World Fuel Services Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 25, 2020

Found 36 of over 399 reviews

3.1
World Fuel Services President & CEO Michael J. Kasbar
Michael J. Kasbar
Pros
  • "Great company, good benefits, growing(in 18 reviews)

• "Good work life balance (depending on your manager)(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be tricky, corporate world,(in 20 reviews)

• "I have zero complaints about WFS(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Great opportunity

Aug 25, 2020 - Finance Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good development, big corporation, global

Cons

Work-life balance can be tricky, corporate world,

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This place sucks the energy out of you in every way!

Mar 27, 2020 - Flight Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, meals and overtime availability

Cons

Extremely toxic work environment, lack of proper training, 0 work life balance, long shifts

7 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you sharing your experience. A welcoming and respectful work environment is an essential part of our business, and I’m very sorry to hear that you have not encountered one at WFS. We’re disappointed to learn that this was not your experience while with us. Thank you for your feedback which will help us get better!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Sales Executives

Oct 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well Equipped pantry, good working environment and good office location. There is work-life balance.

Cons

Different departments have different salary and incentive scheme.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience working at WFS. We strive to create a team working environment and appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the salary and incentives across departments. Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to learn

Oct 21, 2019 - Oil Derivatives Trader in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance. Good office location in Victoria.

Cons

Lack of direction from leadership at times for business segments that are more complex and different to existing legacy businesses.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

When we hire managers at WFS, we pride ourselves on selecting individuals with leadership qualities that we believe will help operations run smoothly. We’re disappointed to learn that this was not your experience while with us. Your feedback is essential and sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share this information in detail.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Honest Review - HR

Jun 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on your manager, you can learn a lot. Good work life balance (depending on your manager). HR rapport is generally good.

Cons

Culture- CEO is constantly coming up with new projects for HR that always start and never finish. HR has had so many great initiatives that never go anywhere. HR has never had any clear goals which trickle down to HR leadership. Culture - HR - HR is very reactionary always putting out fires for leadership. HR is never working on finishing initiatives. No initiatives directly impact employee population in a positive way. I.E. working to get better benefits (work from home policy, maternity leave, overall cost of health insurance). HR teams are disbursed and rarely work together well. Different rules depending on manager (IE - some managers allow work from home while others look down upon it). Salary- employees with the same titles and job responsibilities have salary ranges that are very far apart ($15k-$20k difference). HR leadership does not communicate with HR employees as much as they should. Most HR leadership are not tech savvy and have very regressive HR values.

8 people found this review helpful

Senior Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. World Fuel Services’ success has been built through a very entrepreneurial work environment. We collectively focus on our customers; therefore, our culture is to be agile, collaborative and flexible. As any other successful organization, we do experience challenges that arise from the nature of our changing business and the pace as a result of it. We have always taken pride in our talented, dedicated and responsible HR team. Here at World Fuel Services HR has a “seat at the table” and is very ingrained in the business. Our HR goals are ultimately dedicated to aligning people with business strategy. The company has been - and continues to work on focusing its resources towards trends that will positively impact the organization. We are appreciative of your suggestions; should you wish to further discuss, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to our CHRO at fcasadevall@wfscorp.com.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Learned a lot on the job

Feb 21, 2019 - Senior Analyst in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and work-life balance, opportunity to dive in head first and learn on the job skills, boss didn't micromanage

Cons

Boss delegated almost everything so that he had practically nothing to do all day other than chit-chatting and browsing news websites; culture of lots of chiefs and condescension rather than inclusion and respect, especially if not part of management.

6 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience working at WFS, especially as we continue to streamline our processes across teams. Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

7. 1.0
      Current Contractor

Possibly the reason why Miami is listed in the Top 5 Corrupt Cities in the US

Feb 15, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor in Doral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none to be shared besides, it is active employment.

Cons

The list would be endless. Infighting, Command and Control culture and Machiabellianism are among my top 3. This sentiment is shared by suppliers and vendors that WFS has stiffed. FTE's primary gripe is no work life balance, very little working from home, glass ceiling and tribes; not the Agile sort of tribes but instead those that alienate people by job role and culture.

6 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, especially as we continue to streamline our processes across teams. I apologize that we missed the mark during your time with us, thank you for your candid feedback that we will use to evolve our business practices.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

This place could be so much better

Jan 3, 2019 - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are decent (I did feel as though they used this as an excuse to pay their employees less) but expensive.

Cons

-ZERO work/life balance -work environment was poisonous and members in Management were either aware and did nothing or were part of the problems themselves -shows no loyalty to their employees -at times company would release products without offering any training and then would provide super, in-depth training on things that had no relevance to our actual job duties. -Old boys’ club: if you’re not in, you may as well get out.

13 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you sharing your experience. A welcoming and respectful company culture is an essential part of our business, and I’m very sorry to hear that you have not encountered one at WFS. We’re disappointed to learn that this was not your experience while with us. Thank you for your feedback which will help us get better!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Big Company but Culture needs improvement starting with Management

Nov 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are fair.

Cons

Not a lot of culture at work or work/life balance.

1 person found this review helpful

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Operations

May 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits; base salary is fair; opportunities for growth

Cons

The company I worked for was acquired by WFS and there were issues from the get-go. WFS seemed to be in such a hurry to integrate the new company into the WFS processes and systems that key operating processes were dropped, overlooked or completely thrown out without any understanding of why and how these processes were in place to begin with. Layoffs happened quickly and many good people who could have helped with the integration process were let go before they could use their knowledge and experience to help. There is no expectation of a work-life balance for employees. Hours are long, the environment is stressful and the processes are frustrating.

10 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience working for WFS, especially mentioning our great benefit package and opportunities for growth. Your candid feedback will help us continue evolving and streamlining processes at our company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews