Willamette Dental Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.1
Eugene Skourtes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, a lot of employees didn’t get adiquite breaks as they were always under staffed" (in 10 reviews)

• "Lots of process improvements and changes are being implemented to ensure they are an Employer of Choice - which is a good thing" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Overall Good Experience"

Current Employee - Care Advocate in Albany, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Care Advocate in Albany, OR (US)

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willamette Dental is a great place to work. I feel valued as an employee. Nothing that I say to management falls on deaf ears. I am paid fairly and I feel like Willamette Dental has a genuine interest in my personal growth regardless of what my long term goals are.

Cons

My work environment is pretty drab. I would change a lot about the office I work in if I could. It is a depressing and dark environment.

Advice to Management

I feel generally appreciated and heard by all management in the company. I feel that I am treated fairly and I appreciate that management is invested in helping my develop.

2. "Live the Core Values"

Current Employee - Practice Manager
    Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time

Pros

Company mission & core values are the forefront of every decision. High level of anonymity for practice managers to lead and run their office

Cons

High pressure for perfection, little room for error can make it challenging to take time off in when in management role.

Advice to Management

remember that managers are also employees and need some of the "employer of choice" treatment as everyone else.

3. "Cool company with a lot of benefits!"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits! Tons of PTO. Healthcare. Free dental. Etc. Lots of perks! Cool coworkers and manager!

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth unless you want to be manager at some point and an opening comes up.

4. "New hire."

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Richland, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Richland, WA (US)

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The shifts of 4/10s is absolutely amazing.

Cons

Going from a clinic not open on saturdays to an office open on a Saturday.

Advice to Management

She seems extremely nice.

"Not Transparent"

Former Employee - General Dentist in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - General Dentist in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Excellent software Good educational opportunities

Cons

Portland-focused administration. Lack of clear leadership- is it the clinicians or administrators that determine patient care? Sycophantic second -tier management does not communicate up-or down -regarding issues. Cult-like culture

Advice to Management

Let dentists manage clinical activities, let administrators manage administrative activities. Practice true transparency, consistency and STOP adopting the latest trend on the internet for managing- whatever happened to the Balanced Scorecard?

6. "Great mission, full of potential, but holding themselves back"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time

Pros

No shortage of work. Not as silo'd as other companies. Still retains a little of small company feel. Benefits are good.

Cons

Upper management is disconnected from middle. Middle management generally are not mentored or trained up to better serve their employees. Major communication gaps. Major rift between clinical and business focus. Employees are told to come up with ideas but they are never implemented, their voices are lost. Decision making seems to be the hardest part due to decision changing rapidly without warning, causing frustration, loss of revenue, expense to employee moral and a general disconnected feeling.

Advice to Management

Middle management is the bridge between your vision and the workforce that will bring it to fruition. Communicate clearly to all parties. Make decisions and stand by them.

"20 year employee"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Richland, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Richland, WA (US)

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

love working at Willamette Dental you have great staff and if you have family emergency you have plenty others to cover for you. 401k is great and health care benefits are too.

Cons

long hours but on the plus side you work four ten hour days and have more time with your family.

Advice to Management

keep letting the doctors have control over the schedule and they will stay longer.

8. "Dental Assistant"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Everett, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Everett, WA (US)

I worked at Willamette Dental Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Dental team is like a big family. Members care for one another. Dentist treat you with respect and not like a slave. The working environment is team oriented and supportive.

Cons

Twelve hour days. Long hour days are hard for parents with little kids.

Advice to Management

If possible, bonuses would be greatly appreciated. Newer dental supplies and equipment would be a plus. Team appreciation would boost the moral!

9. "Dental Assistant"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Too many hours, which is also a good thing.

10. "Dental assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, great support from co-workers, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, packed schedule, feel like patients don’t get enough personalized care. Feel like doctors are told to just patch teeth rather than place a crown, patients come back for continuous broken teeth. The feeling that new grads or younger less experienced assistants are favorited over more mature, highly skilled ones. You get the “not a good fit” when trying to get placed in a full time position or changing locations. That doesn’t help one try to “fix” or better themselves in their career. The interview process for current employees varies and are not always fair or without bias. Management, in general, has its favorites and seem to let it show (not all). Those in on-call positions aren’t treated like they are apart of the company, just the help and aren’t appreciated. There are those that care but aren’t in position to help. Doctors aren’t given enough say so during the hiring process. My experience has not been positive and feel like as an older highly skilled assistant who’s number 1 duty is to make patients experience an amazing one, I don’t matter. A few staff members who don’t like you can keep you from growing and achieving your goals. Willamette my not be my employer of choice.

Advice to Management

More input from support staff, leads, mainly hygiene, seem to have more say in DA issues. I would love to see DA’s be treated as equals and not just “assistants”. Too many PM with a superiority complex and bias. Procedures regarding inter office hiring should be standard and done correctly, every time. All applicants should be looked at and current employees should get first choice. Hiring inter office shouldn’t take long, it’s ridiculous how long we wait for answers.