WorkWave Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Sep 30, 2019

4.0
WorkWave CEO David Giannetto
David Giannetto
Pros
  • "Free Lunch (4 out of the 5 days)(in 37 reviews)

• "They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming(in 13 reviews)

• "Company is growing and evolving very rapidly, which can create its own challenges(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work & collaborate

Sep 30, 2019 - Product Marketing Manager in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the things that drew me to WorkWave in the beginning was the collaborative environment, and one year later I can say confidently that I am not disappointed. There is a great amount of energy within this company, and that is all thanks to the hardworking and talented staff that I get to engage with every day. Leadership within the company recognizes this as well, and they are quick to deliver words of encouragement, spotlight hard-earned achievements, and even deliver little surprises to help make their employees' days a little brighter (special shout out to Belgian waffle day!) Aside from the culture though, professionally I am equally as enthusiastic about the opportunities here at WorkWave. Personally, I have grown more in one year at WorkWave than I have at any other place of employment; partially due to having a great supportive team, but also in part to having senior leadership who recognize opportunities for employees to rise to the occasion and embrace new skills, or even bring a new perspective to a project. I am so proud of this company, and beyond thankful for the opportunities it has presented to me.

Cons

I strongly believe that we are a strong, growing company. And as with any company we experience growing pains, whether it be through evolving processes, the reorganization of priorities, etc. That being said, the leadership at WorkWave acknowledges this and has been very transparent with their efforts to continue to address the growing team, transformative projects, and manage the mounting potential that WorkWave has.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing! It's fantastic to have talented team members, such as yourself, that embrace professional development and care about our clients, products and each other. We are indeed a strong, growing company and it's the passion and enthusiasm of everyone here that enables us to tackle challenges together, learn and grow. Thanks for helping to make our culture great!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow and learn

Feb 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at WorkWave for almost a year, and I have learned so much within that year. It is rare that you find a company that really empowers you to learn and grow, and actually be able to bring your ideas to life, and WorkWave lets you do just that. The company is filled with so many hard working people and smart minds, and with the hard work and challenges that come your way, there is also a great culture and a good sense of support overall.

Cons

The company is growing and changing at a rapid pace, and it can be challenging to align your goals and keep up with a constantly moving company, but I know it is all part of growing pains that most companies face - the plus side is that it keeps you on your toes!

VP, Talent Management

We are so glad to hear that! From our company intranet, manager 1:1's and common areas throughout our office, we're eager to provide as many opportunities as possible to share information and encourage a collaborative environment. Thanks for making WorkWave a great place to work!

3. 5.0

So happy to be here.

May 3, 2019 - Business Development Representative in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company that provides great products/services. Very excited to be a part of WorkWave.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication & growing pains.

VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience! Our BDR team such a talented group, and a tremendous part of our Sales department. If you have suggestions on how to improve communication, please be sure to share those with your manager or our HR team. We'd love to keep improving together! Thanks for all you do to contribute to our success!

4. 5.0

Great C-Suite, Great Opportunity, Great Culture

May 21, 2015 - Operations Manager in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

As an operations manager, I am privileged to work across all areas of our organization (sales, support, engineering, marketing services, etc.) With relatively short tenure, I can say that it is a pleasure to work with every department. Everyone is genuinely interested in contributing and moving the ball forward. The free lunch is a nice perk, as well as numerous in house friendly competitions and contests. The culture is laid back and work / life balance is second to none. More important than all of that though, is that this company is on the move. Well thought out expansion and growth has the company positioned to really knock it out of the park over the next few years. I spend a lot of my time working with CRO and he's one of the most capable people managers I've ever had the opportunity to work with. While I have had less interactions with the CEO, he has always impressed me with his knowledge of our business, where we've been, and where we are going. I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of this ride!

Cons

We're growing rapidly - there are growing pains. As we take down silos and add operations and processes it's an adjustment. But the teams I've worked with have been open to change and taking it to the next level.

VP

Fantastic! Yes, we are indeed growing fast - and we couldn't do it without all the hard work and passion of everyone at MDS - including YOU! Communication is something we are continuing to make a top priority - including our newly released company blog. We appreciate you sharing your experience on GlassDoor. Thanks!

5. 5.0

The Best Job so Far

Jul 6, 2015 - Software Support Representative in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- WorkWave has an incredibly open culture - Management won't hire just anyone to fill a role - they want the best fit - Challenging "this is how we do things" is encouraged - If you want to grow you'll get the chance. You just need to reach for what you want and do it - The respect for an employee's life outside of the office is incredible - It's a fun place to be as long as you put your work in- and that is an incredibly fair trade

Cons

- As the company grows there are certainly growing pains. What worked yesterday doesn't always scale to today. - It would be great if there was more communication about how all of the products and services WW offers ties together both today and tomorrow

VP

This is awesome feedback! We hear you loud and clear on wanting to have more insight into how our products and services tie together. As a result, we emailed everyone in the company this morning that they are invited to attend as many sessions as they like of our new, expanded onboarding training sessions. The sessions cover everything from high level reviews of team structure, to product demos and industry insight. We hope you'll register to attend these sessions - it'll give you great insight into our existing products, how they tie together, and how they are set to evolve as our company evolves. Thanks for the advice as well - we couldn't agree more! We'll do our best to keep hiring amazing people (like YOU!) and keep your words of wisdom in mind as we continue to grow. Thanks for being a WorkWaver!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Current Employee

May 11, 2016 -  in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have just completed my first 6 months as a WorkWave employee. I was fortunate to receive 2 job offers during my search and am very glad I chose WorkWave. Our CEO is what a CEO should be and my manager is one of the best I've ever worked for in terms of competence, managerial skills, and leadership. I have autonomy, everything I need to get the job done and the freedom to manage my team and our projects to the best of my ability. WorkWave seems to hire very well. The overwhelming majority of employees are genuinely good folks, work hard and are supportive of each other. I look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

We sometimes experience growing pains and struggle to define roles, responsibilities and processes within and between teams. As with most companies, inter-departmental communications could stand some improvement.

VP, Talent Management

It's wonderful to hear that you are happy with your decision to join WorkWave! Thanks for your feedback on areas we can continue to improve. We've been recently restructuring a few departments to help with clarity regarding roles and responsibilities, and are working on a new integrated employee portal (way beyond a blog) to help improve cross team communication. Exciting changes to come - and we're so happy you're a part of it!

7. 5.0

Loving My Time Here

Feb 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is very involved in day to day operations and always around to answer questions. They are big on 1:1 and group meetings to see how the teams and employees are doing and to share information. Rapidly growing company where roles and positions are constantly evolving. Management understands that employees have a life outside of work and that things come up. Free lunch everyday is a big money saver too

Cons

Company is growing so fast right now there are some growing pains with staff trying to keep up with the increase for their demand.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Hi WorkWaver! Thanks for sharing your experiences! We're excited to continue growing our teams and resources to ensure the best experience possible for both our employees and clients. Thank you for all your contributions along the way as well - we're so happy you've joined the WorkWave family!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Oct 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is an excellent place to work with a great office culture. Everyone working here is incredibly friendly and willing to help you. Management is flexible with your schedule and duties, allowing for an awesome work-life balance. The company is growing rapidly and has lots of opportunities to grow and to succeed. The free lunch is a great perk and the benefits package is one of the best I've ever seen.

Cons

There are some growing pains, but the management is doing a great job leading us through the transition. The current office is on the smaller side, but we're moving to a much bigger and newer space soon.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver! We appreciate the kind words. Thanks for all your contributions to our success!

9. 5.0

Sales

Apr 17, 2018 - Sales Representative in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've only been here for about 3 months, but so far everything is going very well and as explained to me in the interview. A ton of growth here so I'm hoping for advancement opportunities in the future. Goals and company vision are very transparent, and the new head of sales is making some really great changes here. Closed a couple deals already, so looking forward to the commission following! Free lunch helps with both the wallet and getting to know everyone here.

Cons

Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming.

VP, Talent

We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying being a part of WorkWave! Our Sales team is certainly growing quickly, and we're excited to be actively adding additional talent to the team. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to your continued success!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love being employed at WorkWave.

May 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workwave takes care of its employees - you are treated like family from day one. Very focused on employee satisfaction, recruitment, and growth. Great vision for the company and the product it's putting together Upward and lateral opportunities available and encouraged. This is a great place to start your career and point it in the direction you want.

Cons

Typical growing pains - communication between departments can be disjointed, and it can be difficult to correct mistakes. Everyone is so focused on being productive, tasks are sometimes assumed without enough forethought.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing your experience - we love having you as part of the WorkWave family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews