World Financial Group Employee Reviews about "make money"

Updated Jan 16, 2021

Found 57 of over 921 reviews

3.7
World Financial Group President & CEO Joe DiPaola  (no image)
Joe DiPaola
Pros
  • "Good alternative to other set of part time job if you are really interested(in 29 reviews)

• "Would the governments of every province and the federal gov't license agents who are aligned with an illegal enterprise(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Expect to sacrifice some time with friends and family at times, also the same way any business owner must(in 50 reviews)

• "Constant recruiting to make money(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "make money"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An opportunity like no other

Jul 14, 2020 - Associate in Surrey, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic compensation potential and the chance to build your own business, where you don't need to work to make money eventually.

Cons

Not a con, but like anything worth it, it takes time.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

PLEASE stay away from this dreadful company

Nov 2, 2020 - Insurance Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people work there and that’s all

Cons

Constant recruiting to make money. You WILL LOSE MONEY the first few months. And will not make more than minimum wage for the first year. CONSTANT RECRUITING TO MAKE MONEY. Selling other companies products and none of their own. Teams are 5 or less only so that it is not considered a pyramid scheme. Very CULT LIKE. Be careful and please always listen to your intuition. You aren’t starting your own business - don’t buy into this BS. You are an indépendant contractor with 0 benefits, working off commission. You will annoy and probably lose many friends. STAY AWAY! Anyone telling you to ignore the bad reviews are higher ups in WFG who are doing this to preserve the company’s legitimacy. They wipe out posts online to keep their company name intact.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Waste of money

Apr 16, 2020 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

- flexible schedule -opportunity to grow and make money

Cons

- they don’t tell you about everything before you join - money scam

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Marketing Director

May 14, 2019 - Marketing Director in Markham, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in the corporate world for over 30 years and I enjoyed the steady paycheques. I joined WFG over 3 years ago and I have found the following: WFG has great leadership, awesome training, unlimited business possibilities, and mostly positive attitude. Amazing corporate culture for teamwork and business collaborations. Advisors that I met so far have high business integrity and deep product knowledge. WFG is a broker and it doesn't own any products (just like Uber doesn't own any taxi cabs). WFG has an excellent product and strategy support from their partners are unmatched by any other organizations that I have worked with. Overall, it is very refreshing to be working at WFG because there are no politics, no backstabbing, totally flexible and low entry fee. I make what I put in. like any other business, it took time to develop my market. I love the fact that once I have built it, the business is mine to keep. Unlike many franchises, the license may only last 10 to 20 years. At WFG you only have to $130+HST CAD (one time and lifetime). I totally believe in the education platform. Once I understand how money works for me, I can do what I want and make money at it. WFG pays to do my everyday banking transactions in RRSP, RESP, TFSA, non-registered savings. I can't find that in conventional financial institutions. I have to pay $29.95 per month to keep my money at my financial institutions. Imagine, for a change that I don't have to pay service fees to do transactions through WFG. At WFG I get paid to do transactions through WFG with financial institutions like TD and BMO.

Cons

Sometimes the business owner is not coachable and doesn't have the right business mindset. People associate their failure to what WFG business. I wish people would talk to those have made it instead of whom failed. Really, not everyone has gone to college graduate. You would not ask those who failed in their grades on how poor or how great the school is. Your mindset and your persistence on succeeding will impact

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

It's just a pyramid scheme

Jul 11, 2019 - Agent in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can make money, but at the expense of your friends and family

Cons

MLM Pyramid scheme. You're only making money off your downline, just like Mary Kay and all these other pyramid companies. Only difference here it you're hawking life insurance (whole life policies that take a ton of management fees - way worse than a general mutual fund). You have to hit your family and friends for sales, I left very quickly once I realized nobody actually understands the product they are hawking, and they don't provide any leads at all. Go after your family and friends, hope you get more after that, abuse everyone for money. The company will burn you when policies go belly up. I'm honestly not even sure half of some Agents do is legal. It's shady at the VERY least.

15 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent company

Jan 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid what you're worth, if you work hard you will make money with this company. It's that simple. I'm in control of my own time meaning that no one else sets my schedule. They also a lot of personal development, which I think is great!

Cons

If you want to make money, you have to work for it. You won't get paid for doing nothing which may be a con for some people

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Opportunity

Aug 28, 2017 - Senior Associate in Regina, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company provides people with the best opportunity to change their lives. It is a network marketing business and I absolutely love it. All these negative review make no sense. The company is completely legal, government licensed and works with financial giants in Canada like BMO, IA Financial Group, Equitable life and so many others. As far as people call it a pyramid, please tell me in what business your boss doesn't make money of you? When it comes to commissions your upline will make a percentage off you, yet you can still make more money than they do. At least agents are not capped at 45% for the rest of their career like they are in some other firms that I know of. There is so much room for growth! And yes, we recruit. I was recruited into the firm and I am super grateful for it. Everybody should give it a try but when you do, please have real expectations and don't expect to get rich in a night. This is a career path not a quick fix.

Cons

You have to put in many hours as well as to practice on your own to become great at understanding the industry as well as being able to work with a client on your own.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Fraud management trying to trick

Mar 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros only cons all the way

Cons

Wastage of time and money Management tricks you into signup and then compels to take their monthly insurance plan Only few people at top make money

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

sales

Jan 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

can make money if you work hard

Cons

you are not provided with leads.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Recruit recruit recruit!! Nothing else.

Feb 22, 2018 - Insurance Agent in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can make money here. The goal is reach Senior marketing director. They drive you to recruit. They do not teach you the products until you are selling them. These are your friends and family ( warm market) and you are relying on the SMD is not selling products they do not need or cannot afford.

Cons

They constantly have you a spending money to go to conventions, pay office fees. You have to recruit a certain number of people in a short period of time to move up. They tell you there is nobody out there like them. That is not true. Also if you leave WFG you lose all of your business. So you have your own business as long as you stay. There are other businesses out there that are better set up for the agent and the client. They are very limited as to the information they give clients. You are constantly trained on recruiting not financial expertise.

5 people found this review helpful