Yext Software Engineer(Internship) Reviews

1. "Fantastic Experience"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Intern - Legal Internship in New York, NY

I worked at Yext for less than a year

Pros

Amazing staff. Incredible work environment. Loved the perks (i.e. paid lunch, company breaks). Modern office.

Cons

Wished there was a little more feedback. Temporary position. Research jobs only (no drafting). Wish position was a little more hands on.

2. "Great Place for Internship"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY

I worked at Yext for less than a year

Pros

- As an intern, you're given real work and treated exactly like a new hire would be, which makes it an amazing opportunity to learn and grow as a developer. - Everyone I worked with was incredibly nice and really good at what they do, which also made it a great learning environment. - Lots of social events, both specifically for interns and also within the software teams/department as a whole so you get to know lots of different people even if they're not on your team. - Female software interns automatically receive the company's Grace Hopper scholarship which provides them with an all expenses paid trip to the Grace Hopper Conference for Women in CS in the fall.

Cons

- Team rooms were getting a little cramped when I was there, with both interns and new hires starting, but they're moving to a new office this year so that should be less of a problem. - A lot of social events revolve around bars/alcohol, so they probably wouldn't be as fun if you're an intern under 21.

3. "Great!"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY

I worked at Yext for less than a year

Pros

Learn lots of industry standard Java, SQL, and practices of a medium sized tech company. Tasks are very well defined.

Cons

Day starts late @11 for most people.

4. "Great software engineering internship experience!"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work on real tasks as full time engineers do. - Learn a lot about Java, SWE agile work process. - Experience working on fast-paced large SWE projects. - Fast response for code reviews and emails from other teams. - Surrounded by smart new-entry engineers and resourceful senior engineers. - Seamless (free food) is the best. I can choose what I eat, which is definitely better than dinning hall kind of free food. - Competitive perks and salary. - Office location is great. - Opportunity to meet board members and CEO walking around the office is exciting. - Broadway show is one of intern activity. - There are fun rooms and a nap room in the office. Though I haven't gone to any of those. - Small-mid size company. I can almost know everyone in the office.

Cons

- This could be both pro and con: engineers/PM are 25-30% of the company, at least in NYC office. So it is not a place where everywhere is engineers, but there are opportunities to meet awesome people from other fields. Disclaimer: I have not fact checked this. It is just what I observed. - There is one big product to work on. Sometimes it could feel like lack of product diversity. However, I find working on algorithms to better the existing product and add features to it very interesting. - Bananas in the kitchenettes run out pretty fast.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with Yext Job Seekers