Yext Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Jun 18, 2020

Found 26 of over 415 reviews

3.9
Yext CEO and Founder Howard Lerman
Howard Lerman
Pros
  • "A lot of perks(free lunch being one of the best ones)(in 26 reviews)

• "good work environment, everyone is extremely motivated and dedicated(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was upward mobility, transparency, and work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is no longer good(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Boiler Room

Jun 18, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch, free happy hour

Cons

boiler room, smb team low on totem pole

2. 2.0

Avoid

Mar 13, 2020 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch via Deliveroo Top background of leaders in US HQ

Cons

Inexperienced management 'Rockstar', egocentric & cliquey culture in Management Sales people not coming close to target

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting place to work with huge scale up ahead!

Oct 9, 2019 - Human Resources in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

An exciting and innovative environment to work at. They set you up for success from the get-go giving you the opportunity to make a real impact in the growth of the company. Great perks (including free lunch)!

Cons

Not enough time in the day!

4. 5.0

Great Place to work!

Oct 9, 2019 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team, great offices, great culture and environment, free lunch and all the snacks!

Cons

Too much free food - not good for the diet!

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not worth working for

Mar 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have free lunch which can be nice

Cons

Many times I underappreciated and overworked

10 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Wasn't at all what I expected based on what I was told before I started the job.

Jun 14, 2011 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free breakfast Free lunch on fridays Nice location in Chelsea Nice office environment Dress is casual

Cons

You are a telemarketer Expected to work a mimimum of 8:30am to 6:00pm every day doing nothing but telemarketing Very high turnover rate Minimal chance to advance out of telemarketing role Management only cares about sales numbers, not about your professional growth Management is not at all forthcoming during the interview process What they tell you is a "training" period is actually an audition - if you do not sell early and often, they will show you the door abruptly and early in this "training" period Morale is low Every perceived "perk" of this job is designed to keep you in your seat and on the phone so you can sell Expectations change by the minute - one day 3 1/2 hours of talk time on the phone is the minimum, the next day they demand 6 hours on the phone. Either way it's excessive and soul crushing.

7. 5.0

Amazing place to work!!!

May 13, 2015 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never had sales experience before working at Yext. The extensive training program was great and taught me everything I need to know about Yext. Once graduating from the program, I continue to get support and assistance from management every day. My manager has been here for a while and is the best manager I have ever had, at any job! She is always looking out for me and helping me reach my goals. The company in general is great! They give you full medical, free lunch, snacks, and again support from the whole company. Everyone is really nice, welcoming and fun, and I have felt at home here since day 1.

Cons

I gained a few pounds from eating all the M&Ms!!

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Yext Sales Associate

Dec 15, 2016 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is still the best work experiences of my life! Yext is such an amazing company to work for. The product is so amazing and it actually works, which only makes you more confident as a seller. The culture at Yext is even better. Everyone is incredibly smart and super helpful. It's the true definition of a team environment. Also, Free Lunch Every Day! Free Healthcare! Pizza, Beer, Ping Pong!!! How can you beat that?!?! If you have the opportunity to become a YSA, you better take advantage of it!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any!

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

5 stars!

Feb 9, 2018 - N/A in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch, free dinner, game room, nap room, all of the free snacks you could imagine, free drinks, pizza & beer on Fridays, weekly manifestos hosted by the CEO... all of that is great, but I genuinely enjoy working with the people at Yext... we all work together toward a common goal & have fun doing it. I've never worked at a company that hires so many nice people (not to mention some of the most intelligent). I can say that after 3 years at the company, this still proves to be a true statement everyday.

Cons

Getting everyone to follow processes is difficult sometimes... but doesn't every company have that issue?

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Look elsewhere

Mar 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and dinner and pizza and beer Fridays!

Cons

No work life balance- expect you to be glued to your computer answering emails all weekend. Ridiculously obsessed with having pointless weekly meetings especially the Finance dept. no wonder these people work till 9pm every night because they waste their time in meaningless meetings all day. No appreciation from management. They only know to point out the bad in your work. Rude and disrespectful executives. They pass you in the hall and don’t even acknowledge your presence. HR is a joke. They do and know absolutely nothing. Mind you there are like 20 of them and not one of them knows anything. They don’t help you out, on the contrary, they are there to screw you over. Avoid this company or else you’ll regret it.

24 people found this review helpful