Found 7,394 of over 11K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good but not enough for amount of work they put on The 25% discount" (in 459 reviews)
- "People there were nice and chill." (in 286 reviews)
- "Salary was good and retail" (in 219 reviews)
- "people always make me to work hard and well great coworkers the best one" (in 207 reviews)
- "staff are friendly and nice" (in 176 reviews)
- "Poor management in Zara as everyday need to do tidy up job till late and no ot claimable" (in 739 reviews)
- "not all of them of course but most of the managers are rude and pretty distanced with employees." (in 476 reviews)
- "Long hours on your feet: at the end of your shift your body will ache" (in 289 reviews)
- "No training just expect you to know how to do things a lot so when you do things wrong it bothers a lot of people" (in 112 reviews)
- "late working hours and have to look after the whole store" (in 85 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Zara and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Oct 16, 2023Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearTrafford Park, England
- colleagues you work with NOT THE MANAGERS -employee discount
- managers treat sales assistants like absolute garbage , they don’t care about your well-being and they think your whole life revolves around zara - managers give you meetings for making mistakes when they ask another cashier to train you for 5 mins and expect you to know everything -they expect you to break your back for work and push you to your limits -store is constantly busy so there’s not a time to even breathe -self checkout is a shambles and managers refuse to put signs up to tell customers how it even works2
- 1.0Nov 29, 2023Part Time CasualCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
the free water refill in the pantry?
1. the job 2. the environment 3. the pressure 4. the training 5. the higher ups This job will really test your patience. Not only will you have to bear with your supervisors and manager, you also have to bear with the unreasonable expectations of the management (can’t blame customers since we are always lacks of staff or lack of experienced staff. So if any zara customers are reading this, please try to understand how exhausting it is to do everything at once while still have to put on a smile for customer service). The store always expect their part timers to learn most things themself or magically become knowledgeable about things. The pay is higher than usual retail jobs, BUT, at what cost? I’ve been working for quite a reasonable amount of time to see the different people working there and i would say, this job will really change your attitude in life. You will start hating everything around you (sadly, including yourself) for having to work here because of its high paying part timer rate. Everyday i go to work happy and come out stressed and depressed about life but no choice since living in Singapore as a lower income family, i have to earn more to feed myself. Some will say the higher ups are also stressed about working there but we’re both working to be able to live a comfortable life so why do you have to make it hard for others to do the same.1
- 2.0Nov 27, 2023MarketingFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMelbourne
good designs, i would rate 8/10 for design, medium quality, i would rate 6/10 for quality, meets the minimum..
It is a bit pricy since its manufactured from other countries which has cheap labor, and I am from one of the countries which has cheap labor, so I know the industry and the price is almost double of the cost.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMontreal, QC
They give you long hours (no tiny 5-hour shifts) and a full hour break. The pay is way above the minimum wage Super nice and understanding managers No toxic work environment, I got along really well with the other employees and even made friends
Extremely fast-paced and busy environment
- 2.0Oct 20, 2023Visual CommercialCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Great Pieces Moderate Prices (Employee Discount 25%) Highly Efficient Sales Model
Low staffing. Upper management institutes hiring freezes occasionally even when turnover is increasing. Might be a quarterly reporting strategy, but it adds unnecessary stress to existing staff, which is pressured to do more. Women's associates rarely last long and when they do are favored for promotion over Kid's and Men's associates. Cashiers rarely get promoted at all, they just quit from burnout.1
Zara Reviews FAQs
Zara has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 11,254 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Zara to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
54% of Zara employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zara 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.