Wincon Security Reviews

Former Employee, more than 1 year

good exp

Feb 8, 2021 - Security Guard
    Business Outlook

Pros

good working environment in the company

Cons

very less room for growth

2. 5.0

Great experience

Jan 15, 2020 - Site Supervisor in Markham, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable site, great staff, good hours, accommodating with time off requests, supportive management. Great job for students or future police applicants.

Cons

Communication with head off can be slow at at times but always got back to you within a reasonable time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Company

Apr 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, ownership, potential for advancement

Cons

Communication lacks but getting better everyday

HR Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback, culture , ownership and internal growth and advancement is what we are about. It is great to see that it is resonating with our employees. Regards, Winston

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Loss prevention

Mar 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The experience working as a Loss prevention officer allowed me to gain invaluable experience. I improved my conflict de- escalation skills, communication skills, written communication skills and conflict resolution skills. These skill sets allowed me to move unto becoming a correctional officer and now police constable. The pay was great, and management was always there to assist me with my goals and achieve them.

Cons

Time would go by slow some days, if you’re unable to catch any shoplifters

1 person found this review helpful

HR Coordinator

This is awesome to hear and thank you for allowing Wincon and the fine people here to be part of your experience. Best of luck to you. Regards, Winston

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Security Supervisor

Dec 25, 2018 - Supervisor in Markham, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is higher then other companies

Cons

Your locations will change abruptly with a day notice

HR Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback, We try to refrain from moving staff but based on the needs of our clients and the many different situations that comes up on a site it is required. Regards, Winston

6. 5.0

Great Company!!

Jan 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They value their employees a great deal.

Cons

No cons were experienced during my time with this establishment.

Wow... thank you! Regards, Winston

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Security Guard

Nov 5, 2017 - Security Guard in Markham, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible shifts available, better option for students

Cons

Shifts at far location, have to pay extra fare and bus facility is inappropriate

HR Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback! the transit is and has always been a bit of a challenge but hopefully that will change soon. Regards, Winston

8. 5.0

Loss prevention investigator

Oct 5, 2017 - Loss Prevention Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have job sites ranging from Scarborough to Burlington so that you don’t have to drive long distances everyday. They have plenty of hours to work with and you can ask for more or less depending on what you can handle. The job gives you plenty of experience dealing with people who range from compliant to very aggressive and violent, and lets you judge how to handle each person whether it be keeping yourself safe and just telling the person not to come back or arresting them. Interacting with the local police for large arrests. Talk to management in regards to how much you want to work, they’re more then happy to work with your personal life and give you days off when you need them.

Cons

No real cons to the job as long as you have an open communication with your manager.

9. 5.0

From Loss Prevention Officer to Correctional Officer

Sep 20, 2017 - Correctional Officer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I only worked for Wincon Security about 1.5 years, but this job really help me to get in the Correctional Service. This job not just benefit my experience but also improve my reputation. As a loss prevention officer, I turned lots of shopliters to the police. Every time i turned the shopliters to the police, my name will be recorded in the CPIC system. Therefore, when i did the Police background check for my Correctional Officer application, the numbers of my name in the CPIC are the great asset. The loss prevention manager is a great guy. He hired me when i just got my ssecurity license. I was a police foundation student and almost brand new in this field. He teached me a lot in this job and then he tried his best to helped me to get into the Correctional Service. Holiday is another pros thing in this company. As a loss prevention officer in this company, you would never need to work in those satutory holiday but still get pay.

Cons

It can be very tough ar the begining. You need to be patience every day, every hour, and every action. You need to deal with eveything by yourself. You have to make the decision quickly. However, All those things would bulit you interperonal skill so you can sucess in your future career.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Loss Prevention

Sep 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Wincon as a Loss Prevention investigator has taught me many things. It has taught me to make arrests in different situations and to always be prepared for the worst and expect the best. It helps improve your communication skills with people and how to deal with different kinds of people. I have improved on communicating with customers and dealing with police and overall a great first job in the field of security. The manager of Loss Prevention is always there when you need help during an arrest and is always understanding about anything.

Cons

Nothing bad to be said about this job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews