World Financial Group Employee Reviews about "make money"

Updated Jul 14, 2020

3.5
World Financial Group President & CEO Joe DiPaola  (no image)
Joe DiPaola
Pros
  • "Good alternative to other set of part time job if you are really interested(in 27 reviews)

• "Would the governments of every province and the federal gov't license agents who are aligned with an illegal enterprise(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expect to sacrifice some time with friends and family at times, also the same way any business owner must(in 46 reviews)

• "If you want to make money, you have to work for it(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "make money"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "An opportunity like no other"

Current Employee - Associate in Surrey, BC

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic compensation potential and the chance to build your own business, where you don't need to work to make money eventually.

Cons

Not a con, but like anything worth it, it takes time.

"Waste of money"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

- flexible schedule -opportunity to grow and make money

Cons

- they don’t tell you about everything before you join - money scam

"It's just a pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Agent in Ottawa, ON

I worked at World Financial Group part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Can make money, but at the expense of your friends and family

Cons

MLM Pyramid scheme. You're only making money off your downline, just like Mary Kay and all these other pyramid companies. Only difference here it you're hawking life insurance (whole life policies that take a ton of management fees - way worse than a general mutual fund). You have to hit your family and friends for sales, I left very quickly once I realized nobody actually understands the product they are hawking, and they don't provide any leads at all. Go after your family and friends, hope you get more after that, abuse everyone for money. The company will burn you when policies go belly up. I'm honestly not even sure half of some Agents do is legal. It's shady at the VERY least.

"Marketing Director"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Markham, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the corporate world for over 30 years and I enjoyed the steady paycheques. I joined WFG over 3 years ago and I have found the following: WFG has great leadership, awesome training, unlimited business possibilities, and mostly positive attitude. Amazing corporate culture for teamwork and business collaborations. Advisors that I met so far have high business integrity and deep product knowledge. WFG is a broker and it doesn't own any products (just like Uber doesn't own any taxi cabs). WFG has an excellent product and strategy support from their partners are unmatched by any other organizations that I have worked with. Overall, it is very refreshing to be working at WFG because there are no politics, no backstabbing, totally flexible and low entry fee. I make what I put in. like any other business, it took time to develop my market. I love the fact that once I have built it, the business is mine to keep. Unlike many franchises, the license may only last 10 to 20 years. At WFG you only have to $130+HST CAD (one time and lifetime). I totally believe in the education platform. Once I understand how money works for me, I can do what I want and make money at it. WFG pays to do my everyday banking transactions in RRSP, RESP, TFSA, non-registered savings. I can't find that in conventional financial institutions. I have to pay $29.95 per month to keep my money at my financial institutions. Imagine, for a change that I don't have to pay service fees to do transactions through WFG. At WFG I get paid to do transactions through WFG with financial institutions like TD and BMO.

Cons

Sometimes the business owner is not coachable and doesn't have the right business mindset. People associate their failure to what WFG business. I wish people would talk to those have made it instead of whom failed. Really, not everyone has gone to college graduate. You would not ask those who failed in their grades on how poor or how great the school is. Your mindset and your persistence on succeeding will impact

Continue reading

"Fraud management trying to trick"

I worked at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

No pros only cons all the way

Cons

Wastage of time and money Management tricks you into signup and then compels to take their monthly insurance plan Only few people at top make money

"sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

can make money if you work hard

Cons

you are not provided with leads.

7. "Excellent company"

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time

Pros

You get paid what you're worth, if you work hard you will make money with this company. It's that simple. I'm in control of my own time meaning that no one else sets my schedule. They also a lot of personal development, which I think is great!

Cons

If you want to make money, you have to work for it. You won't get paid for doing nothing which may be a con for some people

"Pyramid scheme"

I worked at World Financial Group part-time

Pros

nothing, they sweet talk you into it

Cons

its all fake, the whole thing is a scheme for people who are too lazy to go to school and want to make money by cheating the system

"Khalsa Office, Mississauga"

I worked at World Financial Group

Pros

I am writing here to fill the space

Cons

Focus on recruiting only, pushing UL which they make money on, claim to be financial advisors although they only sell one product 95% of the time.

"Recruit recruit recruit!! Nothing else."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Calgary, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make money here. The goal is reach Senior marketing director. They drive you to recruit. They do not teach you the products until you are selling them. These are your friends and family ( warm market) and you are relying on the SMD is not selling products they do not need or cannot afford.

Cons

They constantly have you a spending money to go to conventions, pay office fees. You have to recruit a certain number of people in a short period of time to move up. They tell you there is nobody out there like them. That is not true. Also if you leave WFG you lose all of your business. So you have your own business as long as you stay. There are other businesses out there that are better set up for the agent and the client. They are very limited as to the information they give clients. You are constantly trained on recruiting not financial expertise.

Found 52 reviews