Wpromote Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 107 reviews

4.4
Wpromote CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner
Pros
  • "They also offer startup perks like free massages, yoga classes, snacks/coffee, games, and happy hour(in 13 reviews)

• "Awesome culture including fine wine fridays, discounted lunches, free breakfast, cereal bar, work from home flexible schedule(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Salary is far below industry standards-(in 6 reviews)

• "THERE ARE NO CONS, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with this company(in 5 reviews)

1. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Digital Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wpromote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved working at this company. Everyone is supportive and it was a great experience overall. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to get into digital marketing, paid media and PPC.

Cons

Sometimes long hours, but the work life balance and benefits help with this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and growing!

Wpromote2019-10-09
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wpromote is an established agency within the digital marketing field but still has that small company feel. There are several offices located across the country yet they do a great job of keeping us all connected. The office environment is a huge perk in my opinion, even though we can work remotely if we choose, I really enjoy coming into the office every day. The office is open concept but stays quiet due to us... having many private meeting rooms. We have an awesome breakroom stocked with a cereal bar, kombucha and cold brew on tap, as well as many events throughout the week. The work we do is mainly centered around SEO, PPC, and Paid Social although the industry is constantly changing and therefore so are our deliverables. If you want to work for a fun and innovative company, this is the place to be!

Cons

Having the luxury of working remotely and also working with people in other states can bring communication complications depending on the technology used.

Advice to Management

Nothing, keep on keeping on!

Wpromote2019-08-23

Wpromote Response

September 5, 2019VP, People & Culture

Thank you so much for your feedback! If you have any suggestions regarding cross-office communication enhancements, please let me or Mike Block know. We are all ears and always open to feedback.

3. "It was a great team to coach for"

Former Employee - Head Coach in Frisco, TX

I worked at Wpromote part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of good kids and great leadership

Cons

None that i can think of

Wpromote2019-06-19

Wpromote Response

September 6, 2019VP, People & Culture

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad to hear you have a positive experience at Wpromote.

"This Company is not what it used to be."

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wpromote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working from home, unlimited paid time off, great coworkers

Cons

They have zero loyalty since they took on private equity. This company used to be great, care about their clients and employees. Now they are firing all of their most loyal employees left and right just because they aren't hitting their numbers. It's really sad to see what used to be a great company turn so savage and money hungry.

Wpromote2019-04-09

"Perfect Place To Start Your Career"

Former Employee - Paid Search Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wpromote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing coworkers Unique business challenges not often afforded to people in entry level positions Professional client management training Strong culture and values Fun to come into work Eat club - you'll love it, then hate it, then indifferent... you just don't want to have to leave the office for lunch

Cons

Company direction can be reactionary rather than proactive Going through a transition like when Dunder Mifflin got acquired by Sabre

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the GMs and Directors. Empower them to help you achieve your business goals.

Wpromote2019-03-28
  6. "A fast growing company with amazing people behind it"

Former Employee - Data Scientist in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wpromote is made up of intelligent, creative, and fun loving people who will enable you to grow in your career and find your most productive/authentic self.

Cons

Slightly lower pay than you will get at big name companies.

Wpromote2019-03-27

"Decent"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, the people are awesome, fun place to work, care about the employee

Cons

The company continues to offer low salaries

Advice to Management

Bring Salary up to industry standards

Wpromote2019-03-25
  8. "Great environment, perks and people"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Melville, NY

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with Wpromote for about 2 and a half years and have yet to meet a closer knit group of people to work with. Great perks, good environment, and a lot of fun to be had

Cons

- A little cookie cutter at times work wise - Work can pile up quickly - Clients can present difficult problems

Wpromote2019-03-07
  9. "Great Place Full of Bright People Kicking Butt"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are a lot of good things about working for Wpromote, and the culture and atmosphere here is great. The people are awesome and super bright and highly motivated to do a good job. Everyone who works here takes pride in their accounts and really does their best to help our clients achieve the best results possible. - Great culture -- you can tell employee satisfaction is a top priority - Dog-friendly...... EVERY DAY. You can literally bring in your dog every day if you want - High levels of transparency from C-suite on down - Pretty good 401k immediate match - Unlimited PTO and your managers really encourage you to use this perk - The option to work from home when you need to - the amount depands on dept. - Fine Wine/Beer Fridays -- literally the chance to drink beer or wine every Friday - They invest in their employees -- they're all about retention and learning. They want you to succeed! - Autonomy at it's finest -- you're trusted to do your work and get it done. So long as you do, you can do it how you see fit! - They care -- they are always asking their employees how they can improve, and always take the time to listen and make adjustments as needed.

Cons

- Not TONS of health insurance options; you're forced into one of three plans, neither of which met my needs 100% but the coverage is pretty good - Lack of structure in some areas -- some things at Wpromote have tons of structure which is great, but in some areas... not so much. Just know that going in and be prepared to put your own processes in place if needed

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. I have no real advice other than to keep doing what you're doing, it's working out well!

Wpromote2019-03-11
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wpromote offers great flexibility and management.

Cons

Managers are overworked. Bandwidth is always an issue.

Wpromote2019-02-22