Wodify Employee Reviews about "talented people"

Updated Mar 26, 2020

Found 5 of over 71 reviews

2.7
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah
Pros
  • "relaxed dress code(in 5 reviews)

• "Work with the most talented people in their field(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "talented people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run for your life, the CEO will make your life miserable

Mar 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary, cool office, great benefits. People who don't report to the CEO are very pleasant, talented people to work with.

Cons

The CEO will make your life at wodify a living hell. He likes to fire people on a whim, verbally goes off on people without warning, and worst of all he has unclear and changing expectations of everything from project goals to when people return from vacations. I have seen people fired for not returning mid-vacation for something that was far from an emergency, just to give you an example. If you don't trust my single review, I get it - read the previous reviews while ignoring the short, glowing reviews of the company with very little specifics all written with a day of each other. The CEO has demanded these fake reviews periodically from employees to artificially boost their numbers ... do your due diligence before joining this company and read through some of them.

25 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company and great people!

Aug 4, 2017 - UI Designer in Lisbon
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work with the most talented people in their field. You know you’ll be working with the best ones. - I feel very welcome here since my first day. - Good work environment, energetic and fun. We all feel that we are part of a team. - The company's team managers are always available. You can ask anything knowing that you will be heard. - Work life balance is easy to manage.  - Good salary and great benefits. - Beautiful offices. - The opportunity to be involved with our community through Wodify “Givve” events.

Cons

- Some times there's the need for more crazy hours. For me, this is not a real issue but for some people, this may be a problem. - A fast changing environment, we need to have the ability to switch to a different project easily when requested.

4 people found this review helpful

Wodify Response

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience working at Wodify! It is great to hear you are happy working with your team in this environment! We’re very proud of our talented team members and the sense of community that has evolved. At times employees will be asked to work extended hours and adapt on the fly. We realize this type of work is not for everyone and make an effort to be transparent with prospective employees! We really appreciate this feedback!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Whirlwind ride with Wodify - Resigned

Feb 2, 2017 - Business Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am genuinely grateful for the connections I made and value the 4 months of professional experience I gained working at Wodify. Here are some of the pros from my experience: • Learn what it takes to sprint as a BA in a fast-paced Scrum SaaS startup on the rise • Work with fun talented people in beautiful offices with plenty of creature comforts • Gain global experience working with Design, Development, and QA teams in the Lisbon office • Connect with clients working with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing in the NJ office • Work with the best technology and SaaS, ability to challenge yourself to learn new tech skills • Competitive pay that is made even sweeter with the company’s employee equity plan • Strong sense of ownership is fostered; everyone can influence the product roadmap • Opportunity to stay involved locally with quarterly community service “Givve” events

Cons

My aspirational leadership style and values were at odds with Wodify’s and there were too many misalignments. Ultimately it just wasn’t the right fit. Here are some of my cons: • The company’s inspirational brand theme is completely at odds with its punitive culture • Efforts to learn about other parts of the company are perceived to be a direct insubordination • Fear driven environment where mistakes are tracked and feedback is delivered ineffectively • Overworked employees with a high turn-over, 6+ people left or get fired during my tenure • An unlimited vacation policy where most people are too swamped or afraid to ask for time off

13 people found this review helpful

Wodify Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working at Wodify. We appreciate you listing your pros and cons and value your opinion and feedback as we continue to grow and improve as a company. Thank you for a great list of pros, glad to hear that you gained new experiences during your time here and were able to learn more about the BA roll at a Saas start-up. We hope this will add to your resume going forward. In response to your cons, we are sorry to hear that your leadership style was in misalignment with ours and ultimately not a good fit. We do want to encourage employees to learn about other roles in the company however due to the nature of our business and how quickly we are turning out features this is not always feasible nor a good investment of time. We do hope that one day we can get to a place where this will become an easier option for people. When new employees start with the company we want their main goal to be learning the product and their role inside out, eventually as time allows learning other roles in the company will become an option and can be very beneficial. In regards to overworked employees and vacation time, we are now having each employee track all time off so that they can see for themselves if they are indeed taking advantage of our unlimited vacation policy or not. We want people to take time to disconnect and rest but we have realized that our team is made up of A+ players and it tends to be in their nature to work extra hard and not always take the time for themselves that they need. We will take this feedback and do a better job at encouraging people to take the time they need. We wish you the best going forward and will take all of your feedback seriously as we grow our company and continually improve our processes and management style.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast and I love it

Nov 18, 2015 - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Super talented people are joining the team here. Team is focused on doing things the right way for the long term. Haven't seen it like this anywhere else I've worked. It's exciting to be part of something that can change the way the world thinks about fitness!

Cons

Not enough hours in the day. Before you know it, it's 4pm and you can't believe it. Then again, time flies when you're having fun

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team & Challenge

Nov 15, 2017 - Senior Product Owner in Lisbon
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work environment - Challenging product - Work conditions - Talented People

Cons

Suffered through some growing pains, what is normal in a young company

8 people found this review helpful