Wpromote Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.5
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Encourage a healthy work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "There are the benefits you can read about on the website like massages (my personal favorite), fine wine Friday, fun events, fresh fruit, bagels, etc" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "THERE ARE NO CONS, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with this company" (in 5 reviews)

• "Just in the same way the company rewards proactivity and enthusiasm, it's not the best place if you just want to keep your head down and pay the bills" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great environment, perks and people"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Melville, NY (US)
    Current Employee - SEO Manager in Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with Wpromote for about 2 and a half years and have yet to meet a closer knit group of people to work with. Great perks, good environment, and a lot of fun to be had

Cons

- A little cookie cutter at times work wise
    - Work can pile up quickly
    - Clients can present difficult problems

2. "Great Place Full of Bright People Kicking Butt"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of good things about working for Wpromote, and the culture and atmosphere here is great. The people are awesome and super bright and highly motivated to do a good job. Everyone who works here takes pride in their accounts and really does their best to help our clients achieve the best results possible.

- Great culture -- you can tell employee satisfaction is a top priority
    - Dog-friendly... EVERY DAY. You can literally bring in your dog every day if you want
    - High levels of transparency from C-suite on down
    - Pretty good 401k immediate match
    - Unlimited PTO and your managers really encourage you to use this perk
    - The option to work from home when you need to - the amount depands on dept.
    - Fine Wine/Beer Fridays -- literally the chance to drink beer or wine every Friday
    - They invest in their employees -- they're all about retention and learning. They want you to succeed!
    - Autonomy at it's finest -- you're trusted to do your work and get it done. So long as you do, you can do it how you see fit!
    - They care -- they are always asking their employees how they can improve, and always take the time to listen and make adjustments as needed.

Cons

- Not TONS of health insurance options; you're forced into one of three plans, neither of which met my needs 100% but the coverage is pretty good
    - Lack of structure in some areas -- some things at Wpromote have tons of structure which is great, but in some areas... not so much. Just know that going in and be prepared to put your own processes in place if needed

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. I have no real advice other than to keep doing what you're doing, it's working out well!

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wpromote offers great flexibility and management.

Cons

Managers are overworked. Bandwidth is always an issue.

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wpromote has a great culture & attitude. The upper management supports their staff & listens to feedback when given. They really go out of their way to give their workers the best working environment they can.

Cons

It's an agency so we are understaffed, but what agency isn't

Advice to Management

Keep listening & standing behind your employees

5. "A Great Place To Work If You're Looking To Get Into Digital Marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

I worked at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I joined the company I had limited experience in digital marketing. I learned so much here and was able to work for some big names on exciting projects. Wpromote offers many opportunities to continue learning with presentations, trainings, and workshops happening constantly.

They offer great benefits with unlimited PTO and health insurance.

Having had a baby while working here, I felt completely supported and valued. A lot of the upper management have young children so they were very sympathetic to me as a new parent and really helped me navigate through parental leave and coming back to work.

Cons

Client loads were pretty high by the time I left, but I feel like this is an issue with any agency.

Some departments seem significantly better to work in than others due to management.

6. "work hard play hard"

Current Employee - SEO Manager
    Current Employee - SEO Manager

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

fun place to work and young environment

Cons

can be stressful and demanding

7. "An Agency That Matches Actions to Words"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership actively seeks feedback
    Feedback doesn't go down a black hole, it is acted upon
    Org. is primed for growth and opportunities are abundant
    The company is forward-thinking and looking to lead in their space
    Overall "politics" are low and the people are genuinely looking to do great work
    The clientele is filled with great brands that are looking for innovative ways to communicate their value

Cons

Typical agency work/life balances, but it's better here than most places
    Some of the departments are more advanced/experienced than others
    Not all offices around the country are staff with channel delivery members, which can create time lags in our ability to respond to clients

Advice to Management

Continue to hire experienced people and staff offices with all channel delivery personnel so as to serve clients better in their specific regions.

Wpromote Response

12 Jan, 2019 – VP, People & Culture

We love hearing about your positive experience at Wpromote. Please keep the feedback coming!

8. "Innovative Company Focused on Growth"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager

I worked at Wpromote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Smart leadership team who's open to employee feedback
    -Work From Home
    -Pet Friendly
    -Bright colleagues
    -Interesting selection of clients
    -Leadership was open to exploring professional development opportunities for staff

Cons

While I was working there, leadership was exploring ways to provide mentorships and professional development to its employees. However, this was a work in progress. Their main focus was to acquire new companies & clients. And while increasing revenue is definitely important anywhere you go, the opportunities for real advancement and professional growth were not made clear.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on providing straightforward career development opportunities for junior level employees. Otherwise, you will miss out on keeping the talented people you have in-house.

Wpromote Response

21 Jan, 2019 – VP, People & Culture

Thank you for providing this feedback. We continue to grow our offerings on a variety of training and development opportunities that will build our employees' knowledge and allow them (and you!) to... More

9. "Senior Content Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great flexibility and work/life balance: There have been very few days in my 4.5 years at this company where I've felt extremely overly worked or rundown.
    - Unlimited PTO: Seriously amazing. This perk alone has kept me from turning down jobs that paid much higher.
    - Fun environment: The corporate culture is relaxed, young, fun and modern. From ping pong to fine wine Fridays, WP works hard to make the office an environment you want to be in.
    - Occasional work from home: available in most departments.
    - Great higher-ups: They listen to what you have to say and respond in a timely manner.
    - Maternity/paternity/baby bonding period: I haven't used this personally, but have seen our offerings compared to other company maternity policies and it's pretty great.

Cons

If you're in the LA office, you're golden. You'll get the full experience. But some of the other remote offices that are smaller lack some of the cool perks i.e. in-person training, the pet-friendly environment, etc. Sometimes you don't feel like you're as involved at the remote offices and like you're missing out.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and their needs. I know you guys are trying your best, but the more perks you can provide the remote offices, the better.

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

-Great place to learn and grow
    -Management wants you to succeed and will give you the proper tools to do so
    -Company culture
    -Flexible working schedule
    -Lot of potential for growth

Cons

-clients can be demanding but that is any agency anywhere