Willamette Dental Group Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2021

Found 271 of over 279 reviews

3.8
Willamette Dental Group President & CEO Eugene Skourtes (no image)
Eugene Skourtes
Pros
  • "Great benefits and they really stick to their mission and caring for employees(in 29 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, environment friendly, good benefits and better pay to start(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, limited professional autonomy, micromanagement(in 16 reviews)

• "The dentist compensation formula for Press Ganey customer service surveys and patient access to your schedule only benefits the managing dentist(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Sep 26, 2021 - Dental Hygienist in Coeur d'Alene, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome benefits package, great team environment, lots of PTO and sick leave. I also love Willamette’s patient care and conservative mind set for treatment.

Cons

Works hours are from 7am-6pm and is not ideal with kids school schedule. You also have to work one Saturday a month.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Best company I ever worked for

Sep 12, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Salem, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Treated Employees well, uses evidence based dentistry, values employee training, follows OSHA protocols intently.

Cons

I have little bad things to say about this company

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Honest Review of WDG

Sep 23, 2021 - Dental Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, competitive pay, predictable schedule.

Cons

Very poor management, high dentist turnover, inadequate offices/facilities.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for.

Aug 30, 2021 - Information Technology in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing dental coverage. Competitive benefits.

Cons

Large company not a good fit for everyone.

5. 2.0

Toxic work environment

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is probably the best, decent benefits.

Cons

Toxic work environment, not the most stable place to work at.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing team, DA pay not competitive

Sep 10, 2021 - Dental Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent clinicians and teammates, have become my family! Benefits are pretty good 40 hrs guaranteed and option to work OT Company has a learning platform with dozens of courses so everyone can be up to date Office is nice and clean

Cons

I love WDG, but since the pandemic started they have made it really hard to want to stick around. Pay is no longer competitive, especially for dental assistants. We’re doing double sometimes triple the amount of work we were doing pre-pandemic with little appreciation. Saying “good job” doesn’t mean anything when we’re being drilled into the ground daily. Patient load has also increased tremendously due to the backlog of patients from the pandemic and the loss of so many dentists in the company. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. There’s a huge shortage of DAs so we’re always understaffed and essentially told to make it work, even if we’re double or triple booked. Private offices have increased wages for dental assistants and WDG has not. There is no more work-life balance. We’re too exhausted to do anything on weekends.

7. 5.0

Wonderful

Aug 25, 2021 - Patient Care Advocate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is very kind and understanding, flexible with time off, clinicians are kind and helpful, the pay is wonderful and benefits are GREAT

Cons

High volume/high stress, somewhat high turnover within front desk staff.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Employee centered, but overwork their teams and Senior Leadership is a mess

Aug 23, 2021 - Medical Practice Administrator in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits package and generally are employee centric. They continue to think of their teams and point of service, providing one of the best benefits packages you'll find. They make sure training opportunities are abundant and progression within the company is promoted.

Cons

Senior leadership is a mess, at least right now. They continue to change their structure and leadership personnel. There is a battle for control going on at the top between the owner and administrators, which has created significant turnover and a transition to higher credentialed leaders, but with little to no benefit. there's little cohesiveness and decisiveness from these changes, and often it takes way too long to decide anything because they're all going back and forth unsure who should make decisions, or disagreement on the decision made by somebody that should have the authority to do so. In addition, they continue to over-work their teams, and between that and all these changes they've had significant turn over and departures at every level. It'll be some time before they get their staffing under control and finalize what structure they really want at the top. For that reason I would hesitate to jump on board if you are applying for a manager or higher position.

2 people found this review helpful

Willamette Dental Group Response

Employee Relations

Thank you for proving your perspective, as we have a different view of our Senior Leadership Team. As we continue to adapt and provide the best service possible, our processes evolve. If you would like to further engage in this feedback please contact us at WDGemployeerelations@willamettedental.com

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Greatest place I have ever worked

Aug 10, 2021 - Lead Care Advocate in Idaho Falls, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite thing about Willamette is that they actually listen. Unlike other places I have worked, this place will ask what you think on various topics and then take them to heart and make changes where needed.

Cons

Amazingly, I haven't found any yet.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

The Leader in Evidence Based Dentistry!

Jul 24, 2021 - Health and Safety Program Manager in Hillsboro, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Evidence based treatment philosophy Innovation Amazing co-workers Lots of benefits & perks

Cons

Long hours and currently lots of frequent changes to adapt to (mostly COVID-19 related).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 271 Reviews