would like to see done by a younger cheaper resource. Favoritisms is a real thing here and some managers have been known to favor their younger employees. On the other hand, the older seniors managers are generally former executives from org’s like Oracle, SAP, SFDC, some AWS etc that are bringing their companies ideas to Zendesk as they struggle to serve the Enterprise market. That is not Zendesk’s roots and the company is going through a painful identity crisis as a result. I heard an expression from a former executive that was readying a massive reorganization that said “everyone wants to go to Heaven but no one wants to die”. Yeah, right now it’s kinda like that. Some big changes are coming and it’s going to be interesting to see how the company emerges. Your mileage will definitely vary here at this time.

Zendesk2019-09-12
  8. "Lot of Opportunity"

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing company, a lot of opportunity

Cons

Growing pains.. Company is doing everything it can to keep up with the demand

Zendesk2019-03-06

"Great company"

Current Employee - General Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good product, good people, good culture, fair pay, good work-life balance, plenty of opportunity for career progression.

Cons

As with any young company there are growing pains, but the company does a decent job of addressing them as they come.

Zendesk2019-01-11
  10. "Love it!"

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, supportive working environment, opportunities for growth, work-life balance

Cons

Typical growing pains of organizational shifts due to expansion, nothing that you wouldn't see in any workplace

Zendesk2019-01-09