Yext Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Jan 15, 2020

4.3
Yext CEO and Founder Howard Lerman
Howard Lerman
Pros
  • "A lot of perks(free lunch being one of the best ones)(in 26 reviews)

• "Amazing people, collegiate culture, relaxed work environment, fast-paced work(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some expected growing pains of becoming a larger startup(in 8 reviews)

• "Long hours of WAITING for a reply(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Best Place to Work award genuinely deserved"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

• A culture of inclusion for all levels and identities • Extremely competitive compensation packages • Industry leader and visionary that cares about its customers • Comprehensive enablement program for ramp-up • Leadership with emotional intelligence and awareness for what their teams need to be successful

Cons

• Growing pains are real - the company has had explosive growth globally and this means a constant adaptation in processes that aren't always captured and shared with those involved, creating confusion at times.

2. "Solid Product Strategy Team"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

- Great group of smart, kind, and collaborative people working across the Product Strategy organization (includes Product Management, Product Marketing, and Corporate Strategy) - Good value for work-life balance

Cons

- Changes happen very quickly and without much advance notice, so oftentimes it's an unclear scramble - Lots of growing pains and operations kinks to still figure out despite being a public company

3. "Dynamic company with endless opportunities to learn"

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

I've been working at Yext for over a year and could not be happier with my decision to come here. The culture is fast paced and as long as you're willing to work hard and do the right thing, you will do well at Yext. There is so much opportunity for those who want to learn - we're always changing something and thinking of the best way to get things done.

Cons

There are some growing pains as the company shifts from a small startup culture to a public company, and that means that there are new processes and often times, higher expectations for performance, which doesn't always sit well with some of the employees. If you're not comfortable with change or aren't used to a fast paced, growth company, this isn't the place for you.

"Operations"

Operations in New York, NY

I worked at Yext for more than a year

Pros

Working with amazing, talented people Bosses care about your development Great work-life balance Free food every day You can earn autonomy, and are encouraged to follow interests

Cons

Some expected growing pains of becoming a larger startup

Continue reading
  5. "Great company, cares about employees"

I have been working at Yext

Pros

Opportunity to be part of a growing company that really cares for its employees. Great benefits, and lots of opportunities for learning and trainings. Promoting from within the company is very common.

Cons

There have been some growing pains as the company scales. Many people work long hours, but its more of shared passion than a requirement.

Continue reading
  6. "Enterprise Account Executive"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

- Surrounded by very smart colleagues, who are willing to let a helping hand. -On-boarding process is excellent. - Recent changes in the executive team are having positive affects on the Sales Teams. - Best in class platform, far ahead of competition

Cons

- There has been a lot of change, but it is not necessarily a con. I think any company growing as fast and that is successful as Yext, experiences these growing pains.

7. "Super Smart Team, Really Fun Company."

Current Employee - Enterprise

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Yext has tons of day to day employee benefits you can read about in other reviews, but what I don't think is highlighted enough as a pro is that at Yext you work with a team/company full of people who challenge you every day and help make you better at what you do. The sheer brain power housed on the 5th floor of Madison Avenue is outstanding. Our co-founders are visionary, our engineers are unrivaled, our client facing teams are smart and trustworthy (not alway so in sales!). The culture embraces and is fueled by nerdy, eccentric, and energetic personalities. If you want to be apart of something great, you will find it at Yext.

Cons

We are going through some serious growing pains right now. This is inevitable for fast growing startups and the changes happening (to business process, management, job roles, etc) will be good in the long run for employees and the company. However that doesn't make it any less painful or burdensome to the team here now. There is light at the end of the tunnel, I can see it.

Continue reading
  8. "Best Enterprise Sales Role - Great Product, Great Comp, Entrepreneurial Role"

Enterprise Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext

Pros

Great product to sell, best in class. Enterprise sales has all the engineering, product, marketing, and executive resources necessary to be successful. Great client services and operations, you can trust what you sell your clients gets executed. Great lifestyle. Managers don't ask where you are, what you're doing, as long as you are getting your job done and updating salesforce. Everybody has the same goal in mind. Work hard, get the job done, and have fun environment.

Cons

The enterprise competition. Although we don't lost often, we have some pesky, annoying competition. You don't sell against real software companies, this is not like Salesforce vs Siebel, or Oracle vs IBM. Yext enterprise competitors are small companies somewhere between 5-30 employees. Because they do not have a real product/platform, they simply lie about their capabilities and undercut, undercut, undercut. The positive here is if clients do choose a competitor, the truth quickly comes out, and we usually get the chance to work with them. Growing Pains - When at a company that grows from 200 to 400 employees and needs to scale to well over 1000 globally in the next 12-18 months, changes tend to happen often. There are times it will go your way, and times it wont.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews