Westwing Home and Living Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

3.8
Westwing Home and Living Founder and CEO Stefan Smalla
Stefan Smalla
Pros
  • "Good working environment, good salary, friendly colleagues, and interesting benefits(in 8 reviews)

• "I am very happy and satisfied with the recruitment process: the emails were answered fast and detailed information was given(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you try to go though your team lead or contact other team leads the conversation is lost(in 4 reviews)

• "Number of holidays is lower than the average of startups and companies in Munich, which is really bad in my opinion(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "I really like working here"

I have been working at Westwing Home and Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

International teams with cool colleagues, Great Team Lead, Continous learning opportunities, Good salary

Cons

There are no cons I could write.

January 15, 2021HR Generalist

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about working at Westwing. We truly appreciate your review!

2. "Great company for starters and creatives"

Current Employee - Junior Creative Manager in Munich, Bavaria

I have been working at Westwing Home and Living full-time

Pros

International teams with many young and creative minds who make working at Westwing unique and inspiring every day.

Cons

Fast work environment from the start

January 15, 2021Junior Recruiter

Thank you very much for your feedback on glassdoor. We truly appreciate your view and take the feedback very seriously in order to continuously improve ourselves as an organization.

3. "Backoffice contact with the courier companyes"

4.0
    Former Employee - Logistics

I worked at Westwing Home and Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well Payd, Nice Parners, Nice emotional Salary

Cons

They're not flexible in the hourly

4. COVID-19

"Good time spirit but overall space to improve"

Former Employee - Unknown in Munich, Bavaria
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Westwing Home and Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

- the team - how Covid-19 is handled

Cons

- work-life-balance - ways of working - micromanagement

5. "A good company to start your career"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Munich, Bavaria

I worked at Westwing Home and Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are a developer who is starting up Westwing is a very good place, you will get experience with different tech stacks, you will have the possibilities to work in different teams with very different focuses. People in general is very friendly, and there are team events every quarter. You have the chance to assist to conferences, obtain certifications, take advantage of online trainings in different platforms, and some hours per week to develop your tech skills on personal projects/learning time. HR team is very good, they will support you from start.

Cons

For more senior developers, the carrier path is a bit of a dead end. Many things can be improved in the tech area, perhaps consider more flat hierarchies, IT department is composed of a very hierarchical management structure. Sadly most managers are more carrier progression seekers than good at their jobs. Coaching, leadership, mentorship, feedback, and carrier development are things to improve in this area. Make of developers good engineers, by empower them on different fields other than simply coding a drafted solution by a team lead. Give a try and make teams more self organised, encourage engineers to be involved en every area of software design. Be more agile, hire software architects to improve the overall quality, and scrum masters to help you with processes. Agile otherwise is a fancy word, with daily stand ups as a boring reporting meeting, retrospective as pointless discussions. Hire the right people and get rid of unnecessary hierarchies.

January 15, 2021Junior Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking your time give us feedback on Glassdoor. We are happy to hear that you were happy with us as an employer. As we would continuously like to improve as an employer your feedback is very much appreciated and will be taken very seriously.

6. COVID-19

"Happy with job and employer"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Munich, Bavaria

I have been working at Westwing Home and Living full-time

Pros

- very fast recruiting process: time between the application and the final contract was less than a month - compared to these other anonymous recruiting processes, I was able to have a personalized contact to HR with very fast reply. Already at that time, I felt appreciated by the company, which was another experience as compared to lots of others, especially big companies - after 3 months in the company, I can say: I am still as happy as on the first day. Despite this challenging Corona situation, the company makes the best out of it with regard to onboarding, connecting with others virtually, and with little thoughtful presents sent to you at home. - Everybody, also in other teams, is open-minded, and happy to help or have a first chat to get to know each other

Cons

- Starting salary not exiting

January 15, 2021HR Generalist

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy working atWestwing and you are also very happy with HR!

7. "A very open company"

I have been working at Westwing Home and Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work in tech. We have a very cool vibe here. Code-wise it's quite fine, too. We have a noticeable yet not overwhelming amount of tech debt, which is alright, Westwing is nearly 10 years old. What's important is that we get the time to rework it and build things on new tech. Also, there are processes and practices in place to ensure we get this time regularly. We also have proper processes to help professional growth, which is really great. Also, the openness about how the company works and what's coming in the future is there to the fullest possible extent. That's truly excellent. And finally, Westwing grows. This is important.

Cons

On the flop side, there are growth problems. Which is inevitable whenever a company grows rapidly. But nevertheless, some teams become bottlenecks, some can't move as fast as they would need on their roadmap. To the company's defense though, it's being actively fixed, without making compromises on the quality of new hires. Which is great.

8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Dynamics NAV Consultant

I worked at Westwing Home and Living full-time

Pros

Good working atmosphere for team members

Cons

Nothing as such to describe

December 18, 2020Junior Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking your time to describe your impression about working at Westwing. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Westwing and really appreciate your positive feedback.

9. "Nice place to start a career!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Westwing Home and Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team communication and co-operation

Cons

Career plan and salaries should be accessible, if the exist

10. "I really like to work here!"

I have been working at Westwing Home and Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company dedicated to the business but as well to its employees. They are always looking for the best professionals on the market, which is extremely satisfying and challenging because you will be in contact with very well prepared as well as open minded, diverse and friendly people. I personally love working with the product/business that Westwing offers and It seems we are always looking for innovation. Salary is average/good compared to other companies in Munich.

Cons

It can be more dedicated to the environmental cause, produce recyclable products, reduce the use of plastic. Number of holidays is lower than the average of startups and companies in Munich, which is really bad in my opinion. One or two days more won't hurt and it will be a great benefit improve!

December 18, 2020Junior Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding working at Westwing. We really appreciate your feedback and advices. We are glad to hear that you are currently so happy with Westwing as an employer. We really appreciate your feedback and we are happy that you are part of our ambitious Westwing team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 English Reviews