Wunderkind Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2021

3.9
Wunderkind Co-Founder & CEO Ryan Urban (no image)
Ryan Urban
Pros
  • "BounceX/Wunderkind has been an incredible place to grow as a professional(in 23 reviews)

• "While many companies claim to operate this way, Bounce Exchange is a rare place where you actually get out of it what you put into it(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be a challenge but, at least for me, the work is exciting enough that I’m happy to dedicate much of my time to BounceX(in 14 reviews)

• "Yes we work hard and sometimes that means long hours but that's simply because a high percentage of people who work here are incredibly driven(in 13 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Fast-paced, Exciting, Best Co-Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never had better co-workers. Everyone is smart and interesting and truly goes above and beyond to help each other. I've never worked at another company where this is actually true. You work EXTREMELY hard here, but you also have a ton of fun. There is a ton of momentum right now. The engineering team is really impressive, and through there was a lot of CTO turnover, they finally got it right and everything is firing. You can start to see (I've been here a while) Wunderkind coming out of their growing pains and teams really working well together and leadership cohesion. We just had one of our best quarters ever, and I do appreciate that this company does celebrate that and tries to help everyone understand their parts in it. It's probably the most palpable excitement I have ever felt here. I'm genuinely excited to come to work every day. Hands down the best company at taking chances on peoples' potential. If you work hard and execute, you are noticed and you are going to be pushed to continue to grow and rewarded for it. The CEO is a big personality, but he really cares about everyone and the business, and I personally would rather have someone invested and emotional than someone super removed and cold.

Cons

It's a lean team, and a leaner leadership and exec team, and you can see the cracks in bandwidth.

Continue reading

"Beware the Recent 5 and 4 Star Reviews"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wunderkind full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wunderkind has gone through some major changes (leadership turnover), acquisitions, exec shakeups, and a rather big layoff in April. Despite the changes, the people and culture has remained true to one of its core values- "bounce back". The company seems to re-invent itself over, and over and over again. I worked with some of the best and brightest people in the business and cherished my time there. The re-brand helped reinvigorate the spirit and energy of the CEO and people who helped shape the company today. Competitive benefits and cool offices (when that was a thing).

Cons

Best way to describe Wunderkind now is "trigger-happy." There is frantic leadership at the top, egotistic, fraternized culture is still at the heart of the company. Diversity was once the darling act, however, many of the respected leaders departed. The exaggerated 4 and 5 star reviews are calculated and scripted. I would be wary of any review that depicts the CEO and Executive team as "extra" given the extraordinary times of 2020. Strip away the office, unhealthy breakfasts, rose on tap, golden dinosaurs, and all you are left with is yet another hyperbolized and expensive product that is already replicated in the market. Many C-level execs were never replaced and junior, first time leaders still need much coaching, training and development.

"Toxic work culture."

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Wunderkind full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice location and office, I suppose.

Cons

No useful training provided. Anything that was provided felt like it should be for recent college graduates and not for well-developed professionals. Management and executives were lacking in terms of promoting team development and creating a great place to work. They were all about doing what the client wants even if that means not following regulations.

Continue reading
  4. "Good but still room for growth"

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time

Pros

Exciting growth, new challenges, new opportunities

Cons

lack of employee career development

5. "A company full of intelligent, caring, great people doing really impressive work"

Current Employee - People Team

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are amazing. I've never been surrounded by so many high achieving yet down to earth colleagues. Team work is everything. From what I've witnessed, Wunderkind truly walks the walk when it comes to D&I. Work life balance is excellent, I feel appreciated by my leadership, and benefits/comp are very competitive. I know I only speak for my team and things could be different on other teams that have different cultures etc, but I can confidently say Wunderkind is a 5 star out of 5 star place to work. Super exciting time to join the company, major growth on the horizon, a lot of opportunities. I can only speak for myself, but I love it.

Cons

Maybe too many meetings that could have been an email?

Continue reading

"Amazing people. Some organizational things to figure out. Not great salary."

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are fantastic. Everyone is friendly, interesting, accepting, fun, smart, etc.

Cons

Senior leadership means well, but does not always execute at the highest standard. There is occasionally a slightly less than transparent feeling about internal politics at the top, and it doesn't always feel like the direction of the company as a whole is clear. Also, salaries are quite low relative to the market, at least in the customer success department. Leadership has been aware of this for at least a couple of years but no major changes have been made.

"Amazing company for those looking to grow and be challenged"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time for more than a year

Pros

BounceX/Wunderkind has been an incredible place to grow as a professional. Each day presents a different set of challenges and I am regularly given more responsibility/ownership than I would have ever thought possible at this stage in my career (a good thing!). The acquisition of SmarterHQ has also infused new energy into the company and I can't wait to see where things go.

Cons

The people at Wunderkind are amazing, but there can be at times a lack of strong visionary leadership from the top. As we continue to grow, it'll be critical to have more direction from the leadership team, particularly on the tech side. Hoping that we can continue to hire more senior engineering leadership to make sure our product is ready for the next phase.

Continue reading
  8. "Exciting work environemnt"

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time

Pros

Lots of smart people, innovative go-to-market strategy, high-growth business

Cons

Lots of turnover in recent years

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time

Pros

-Brilliant minds -incredible product -best sales tools -consistent exposure to high level executives -no pointless meetings

Cons

very few cons, as long as you work hard

10. "Supportive company throughout 2020"

Current Employee - People Team Member in London, England, England

I have been working at Wunderkind full-time

Pros

- Kind - Compassionate, especially throughout 2020 which was a difficult year for everyone. There were plenty of useful sessions, mental health days, extra company holidays and just genuinely tried to help us through a really hard time even though the company had it really tough too. - Great perks and bens including amazon vouchers for getting a rescue animal and getting married plus extra annual leave in both circumstances - Great, fun, small team in the London office

Cons

None that I have to mention currently

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews