WorkWave Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Sep 30, 2019

Found 13 of over 108 reviews

3.9
WorkWave CEO David Giannetto
David Giannetto
Pros
  • "Free Lunch (4 out of the 5 days)(in 37 reviews)

• "They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming(in 13 reviews)

• "Company is growing and evolving very rapidly, which can create its own challenges(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

180 Comments

Tech

33.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=WorkWave~1031345
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work & collaborate

Sep 30, 2019 - Product Marketing Manager in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the things that drew me to WorkWave in the beginning was the collaborative environment, and one year later I can say confidently that I am not disappointed. There is a great amount of energy within this company, and that is all thanks to the hardworking and talented staff that I get to engage with every day. Leadership within the company recognizes this as well, and they are quick to deliver words of encouragement, spotlight hard-earned achievements, and even deliver little surprises to help make their employees' days a little brighter (special shout out to Belgian waffle day!) Aside from the culture though, professionally I am equally as enthusiastic about the opportunities here at WorkWave. Personally, I have grown more in one year at WorkWave than I have at any other place of employment; partially due to having a great supportive team, but also in part to having senior leadership who recognize opportunities for employees to rise to the occasion and embrace new skills, or even bring a new perspective to a project. I am so proud of this company, and beyond thankful for the opportunities it has presented to me.

Cons

I strongly believe that we are a strong, growing company. And as with any company we experience growing pains, whether it be through evolving processes, the reorganization of priorities, etc. That being said, the leadership at WorkWave acknowledges this and has been very transparent with their efforts to continue to address the growing team, transformative projects, and manage the mounting potential that WorkWave has.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing! It's fantastic to have talented team members, such as yourself, that embrace professional development and care about our clients, products and each other. We are indeed a strong, growing company and it's the passion and enthusiasm of everyone here that enables us to tackle challenges together, learn and grow. Thanks for helping to make our culture great!

2. 5.0

So happy to be here.

May 3, 2019 - Business Development Representative in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company that provides great products/services. Very excited to be a part of WorkWave.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication & growing pains.

VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience! Our BDR team such a talented group, and a tremendous part of our Sales department. If you have suggestions on how to improve communication, please be sure to share those with your manager or our HR team. We'd love to keep improving together! Thanks for all you do to contribute to our success!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow and learn

Feb 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at WorkWave for almost a year, and I have learned so much within that year. It is rare that you find a company that really empowers you to learn and grow, and actually be able to bring your ideas to life, and WorkWave lets you do just that. The company is filled with so many hard working people and smart minds, and with the hard work and challenges that come your way, there is also a great culture and a good sense of support overall.

Cons

The company is growing and changing at a rapid pace, and it can be challenging to align your goals and keep up with a constantly moving company, but I know it is all part of growing pains that most companies face - the plus side is that it keeps you on your toes!

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

We are so glad to hear that! From our company intranet, manager 1:1's and common areas throughout our office, we're eager to provide as many opportunities as possible to share information and encourage a collaborative environment. Thanks for making WorkWave a great place to work!

4. 5.0

Sales

Apr 17, 2018 - Sales Representative in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've only been here for about 3 months, but so far everything is going very well and as explained to me in the interview. A ton of growth here so I'm hoping for advancement opportunities in the future. Goals and company vision are very transparent, and the new head of sales is making some really great changes here. Closed a couple deals already, so looking forward to the commission following! Free lunch helps with both the wallet and getting to know everyone here.

Cons

Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming.

VP, Talent

We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying being a part of WorkWave! Our Sales team is certainly growing quickly, and we're excited to be actively adding additional talent to the team. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to your continued success!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

One Foot in the Future, With "Growing Pains" of the Past

Mar 20, 2017 - Software Engineer in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is a company that believes itself to be one marching toward the future and innovating on the way, like a lean, modern start up company with great funding. In many ways, it is an ideal place to work, because it has the financial backing of flagship software, has had the ability to make aggressive business decisions with rapid acquisitions and deals, and it has a vision for the future in a unified suite of software products. These are the kinds of moves that turn a successful software company into an industry leader. WorkWave wants and is making moves toward that goal, and if you ask anyone in the company about this vision, I’m sure that it will align to that for the most part. The benefits are great, the company has regular events for its employees, offers free lunch, and generally offers kind perks to the people who work there. They’re also moving into BellWorks, a massive new office space with innovation and inventiveness at its core.

Cons

There are problems in the company’s culture, however, often attributed to “growing pains” in the recent rapid growth of the company. Whether or not that is true, there are elements of toxicity within the environment at WorkWave and sometimes, one can see cracks in the perception of a happy “Best Place to Work” that is so well-maintained. If you peruse the reviews, you’ll find plenty of nondescript short-answer praises of the company that shadow out other reviews from people with complaints of a culture that felt exclusionary and limiting for one reason or another. Engineers leaving this company have pointed out problems with management and supportability of software among other things, but when good things are said, rarely ever is the internal communication or development process particularly praised. There is reason for that. The vision that is shared from the top is having a lot of trouble in its actual implementation, and instead of getting the opinions of the people who actually do the work on these features, developers get hit with “accelerated” deadlines and “aggressive” roadmaps by proxy through middle management. Integrating products sounds really cool from the top, but when that integration isn’t well-supported by smart software development decisions, it builds a house of cards. Not only that, but there is also a culture within engineering that smells toxic, and I’ve experienced that element more and more as I remained at the company. I can’t speak to other departments, because I didn’t really work in them. As a concrete example of this, one day I was staying late to finish up some work on a feature that was lagging somewhat (something I don’t mind doing, but building a culture of this is obviously detrimental and another problem entirely of developer superiority complexes.) Most of the other engineers had left, and I saw a group of the “old timer” engineers displaying pictures of one of the newer engineers on a projector and deriding this person, making fun them and laughing at their expense. I didn’t report this, because I’m not the kind of person who wants to cause trouble and people were already talking crap about me for being on social media in the open office environment. I was so repulsed by this that I grabbed my stuff and left to keep working at home. That, combined with a culture that thinks it’s a good idea to report new hires to management for “taking too many breaks” or “being on social media” without knowing anything about how much an employee _actually does_ should be a major red flag to any prospective or existing employee here.

9 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're super excited about our upcoming relocation to BellWorks, and eager to share our continued growth and success with our talented employees. We're glad to hear that you found value in our benefits, perks, and start up spirit - as we work very hard to provide the best for our teams. We are disheartened to hear of your team level experiences and will certainly be follow up on your claims accordingly. It's unfortunate that we weren't given the opportunity to address these items while you were with us, but do appreciate you bringing them to our attention now. We wish you all the best in your continued career and thank you for your contributions during your time with us.

6. 5.0

Great Company!

Oct 28, 2016 -  in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and work environment, Management takes your opinions and suggestions very seriously and is open to implementing change, Free lunch every day

Cons

Growing pains as the company get bigger, which are to be expected

VP, Talent Management

Great to hear! Thanks so much for sharing!

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Oct 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is an excellent place to work with a great office culture. Everyone working here is incredibly friendly and willing to help you. Management is flexible with your schedule and duties, allowing for an awesome work-life balance. The company is growing rapidly and has lots of opportunities to grow and to succeed. The free lunch is a great perk and the benefits package is one of the best I've ever seen.

Cons

There are some growing pains, but the management is doing a great job leading us through the transition. The current office is on the smaller side, but we're moving to a much bigger and newer space soon.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver! We appreciate the kind words. Thanks for all your contributions to our success!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love being employed at WorkWave.

May 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workwave takes care of its employees - you are treated like family from day one. Very focused on employee satisfaction, recruitment, and growth. Great vision for the company and the product it's putting together Upward and lateral opportunities available and encouraged. This is a great place to start your career and point it in the direction you want.

Cons

Typical growing pains - communication between departments can be disjointed, and it can be difficult to correct mistakes. Everyone is so focused on being productive, tasks are sometimes assumed without enough forethought.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing your experience - we love having you as part of the WorkWave family!

9. 5.0

May 11, 2016 -  in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have just completed my first 6 months as a WorkWave employee. I was fortunate to receive 2 job offers during my search and am very glad I chose WorkWave. Our CEO is what a CEO should be and my manager is one of the best I've ever worked for in terms of competence, managerial skills, and leadership. I have autonomy, everything I need to get the job done and the freedom to manage my team and our projects to the best of my ability. WorkWave seems to hire very well. The overwhelming majority of employees are genuinely good folks, work hard and are supportive of each other. I look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

We sometimes experience growing pains and struggle to define roles, responsibilities and processes within and between teams. As with most companies, inter-departmental communications could stand some improvement.

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

It's wonderful to hear that you are happy with your decision to join WorkWave! Thanks for your feedback on areas we can continue to improve. We've been recently restructuring a few departments to help with clarity regarding roles and responsibilities, and are working on a new integrated employee portal (way beyond a blog) to help improve cross team communication. Exciting changes to come - and we're so happy you're a part of it!

10. 5.0

Loving My Time Here

Feb 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is very involved in day to day operations and always around to answer questions. They are big on 1:1 and group meetings to see how the teams and employees are doing and to share information. Rapidly growing company where roles and positions are constantly evolving. Management understands that employees have a life outside of work and that things come up. Free lunch everyday is a big money saver too

Cons

Company is growing so fast right now there are some growing pains with staff trying to keep up with the increase for their demand.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Hi WorkWaver! Thanks for sharing your experiences! We're excited to continue growing our teams and resources to ensure the best experience possible for both our employees and clients. Thank you for all your contributions along the way as well - we're so happy you've joined the WorkWave family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews