Yext Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 8, 2019

4.3
Yext CEO and Founder Howard Lerman
Howard Lerman
Pros
  • "A lot of perks(free lunch being one of the best ones)(in 26 reviews)

• "Amazing people, collegiate culture, relaxed work environment, fast-paced work(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some expected growing pains of becoming a larger startup(in 8 reviews)

• "Long hours of WAITING for a reply(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Greatest Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast-Paced Work Environment Company Culture Incredible Work Life Balance Employee Collaboration Cross-Departmentally

Cons

There is currently a limited amount of space in the NY office but the company plans on moving soon to a larger building!

2. "Great culture"

Current Intern - Technical Project Manager Intern in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Yext for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people, collegiate culture, relaxed work environment, fast-paced work

Cons

Needs more long-term structured training, little clarity in job progression

3. "GREAT company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers are really focused on career development and growth, really exciting product, casual work environment, people are really genuine and willing to help out

Cons

Not enough meeting space

"HUMAN Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

Great Work Ethic . Vibrant Work Environment

Cons

NO VACATION DAYS . Long Working hours

"Software Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Yext

Pros

Great culture and work environment

Cons

Not the most interesting work I've done

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

Great culture, benefits and work environment.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

7. "Great place to work"

I worked at Yext

Pros

Fast paced, fun work environment

Cons

Sometimes disorganized, as to be expected given the quickly growing nature of the company

"Great company, fun place to work"

Current Employee - Client Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yext does a great job of creating a good work environment, in a lot of the ways that you expect from a tech company: lots of food in the office, generally relaxed office vibe (no button down shirts required), professional development opportunities, etc. On top of that, there are a couple of areas where Yext really excels: 1. The team environment is real - everyone is working towards the team's success, not their own personal advancement. My coworkers are friendly and nice and encouraging and helpful. Management looks favorably on people who legitimately improve the team, rather than people who work towards showing themselves off. 2. Management is pretty transparent about what's going on at the company. I feel like there is good visibility into what the executives are thinking and doing. 3. People are encourage to get out of their comfort zone and solve problems in new and interesting ways. For example, I have never coded before, but I am learning python in order to create scripts that can improve efficiency on my team.

Cons

Yext also suffers to a degree from some of the classic cons of a tech company: while diversity and inclusion seems to be a top management priority, there is a lot of work left to do. The hours can be long, but at the same time, there is no culture of "face time" - you don't have to stay late just for the sake of staying late. Overall, there aren't a lot of cons.

9. "A lot of autonomy!"

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

Great benefits- health, snacks, lunch, employee events. Fun & interesting people. Good opportunities & mobility within departments and cross-departments as well. The Operations team is a great place to work with a very transparent work environment between managers and employees. Career development and classes are offered to employees taught by other employees.

Cons

Not applicable to potential applicants for a position here.

10. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best work environment you can imagine. Everyone in the SMB department is like family. There is an amazing camaraderie that exists within this company. Whether it is playing a quick game of pool or ping pong, relaxing in the conference room having lunch or going out for drinks after work, you always feel welcome and everyone is always upbeat and positive. The product we sell is the best in the industry and I love explaining the benefits of this software to business owners. The training and sales managers put you in the best possible position to succeed In SMB, there are daily, weekly, and monthly contests with prizes ranging from iPads, Flat Screen TV's, and team dinners. There are weekly manifestos with pizza and beer to finish off the week strong!

Cons

N/A. The work environment is fantastic, the pay and commission structure is very fair. All of the tools are there to help you succeed as a Sales Associate.

Found 20 reviews