World Fuel Services Employee Reviews about "wfs"

Updated Nov 25, 2020

Found 22 of over 398 reviews

3.1
World Fuel Services President & CEO Michael J. Kasbar
Michael J. Kasbar
Pros
  • "Great company, good benefits, growing(in 18 reviews)

• "Good work life balance (depending on your manager)(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be tricky, corporate world,(in 20 reviews)

• "I have zero complaints about WFS(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "wfs"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place

Nov 25, 2020 - Account Receivable Lead in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, nice facilities, very clean, and a great place to work

Cons

I have zero complaints about WFS

2. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great

Oct 6, 2020 - IT Intern in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse group of people who are fun to be around Productive and deliverable driven environment Improving and modernizing every day, you can be part of bringing WFS into the future of tech

Cons

Traffic (it's not even that bad)

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Possibly the worst employer ever

Aug 6, 2020 - Business Development Manager in Lincoln, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will offer you the earth to get you in, Massive logistical resources You can bring your client base with you

Cons

Will promise you the earth and will deliver nothing, senior management are clueless and seem to operate merely to satisfy their own bonus aspirations. Massive logistical resource is so mismanaged it is almost unbelievable, Bring your clients with you, but in a year they will have all left due to appalling service level, which they will assume is your fault. I left a large company to join WFS , and after 16 months of blitzing my targets I handed my notice in, another year with this company was not an option.

7 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We strive to provide excellent service to our client base globally through a global network of local professionals, so of course some of this feedback is disappointing. We take pride in listening to our current associates and will look to them for feedback on how to improve our abilities to service our clients. Thank you!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No regrets!

Jan 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

WFS employs bright individuals who make it a breeze to work with (my department) as everyone communicates and work well together as a team! Open door policy (in my department) that allows for a transparent culture and a warm, understanding and flexible environment.

Cons

Haven’t really come across any cons. Maybe more flexibility in hours worked. Some companies give you the option to work any 9 hours between 6am and 9pm - that would be beneficial due to Miami’s traffic!

1 person found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience working at WFS — we love hearing about the positive experiences you've had in our team oriented environment. To a manager, there’s no greater compliment, and I encourage you to let yours know personally about your experience, if you haven’t already. Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I recommend working here

Nov 21, 2019 - Finance in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is filled with great leaders.

Cons

None to think of, WFS has been great so far.

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We love hearing about the positive experiences our our teammates have had working for WFS and we strive to give our leaders the best tools to succeed within our company and in the future. To a manager, there’s no greater compliment, and I encourage you to let yours know personally about your experience, if you haven’t already. Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

6. 1.0
      Current Contractor

Possibly the reason why Miami is listed in the Top 5 Corrupt Cities in the US

Feb 15, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor in Doral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none to be shared besides, it is active employment.

Cons

The list would be endless. Infighting, Command and Control culture and Machiabellianism are among my top 3. This sentiment is shared by suppliers and vendors that WFS has stiffed. FTE's primary gripe is no work life balance, very little working from home, glass ceiling and tribes; not the Agile sort of tribes but instead those that alienate people by job role and culture.

6 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, especially as we continue to streamline our processes across teams. I apologize that we missed the mark during your time with us, thank you for your candid feedback that we will use to evolve our business practices.

7. 4.0

Not a bad Place to work in Miami

Sep 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good changes coming to WFS

Cons

Management sometimes doesnt listen. Could have better culture

Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive experience working at WFS. We appreciate hearing some of the issues you've had during your time with us with management and our company culture that we continue to improve. Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Overworked and Underappreciated

Aug 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some good people that work at WFS.

Cons

There are also some back stabbing employees that will do anything to get ahead.

9 people found this review helpful

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Tech Lead Java Developer

Jun 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good professional level

Cons

WFS is very old school company

Global Director Talent Acquisition

We love hearing about the positive experiences our teammates have had working for WFS. To a manager, there’s no greater compliment, and I encourage you to let yours know personally about your experience, if you haven’t already. Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

10. 2.0

Operations

May 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits; base salary is fair; opportunities for growth

Cons

The company I worked for was acquired by WFS and there were issues from the get-go. WFS seemed to be in such a hurry to integrate the new company into the WFS processes and systems that key operating processes were dropped, overlooked or completely thrown out without any understanding of why and how these processes were in place to begin with. Layoffs happened quickly and many good people who could have helped with the integration process were let go before they could use their knowledge and experience to help. There is no expectation of a work-life balance for employees. Hours are long, the environment is stressful and the processes are frustrating.

10 people found this review helpful

Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience working for WFS, especially mentioning our great benefit package and opportunities for growth. Your candid feedback will help us continue evolving and streamlining processes at our company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews