Find jobs for SEO Manager

Updated Jul 16, 2020

3.1
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner

"Rude Management, Horrible Work Environment"

1.0
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

You could take lunch breaks.

Cons

Very rude management, abrasive and reactive work environment.

July 27, 2020VP, People & Culture

I'm sorry to hear this was your response with Wpromote and POPS or Sr. Leadership was not aware of or able to help you resolve some of these concerns.

2. "Great environment, perks and people"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Melville, NY

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with Wpromote for about 2 and a half years and have yet to meet a closer knit group of people to work with. Great perks, good environment, and a lot of fun to be had

Cons

- A little cookie cutter at times work wise - Work can pile up quickly - Clients can present difficult problems

October 15, 2019VP, People & Culture

We agree that we've cultivated very tight knit teams and we love hearing this has been your experience with us! Thank you for your feedback.

3. "work hard play hard"

Current Employee - SEO Manager

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

fun place to work and young environment

Cons

can be stressful and demanding

October 15, 2019VP, People & Culture

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. POPS is a resource for you to talk about stressful situations. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team.

"Great place to work"

SEO Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote for more than a year

Pros

macro-management, tons of training opportunities, laidback and friendly culture.

Cons

Pay is slightly lower than industry standard, a few of the fun perks of working here have gone away (massages, car washes).

"Good Company With Typical Agency Drawbacks"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wpromote is a fun, savvy, and predominantly young company. You'll learn a ton and mostly have fun while working. The benefits are great, and there's a TON of talented smart people to learn from. That said - the Los Angeles office is the office to be if you have a choice. The other offices (Chicago and the newly acquired other offices) are all going through growing pains and will take time to reach the level L.A. is currently at. Speaking from experience from the Chicago office, it's currently run like a start-up, but will hopefully be up to speed by the end of the year.

Cons

There's questionable leadership depending on the service you go into. Furthermore, workloads are poorly managed and many employees fly under the radar so you could either work 2 hour days or 11 hour days depending on your service and location. Finally, like any agency, it's playing the game (so to speak) that will get you ahead. Know that you will be judged just as much, if not more, by how well you deal with others and your general social status, but in my experience, this is typical in agencies - especially young ones, so don't let this stop you from considering Wpromote.

Continue reading

"Positive, innovative company with superb work-life balance"

SEO Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote for more than a year

Pros

Wpromote is a fun, social company full of happy employees! Wpromote strives to be a leader in digital marketing and succeeds in evolving with technology. This company is ideal for newer marketers looking for agency experience and the opportunity to work on campaigns for a wide variety of companies. Wpromote offers an ultra-flexible schedule including work from home privileges and a dog-friendly campus. They also offer startup perks like free massages, yoga classes, snacks/coffee, games, and happy hour. The office is modern, beautiful, and open plan - each employee is given an Apple Suite and their own desk space. Overall, the management team is transparent and supportive - it's a joy to work here!

Cons

Initial salary offers are below the market average, but talented workers are rewarded fairly with raises and a clear path for promotion within the organization. Also, Wpromote hires many employees who are fresh out of college and promotes primarily from within, so this may not be a good culture fit for older workers.

"Fun place to work"

SEO in El Segundo, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wpromote for more than a year

Pros

The employees at Wpromote are what make this place special. There is a great vibe in the air and its easy to make friends out of co-workers. The work perks are also great and provide a unique element.

Cons

While its a great entry level company, compensation seems to be below average all across the board. Top performers tend to pursue other positions when opportunity arrives.

"Awesome Environment"

Current Employee - SEO Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, awesome helpful coworkers, fun events, amazing office.

Cons

Lots of competition, little one-on-one training, training process could be better.

9. "Results-Driven Internet Marketing Company"

Current Employee - Senior SEO Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Return on Performance: Wpromote evaluates all employee input and recommendations based on performance. If you have an idea on how to improve things and you can present a reasonable case there is a very high likelihood of it being implemented. I have never worked with a more open-minded company that places such a high value on employee feedback. People: I love the people here. On my first day I shook 126 peoples hands and I almost know everyone's name. Open Format: The company feels so open. Everyone sits in a single workspace with no offices. There are plenty of rooms to have more intimate discussions and client meetings. Wpromote feels like a family. Management: This company is extremely well managed. There is a crystal clear roadmap and the employees are informed of departmental and company progress on a monthly basis.

Cons

Challenge: If you don't enjoy being challenged and made to prove your value then working at Wpromote will be very uncomfortable. There is really no where to hide in the company if you are not willing to improve your knowledge and skills. Accountability: Individual employees are reviewed monthly and there is a goal setting session every six months. I was shocked coming from a more lax work environment. Pace: The pace of the company can be very intense and I honestly felt challenged to keep up my personal growth.

April 23, 2015COO

Thanks for the stellar review and I'm so glad you've shared your experience. You're definitely right that we can be really demanding of our employees but we do our best to stay within the limits of a good work/life balance. Remember that we are happy to meet to discuss if you feel that the load is becoming too much and, in general, we're doing what we can to improve the client/manager ratio. Thanks for sharing and I agree, we do need to step out onto the global stage more so than we have. We've got employees working on international SEO and paid search strategies and I'm confident that we'll be able to do more for our larger clients on an ongoing basis!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews