Wpromote Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.4
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are the benefits you can read about on the website like massages (my personal favorite), fine wine Friday, fun events, fresh fruit, bagels, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Wpromote also offers great work/life balance, which is something I value greatly (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • THERE ARE NO CONS, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with this company (in 4 reviews)

• The pay isn't the highest but the great perks, work environment and work/life balance easily make up for it (in 4 reviews)

1. "Review of the agency Wpromote"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

It is very competitive inside the company.

2. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, you can't beat the community and environment of this company. The people here are not just co-workers and not just friends, they are a group of like-minded people who share an extraordinary ability to be both interpersonally-enjoyable and also professionally-savvy.

Cons

The company is still expanding and growing quickly, so there can be some gaps in process(es) and their effectiveness.

Advice to Management

More clarity in training and management.

3. "90 Day Review"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

I genuinely love the company and the people I work with! I always feel encouraged to share my ideas and feel like I am making a real difference.

Cons

I have no cons so far!

5. "Too Many Pros To List"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros it's difficult to list them. Wpromote has taught me so much in so many different areas of account management, client communication, and business development. My team is made up of the most talented, inspiring, supportive people who make coming to work every day a serious joy. As the company has grown, we've been given even more tools to really succeed in the ever-changing world of digital marketing, and I actually believe in the results that our processes produce for our clients. I've always felt that my supervisors have been invested in my personal growth, and they have always been wiling to help shape my Wpro experience around my goals and expectations. I could not have been more lucky to find Wpromote, and can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

Starting salary isn't as high as many competitors, which at the outset can be discouraging. However, the company has worked tirelessly to increase salaries across the board as we grow, and are very open to talk about compensation anytime throughout the year - you don't have to wait until annual reviews come around.

Advice to Management

Continue making employees feel empowered to make real change throughout the company. Because of the management's openness, I truly feel that I understand why decisions are made, and know that even when I disagree with them, they are made for good reasons. Always remember that transparency requires action, & isn't just a buzzword to throw around.

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best colleagues in the business. This is a great opportunity to work with some really fantastic, dedicated people, who genuinely want to change the world of online marketing.

Cons

None really, if you work hard, you will continue to advance, if not, you will not succeed like most things.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to do some of the things that we did in the beginning. Bureaucracy is inevitable when you become large, but do your best to avoid it, and cut it out whenever possible.

7. "Super Fun Times"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with amazingly talented and driven people. if you come in groggy on a Monday you will soon be motivated by the energy of the people around you. Not to mention these people will shortly become some of your best friends. We get budgets for team events, have happy hour in the office on Fridays and genuinely have a good time. On the more serious side I am constantly pushed to learn more and gain more experience.

Cons

It can get a little stressful, but what job isn't?

"Good Company With Typical Agency Drawbacks"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - SEO Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wpromote is a fun, savvy, and predominantly young company. You'll learn a ton and mostly have fun while working. The benefits are great, and there's a TON of talented smart people to learn from.

That said - the Los Angeles office is the office to be if you have a choice. The other offices (Chicago and the newly acquired other offices) are all going through growing pains and will take time to reach the level L.A. is currently at. Speaking from experience from the Chicago office, it's currently run like a start-up, but will hopefully be up to speed by the end of the year.

Cons

There's questionable leadership depending on the service you go into. Furthermore, workloads are poorly managed and many employees fly under the radar so you could either work 2 hour days or 11 hour days depending on your service and location.

Finally, like any agency, it's playing the game (so to speak) that will get you ahead. Know that you will be judged just as much, if not more, by how well you deal with others and your general social status, but in my experience, this is typical in agencies - especially young ones, so don't let this stop you from considering Wpromote.

Advice to Management

Promote based on skill and not time worked. Also, take cues from well-run departments and apply them across the services instead of completely segmenting and separating each channel. People from SMB should teach people in PPC, SEO, and so on. In my time there it felt more departments were competiting with one another more so.

*To be fair, a lot of the team building activities they've developed do not stretch well across to the other offices just yet*

Finally (and most importantly), figure out what the Content Marketing department should be. There's a lot of great, talented people being left to rot under poor leadership and a mountain of excuses. If I were being completely honest, the leaders in CM need to be completely gutted in order for the department to succeed. (Note: I was not in Content Marketing, so take this for what you will)

9. "Amazing company."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They appreciate their employees. From small perks like fresh fruit in the morning to amazing benefits packages, you can tell that they put employees at the top of their priority list. It makes for a very good culture of happy people working hard to make happy clients.

Cons

None that I can think of, honestly.

10. "Management"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth, you will be given new responsibilities often if you have proven to do a good job. The company is always looking to improve and very open to feedback and ideas.

Cons

Management spends more time caring about perks and culture instead of career development and mentorship.

"Great Opportunity For Career Development!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Growth opportunities: If you're willing to put in the hard work and prove yourself there's a tremendous amount of growth opportunities for you in the company.
    -Clients: You'll get exposure to a wide variety of clients, you won't find yourself constantly working on just 1 account.

Cons

-As the company expands there are more and more employees involved. My only worry is that the company may one day lose the "start-up" feel that it once had. Management is doing their best to avoid this but I think it's a fair concern that comes with growth.

Advice to Management

As you grow with size, be sure to keep putting employees first.