Western Financial Group "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Found 119 reviews

3.6
Western Financial Group CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
Pros
  • "We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days(in 8 reviews)

• "They realize there has to be a fair work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a lot of contact with head office(in 8 reviews)

• "The micro management and cancerous environment brought about at the mid management level made the environment extremely toxic(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Head office is a great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly and they definitely promote a work-life balance. They are a growing company and make you feel like you are a part of what they are building.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as it would be in Calgary. There are social events throughout the month but it is not overly social outside of your team. Most people eat lunch at their desk and there are not many options to get out of the office because of location.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees. Maybe look at a better compensation structure that would entice people from the city to High River.

Western Financial Group2018-11-13
  2. "Best Job In Town!"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere Great work-life balance Management Cares and the branch is like family Engaged co-workers Lots of career opportunities Business goals and targets that challenge you to be your best Team excels together

Cons

Not a lot of contact with head office

Western Financial Group2018-10-19
  3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Western Financial Group is a great employer. We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days. If you contribute to RRSP's or ESOP's through them, they will match up to a certain %. They realize there has to be a fair work/life balance. Our branch is like an extended family. We all come together to help a colleague during a hard time. I truly believe you should...

Cons

You must have or pass your level 1 exam within the probationary period to keep your job.

Western Financial Group2018-01-25

Western Financial Group Response

March 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you love your job with Western!

• "Insurance Advisor"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The management team here is amazing, and our branch has that small community sense of values. You're not just a number when you work here. Three weeks vacation plus personal days, and sick days - very important for work/life balance.

Cons

The salary could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

They try to promote within and there is lots of room for advancement if you're willing to put in the work. Very encouraging to increase your knowledge with courses that are important to your career advancement.

Western Financial Group2018-01-25

Western Financial Group Response

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! Honesty is one of our guiding principles, and we appreciate your candor!

"A political nightmare......unless you like that sort of thing!"

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance and compensation

Cons

The corrupt and political nightmare that is Head Office in High River. Employees live in fear due to lack of job stability and inappropriate behaviour of other employees and management.

Advice to Management

Culture is set from the top down and since it's toxic, I suppose part of the solution is removing problem people from management. I would also relocate Head Office to a larger city where a larger pool of talent is available.

Western Financial Group2017-08-10
    • "Analyst"

I have been working at Western Financial Group

Pros

Work life balance Plenty of things to learn freedom to express your thoughts

Cons

Sometimes management get lazy. Work is very montonous

Advice to Management

Be Proactive

Western Financial Group2016-06-30