Willamette Dental Group Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.7
Willamette Dental Group President & CEO Eugene Skourtes (no image)
Eugene Skourtes
Pros
  • "Great benefits and they really stick to their mission and caring for employees(in 29 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, environment friendly, good benefits and better pay to start(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, limited professional autonomy, micromanagement(in 16 reviews)

• "The dentist compensation formula for Press Ganey customer service surveys and patient access to your schedule only benefits the managing dentist(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Company Vision Alignment

Feb 12, 2021 - Practice Manager in Olympia, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strives to be employer and provider of choice Up to date technology, dental equipment and modern facilities Professional, hard working and engaged team members in the office Excellent benefits package and paid vacation Always ahead of health and safety requirements Care about employee satisfaction, annual employee survey conducted and followed up on Many different departments to support the offices- credentialing, recruitment, clinical scheduling, appointment center, etc Guaranteed hours Support at the office level for facilities, recruitment, employee relations and office operations through management team Employee recognition celebrations Employee focused mentorship and training opportunities Opportunities for career growth and advancement

Cons

It’s tempting to get sucked into our emails with how much communication goes back and forth on a daily basis. I think we can think of more efficient and effective ways to communicate. Managers should be encouraged to get off their computers throughout the day, we report to the office for a reason and that’s to be with our teams.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A wonderful place to work

May 5, 2021 - Practice Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great environment of teamwork and collaboration! As a Practice Manager my fellow Practice Managers are always available to bounce ideas off of, seek advice from and provide encouragement. It is a huge benefit to have insurance claims filed, credentialing done and Human Resources issues all taken care of at our Administrative office leaving the Practice Managers to focus on supporting our staff and patients. I love this job!

Cons

A little more autonomy would be nice.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Organization

May 5, 2021 - Department Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, career growth, diversity, consistent hours , teamwork, Technology

Cons

I don't have any cons..

4. 4.0

Employer of choice

Apr 22, 2021 - Practice Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, department support, healthy work/life balance, internal growth opportunities. Clear mission and values that are clearly adhered to.

Cons

With so many departments, there can be a lack of communication or requests take a long time to fulfill. Strict standardization across the company can limit individual practice needs. Top-down micromanagement of managers and managing doctors has developed over the course of the past few years.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Gresham office

Apr 29, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Gresham, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Gresham is a pleasure to work with. They support one another and are always trying to go above and beyond for patients.

Cons

Currently Gresham is understaffed which makes team schedules a little chaotic.

6. 5.0

The best employer

Apr 12, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

WDG looks out for their employees and aims to be the best in the job market. They are competitive in their benefits and the people are wonderful to work with. As a dental assistant, I love the feeling of community. Working on a team of other assistants gives me people to learn from but also people to train. The team dynamics are positive and rewarding.

Cons

cant think of any :) love it here.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They mean what they say

Mar 24, 2021 - Care Advocate in Idaho Falls, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working at Willamette Dental is that they care about their employees. The want there to be a work life balance, they want people to feel like they are appreciated. The best example I can give is their current DEI program that is working directly with employees to promote a more diverse and equitable workforce where everyone feels appreciated. They say they want to be a workplace of choice and the actively work to accomplish that.

Cons

When it is shorthanded it can be a struggle.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Organization with Focus on Core Values

Apr 15, 2021 - Director of Operations in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive leadership team. Providers are excellent not just with patients but with team. Strong team focus and everyone in it together. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Hygienists needed to provide our ongoing excellent care to the community.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Apr 21, 2021 - Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for the time being there

Cons

Not applicable for the time

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

WDG

Apr 9, 2021 - Customer Care Advocate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Health and Dental Insurance, enjoyable co-workers

Cons

Unfair pay, long days, they say they care about their employees but it does not always feel that way. Very dated way of doing things.

Willamette Dental Group Response

Employee Relations

Willamette Dental not only strives to be the providers of choice, but employer of choice. We value our employees tremendously and welcome any feedback you would be willing to share. Please reach out to WDGemployeerelations@willamettedental.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 256 Reviews