Windstream Director Reviews

Tony Thomas
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Senior Leadership team (C-level) provides us the guidance and resources needed to make real change for the better, and also feel very appreciated.

Cons

None, you get out what you put in - a great attitude, coupled with hard work and perseverance, is what makes it all work for you.

June 22, 2020Windstream Talent

Success is what we all strive for and we are glad you are finding that with Windstream. We thank you for your review and look forward to you continuing to be part of our success.

2. "Solid company"

Former Employee - Director in Herndon, VA

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture to work in

Cons

Lots of turnover, slows progress

July 2, 2020Windstream Talent

We appreciate your honest review and are glad to hear you were happy with the Windstream culture and environment

3. "Professionalism with a Capital P"

Current Employee - Account Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Windstream full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had 5 thorough and professional interviews as part of the hiring process. I am a 20 year career professional who was considering leaving 1 great job for a different great job. It was a decision process I took with career life seriousness. The Windstream management team demonstrated at every level they took the very same level of seriousness and reflection. It was the leading factor that ultimately influenced my decision.

Cons

There are many detailed documents and videos to be reviewed with the onboarding process. I was only sent the information links on paper and never electroically. It would have been much faster for me to click on hyperlinks then input some 20 plus exact characters into my address bar.

January 21, 2020Windstream Talent

4. "Great Work Enviroment"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Windstream full-time for less than a year

Pros

On-boarding process and training program has been excellent, for sure the best I have been involved in. They provide all of the tools necessary to be successful, and are open to suggestions from the field. Friendly, warm, collaborative work environment. Co-workers and Managers are helpful and are vested in each other's success. Management seems to have a realistic expectation of us and what the challenges are out there. Pay is competitive; at plan there is a lot money to be made.

Cons

Being in Chapter 11, there are many customers that are hesitant to do business with Windstream at least until they come out of bankruptcy. Benefits are OK, my only critique though would be that the health plans have high deductibles.

December 11, 2019Windstream Talent

We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with the pay/benefits Windstream offers. We're always looking to improve our offerings to our employees as we consider them to be our greatest asset. Thank you for leaving your review!

"Good Co-Workers, Terrible Business Plan"

Current Employee - Accountant in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always Busy, Plenty of Projects outside of Normal Job

Cons

Department focus changes from Month to Month. Picked a path and focus on it.

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

Seeking out opportunities to improve is a core function at Windstream. We embrace agility and act in a way that embraces change for the better. Your feedback is important, and we appreciate you taking the time to share.

6. "New energy. Company is having turnaround."

Current Employee - Director IT Services in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

From top to bottom people are committed to making change. You know why you are doing something and how it makes a difference. The differences are showing up in results with customers. Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

There are still pockets of old culture resistant to change and have too much process. Health benefits are a little below average.

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with the benefits Windstream offers. We're always looking to improve our offerings to our employees as we consider them to be our greatest asset. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review

7. "Good opportunity"

Former Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fast-growing company with many unique opportunities to gain outstanding experience

Cons

Middle management made it hard to reach out personal and corporate growth goals

August 27, 2019Windstream Talent

We appreciate your review. We look to ensure successful careers for all our employees at Windstream. We challenge our colleagues at every step of their career and provide them with the tools they need to grow, succeed, and accomplish personal and professional goals- but are sorry to hear about your experience, thank you for letting us know.

8. "Lots of upside"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Windstream is changing, and that's a good thing. You may read negative reviews on this site, but those are typically from people who struggle to embrace change, or are pessimistic by nature. I've been here for almost 15 years now, and while it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows - I have been afforded opportunity after opportunity based on my performance, problem solving, and tenacity. Windstream has challenged me in multiple technical positions, and now management positions as I continue to advance my career and learn new skillsets. If you're willing to work hard, and solve complex problems (including peers who want to drag you down), you can and will succeed at Windstream.

Cons

Sometimes with change comes the unfortunate need to eliminate certain positions. If I could change one aspect of the business, layoffs would be it . That being said, again on a positive note - I've often been afforded the opportunity to retain valuable employees on other positions vs needing to RIF an employee.

August 5, 2019Windstream Talent

Thank you for your honest review! We are sorry to hear about your experience with our communication efforts, and are constantly looking to improve our overall transparency and communication. We will continue to work everyday to do so to the overall standards for our employees. And we are happy to hear that you appreciate our work-life balance and its benefit to our employees- a WIN for all.

"Mismanaged"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some departments and business units are gems, buried inside a mismanaged lumbering behemoth. Choose wisely. Hope that the gems get spun off.

Cons

Self-serving unethical senior management, who pay themselves huge bonuses while driving the company under. Deliberately not paying vendors on time, for years, before and after filing for bankruptcy. Delusional belief that they can rebuild the entire company around a few favored small teams doing software development work while never fixing service delivery problems or recognizing other product development work in the company. CEO read a book on agile methodology. Bonus for managers: "Drink the kool-aid" rah-rah conference calls from senior management, as if that's what the company needs to perform better. No merit raises for salaried staff for four years. Awful healthcare benefits with high cost and a huge spousal surcharge to propel you toward your spouse's plan instead of Windstream's.

July 2, 2019Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly looking to improve our overall transparency. If you would like to provide us with additional information regarding your situation, please call Windstream’s Working with Integrity Helpline 1-888-898-3990 or visit Windstream’s Working with Integrity Website www.tnwgrc.com/webreport to provide us with a description of your situation.

10. "If you want to make a difference, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Director in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work that makes a difference to our customers Collaborative teams where your voice can be heard Clear goals with autonomy to achieve them

Cons

Telecom industry is not for the weak

June 20, 2019Windstream Talent

We will continue to be transparent in our communications and vision- thank you for taking the time to leave your review!

Found 48 reviews