Western Financial Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jun 30, 2021

Found 11 of over 230 reviews

3.3
Western Financial Group President and CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
Pros
  • "Regular hours, good benefits and nice office(in 14 reviews)

• "Work/life balance was good as it was 9-5(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not specific to Western Financial Group, the insurance industry has been going through a lot of changes recently which can make it challenging(in 11 reviews)

• "Lunch options are limited in High River(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Race Ethnicity

This rating reflects the overall rating of Western Financial Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Best Company Ever!

Jun 30, 2021 - Team Lead in Lac La Biche, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has supported me a great deal over the past 10 years with education, mentoring and growth. They compensate me well, give me the work life balance I need, great benefits that are all company paid, Employee shares, RSP matching and the list goes on! The Western family is a fantastic thing to be a part of!

Cons

I could not think of any

Social Media Specialist

Hello there, we thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are so happy we could support your growth! Here's to another great 10 years.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I loved working for my branch. The company in general not so much

Jun 19, 2021 - Client Care Associate in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

I personally had the greatest coworkers and manager. The vacation was good for a newly grad compare to other companies. Work/life balance was good as it was 9-5

Cons

Very corporate and I could see that managers get pressured from the upstairs. Lots of sales expectation. Not much room to grow

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for!

Apr 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in High River, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

A strong company that looks out for it's people with room for growth and advancement. Work/life balance

Cons

I have no cons for this company

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 15, 2020 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great, good work-life balance, nice to be a part of a company that is growing

Cons

Lower pay scale than other companies

5. 4.0

Great place to work

Nov 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Head office is a great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly and they definitely promote a work-life balance. They are a growing company and make you feel like you are a part of what they are building.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as it would be in Calgary. There are social events throughout the month but it is not overly social outside of your team. Most people eat lunch at their desk and there are not many options to get out of the office because of location.

6. 5.0

Best Job In Town!

Oct 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere Great work-life balance Management Cares and the branch is like family Engaged co-workers Lots of career opportunities Business goals and targets that challenge you to be your best Team excels together

Cons

Not a lot of contact with head office

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Customer and People Focused

Aug 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in High River, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

This organization is actively focused not only focused on the customer but on their people as well. Passion to invest in their people from the Executive level down is truly present. Consistent progress is being achieved through continual commitment to invest in their people and in their customers through various means. All organizations have the opportunity to improve however Western is an organization continually striving to make those improvements and build on their success through customer satisfaction, employee engagement and process improvement. They really are a great employer with competitive compensation and benefits who support work life balance and invest in their people through career progression, education, training and mentoring.

Cons

Not a con, more of a speculation. Change, improvement and evolution takes time and hard work. What is important is that the organization is committed to and actively working towards further creating a positive culture that resonates with their employees which in turn will spill over to their customers. Happy employees will promote customer satisfaction and greater success as a whole.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Western Financial Group is a great employer. We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days. If you contribute to RRSP's or ESOP's through them, they will match up to a certain %. They realize there has to be a fair work/life balance. Our branch is like an extended family. We all come together to help a colleague during a hard time. I truly believe you should love your job and I'm lucky to love mine.

Cons

You must have or pass your level 1 exam within the probationary period to keep your job.

Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you love your job with Western!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Insurance Advisor

Jan 25, 2018 - Insurance Advisor in Medicine Hat, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management team here is amazing, and our branch has that small community sense of values. You're not just a number when you work here. Three weeks vacation plus personal days, and sick days - very important for work/life balance.

Cons

The salary could be more competitive.

Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! Honesty is one of our guiding principles, and we appreciate your candor!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A political nightmare......unless you like that sort of thing!

Aug 10, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and compensation

Cons

The corrupt and political nightmare that is Head Office in High River. Employees live in fear due to lack of job stability and inappropriate behaviour of other employees and management.

5 people found this review helpful