World Financial Group "part time" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

World Financial Group Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Jan 15, 2020

3.8
World Financial Group President & CEO Joe DiPaola  (no image)
Joe DiPaola
Pros
  • "Good alternative to other set of part time job if you are really interested(in 26 reviews)

• "YES youll make some good money but get a license from the government and work on becoming a better person(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expect to sacrifice some time with friends and family at times, also the same way any business owner must(in 45 reviews)

• "If you want to make money, you have to work for it(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "WFG is a good platform"

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- WSB is good platform to learn about financial system/products and WFG is a good distribution system - Clients have a flexibility/ multiple choice to opt their suitable financial products from Class One service providers based on their financial requirements - A company complied to the Federal and Provincial financial regulations - Good alternative to other set of part time job if you are really interested - Potential to earn a decent money even as a part timer - Excellent and long lasting career (part time or full time) for those individual who has a good aspiration /hardworking/patient and helping mentality with high level of ethics

Cons

- Not suitable platform for pessimist/negative thinkers - Wrong option for lazy guys - “ Be richer in an overnight” attitude individuals should not explore this opportunity - Not a better alternative for those who don’t want to upgrade their knowledge or hesitant to follow ethical practices - Neither a suitable option for those who want to live in their own comfort zone

World Financial Group2020-01-15

"Scam?.....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!"

Current Employee - Advisor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work at your own pace, make an additional part time income. Massive income and growth potential for you and your family.

Cons

Like any other business, this also takes time to build, and involves lots of rejections.

Advice to Management

None.

World Financial Group2019-10-15

"Part-time over 100K Ring earner"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Director in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I just started part-time to make couple of hundreds $$. But within 6 years time I reached my over $100K Ring and I have beaten my full-time income

Cons

Your investment is TIME here!

World Financial Group2019-05-21
  4. "Alright"

Current Employee - Assistant MD

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

Positive people to be around Learning new things about insurance Part time

Cons

Great at first then the hype wears down after a while. Hard to find clients without looking like your begging for them to come. Essentially like a pyramid! But you help people and families. You start your own business and build your team and make residual income from your pyramid ( team members ) down down down such and such. Very repetitive personal life stories !

World Financial Group2019-06-07

"wfg as a career."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined for financial education @ first but now I love educating and helping families. And @ the same time earn good money part time while working my full time job.

Cons

It's a hard work but it's worth it. We give 100% to do our job why not do this part time with full time earnings.

Advice to Management

Attend all the meetings to immerse yourself in the business. We are in the business of learning, building and earning at the same time.

World Financial Group2019-04-26

"Marketing Director"

Former Employee - Associate in Mississauga, ON

I worked at World Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

the hype upfront is amazing... that's how we were able to lure people in

Cons

The reality is there is a 97% failure rate in this type of model. We sell insurance policies to the 'potential recruit' and later introduce that they can make a significant amount of money by joining either part-time or full-time. The bottom line is you can never be successful at anything that you only dedicate partial time and effort. After the Associates realize they're not earning the income that was promised to them, their upline are then left with the clients that the new recruit had help them generate.

Advice to Management

stop the MLM structure and stop the part-time ideology while expecting your recruits to be successful in this model

World Financial Group2019-03-07

"Be careful which office you involve yourself with"

Former Employee - Associate in Edmonton, AB

I worked at World Financial Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Made about $10,000/yr part-time Business tax deductions

Cons

Poor mentoring Overpriced fees: Winfund, email, E/o Insurance (almost half the cost when independent), office dues There are fees and cost of all the events which can net $0 at the end of the year Recruiting prioritized over financial knowledge Sexual harassment - denied the option to transfer offices Disability discrimination - denied being able to step down a contract to keep clients To many "Events" that never discuss the market and financial education Main focus is recruiting strategies around the industry

Advice to Management

Get an HR department. Actually teach the associates about money and investments (not just insurance need), instead of encouraging them to own the products, recruit all their family and friends, then wait for the clients to roll up after the associate leaves.

World Financial Group2019-02-15

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Fort McMurray, AB

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I met WFG I was struggling financially, the advisor I met with put a sound plan in place and helped me get out of debt, after being a Client for 2 years the economy took a downturn and my wages were cut. I started working as a broker with WFG part time to supplement my income. Again the company helped me from bankruptcy and possibly losing my home. Fast forward 2 years I have left my job and gone Full time with WFG, enjoying financial Freedom, and helping my friends and family get in a better financial shape.

Cons

There are a lot of negative people out there who spread misinformation. If you want to know the truth. Stop by one of the many offices in North America and attend the open house.

World Financial Group2018-10-24

"Love this company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager (SMD) in Toronto, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the compensation the leadership and mentor-ship amazing compensation perfect proven system growth environment this company is amazing, it is perfect for people who are looking for a professional career in one of the highest paying industries. by bringing value to people's lives you can make decent money. you can easily replace your full time income being part time. also perfect for someone who is looking for a serious business long term.

Cons

like any other business, you need to put time and effort not for lazy people you got to work on your self , personal development. wont work with an employee mindset. you need to work hard, be committed and have discipline

World Financial Group2018-10-14
  10. "Financial agent"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Vaughan, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Great training overall Great environment to work in a nd build a business for a fraction of starting your own Financial business

Cons

Too far for a part time office

World Financial Group2018-10-01