ZE PowerGroup Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

ZE PowerGroup Reviews

Updated Nov 10, 2019

2.6
ZE PowerGroup CEO Dr. Zak El-Ramly (no image)
Dr. Zak El-Ramly

"Client and Corporate Services"

in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

This is my third Christmas at ZE and I am happy to be here! I am writing this review to comment about our Executives and CEO. During all these three years of my work for ZE I have never had any negative experience with any of them. They are coming to work early, they are leaving late. This company is their family business and they truly care about it. I do not believe that any comments about CEO which are... coming from the non-managerial staff can be considered reasonable, as these employees would not have so many occasions when they could communicate directly to him. I do hope ZE Future employees will use their discretion when reading certain comments about ZE on this site. Thank you. Happy Holidays everyone!

Cons

Fast paced environment which requires quick decisions.

Advice to Management

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

ZE PowerGroup2015-12-24

"Business Analyst"

in Richmond, BC

I worked at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

Good start for next immigrant

Cons

Don't set unrealistic goal, a small company could not apply management methodology like a big company

ZE PowerGroup2015-11-14

"Good foot in the door"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good exposure to energy markets as well as the opportunity to work with some large firms. If you are fortunate enough to be client facing you can possibly be snagged by them.

Cons

The company as a whole isn't run very well. I'm not too sure how they even manage to stay afloat as the software they sell doesn't seem to generate too much money. It seems that everyone just cares about themselves.

Advice to Management

Take more effort to invest time into employees. Create a more positive working environment. The place seems rather toxic and everyone seems rather paranoid.

ZE PowerGroup2015-10-01

"Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Support in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some fun people to work with. No clear deliverables can work in your favor if you feel like relaxing.

Cons

Executives cannot plan, motivate or execute. ZERO ability to organize their divisions. Management are aloof and don't appear to want to work together across departments. Demotivated environment. They promote the wrong people.

Advice to Management

Hire some experienced executives and step aside. Pay attention to your staff, promote and fire appropriately. Failing to plan, is planning to fail. Customers are angry and competitors are probably smarter.

ZE PowerGroup2015-09-30

"Lack of leadership and organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

In the 3 months I've been there people is friendly, the owners are nice and friendly with employees, management apparently tries to make things better.

Cons

The office building is a warehouse and doesn't look at all to an office. There seems to be lack of leadership, there's a disconnect between product development and support people. I think many of the problems they have is because the lack of leadership, the lack of ownership on the product parts, seems that no body is trained in their tasks, people mostly is fixing emergency problems and doesn't seem there's good... analysis and design. The company is growing too fast and the management doesn't know how to deal with that, too many people is hired in some areas but key people is lacking in other areas. The don't pay for overtime/on call support so you end up working a lot because they have a lot of problems and in the end you don't get compensated for that. Also they have a policy where they close the company on holidays and you are forced to take you vacations even if you don't want to. It seems they have a high rate of rotation since people come to the company and see the organizational problems and the stress they will have to put with and they leave after a few months. They can't hire good candidates because they figure out immediately how bad it is and they leave, but they company really needs good candidates. Since is a family business there are very little growth opportunities, it makes the company as a passage company.

Advice to Management

They need to have good leadership in all teams. They need to change some of the policies, specially overtime/on call support pay. They need to fix the problems before they deliver to their clients, I think this is hurting the brand/company with the clients. They need to remove old bad habits within the company.

ZE PowerGroup2015-09-19

"Where People Go To Die!"

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a ping ping table and a partially broken air hockey table.

Cons

Too many to list. If you are a woman, stay clear.

Advice to Management

Get rid of them and hire new ones.

ZE PowerGroup2015-09-29

"Marketing Executive"

Marketing Executive in Vancouver, BC

I worked at ZE PowerGroup for less than a year

Pros

A diverse office of committed employees. Overall I think the marketing department has a very proactive approach when it comes to using new techniques in marketing. Credit is due to management - they has always been quick to employ them and get the team moving forward.

Cons

Fast paced environment - can be hard to keep up with the changes.

Advice to Management

The focus and drive to move full steam ahead is there and is admirable. However ensuring that all team members are fully aware on why they are being engaged in new projects is important. Finding that employee buy-in from the beginning is a must.

ZE PowerGroup2015-08-06

"They lost their way"

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

Made friends with some of the co-workers. Free weekends. Free parking. I don't know what else to say to make the 20 words, it is really bad place to work.

Cons

Constant bullying, dirty place with dirty bathrooms and poor air quality, nepotism, mind games, power games, lack of leadership, lack of competence, lack of humane treatment of employees. No pay for stat holidays - is that even legal?

Advice to Management

You forgot how to be human beings and how to treat your employees as human beings. They are just numbers to you, and it all about money to you. Or maybe you did not forget, maybe you were always like that?

ZE PowerGroup2015-03-08

"You get what you deserve"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to grow, if you willing to invest. Large corporation with small company feel Great place to learn, grow and produce

Cons

Must have own drive to succeed Takes a year or so before you can master your job

Advice to Management

Focus on middle managers Continue and enhance training program

ZE PowerGroup2015-01-07

"Listen upper management instead of just passing it on"

Current Employee - Applications Support in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid on time, certain people are great and snacks are decent.

Cons

Upper management doesn't know how to manage. Middle management mostly get promoted just because of friendship with upper management or else they look like they work like a slave. Workers just look like they are the dead walking. The most chauvinistic work place you will ever find.

Advice to Management

Don't promote because they are friends with you and go out with you for coffee or lunch or dinner. Shouldn't use promotion to buy friendship. Staff can see who you go with. Not listening to your worker equals to bad productivity. Don't insult your employees just because you feel incompetent. Pay them fairly. Build teamwork by not putting your employees against each other, this is not the hunger games.... It all starts with a tone from the top but who am I kidding, these advices will just come to one ear and out the other. Management will just put or ask someone else to put more fake reviews to offset the bad ones.

ZE PowerGroup2015-01-27