Western Financial Group Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Sep 4, 2019

3.6
Western Financial Group President and CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
Pros
  • "We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days(in 9 reviews)

• "People are great, good work-life balance, nice to be a part of a company that is growing(in 7 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Western Financial Group is a great employer. We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days. If you contribute to RRSP's or ESOP's through them, they will match up to a certain %. They realize there has to be a fair work/life balance. Our branch is like an extended family. We all come together to help a colleague during a hard time. I truly believe you should love your job and I'm lucky to love mine.

Cons

You must have or pass your level 1 exam within the probationary period to keep your job.

Western Financial Group Response

March 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you love your job with Western!

"Leadership Must Change"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kelowna, BC

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, lack of structure and management so poor performers can poorly perform.

Cons

Terrible Management. Discrimination and abuse towards women from Senior Executives. Favoritism is so apparent for a few specific employees which makes for a very disengaging and toxic office environment. The fat has to be cut from the top or they will continue to lose all their good, experienced staff. 95% of their sales staff have already left due to poor management decisions and inexperienced managers in their positions that chose to micro manage as they don’t know what else to do. Everyone is miserable there and it seems like Western is tied up in multiple lawsuits with the staff members that chose to leave for better opportunities.

Continue reading

"Better opportunities in Calgary"

Insurance Advisor in Strathmore, AB

I worked at Western Financial Group for more than 5 years

Pros

decent pay and good benefits

Cons

revolving door...ownership, management & front line. Very low morale.

"Not good"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are good for a small town

Cons

Worst micromanagement. Upper management has no idea how employees in branches really feel because they only hear from their managers. No training although head office wants to believe they have the best training. Fairness is one of the key items they note in everything they do but doesn't apply at all to employees.

Western Financial Group Response

May 23, 2018Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to learn that your experience lately has not matched our intention of being a great place to work and, values that include truthfulness and fairness. I encourage you to talk to a manager or your regional director because we want to make sure your working culture is one that allows all of us to be our best.

5. "can make either great money or pretty much minimum wage"

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Good pay if u sell alot. All phone sales. good benefits. (must enjoy cold calling companies all day everyday)

Cons

If you don't sell every month (most don't) you dont work there anymore. Very high turnover (reps and mgmnt). Senior management is out to lunch

"Not a great experience"

2.0

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great wages and good benefits.

Cons

Too many corporate policies and procedures.

"Disorganize"

2.0
     in Laval, QC

I worked at Western Financial Group

Pros

really good benefits plan and ok pay

Cons

The office its in Laval, Québec and head office at Winnipeg it can be frustrating and complicated. Also the management is disorganize.

"Meh"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Good benefits, talented and knowledgeable people (but those are dwindling in numbers), good location.

Cons

Used to be a great company to work for. Too much emphasis put on acquisitions. Seems like the company grew too fast and now they don't know how to integrate all the business units. Everyone is working with a different system. Hard working and talented people leaving the company because they are overworked and not treated fairly.

Continue reading

"HR is extremely controlling"

in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group

Pros

Some benefits are good, but some are actually really poor. The people are nice but of late everyone is keeping their head down

Cons

Company stifles any creativity. They do not like anything new and new ideas can only come from certain leaders. HR and CEO always get to decide pretty much on everything. Very micromanaging culture and not one you can trust. I thought that Desjardins will have more control as owners but they seem to allow poor management to prevail. A very poor culture. Sales keeps adding new directors and ales managers but nobody meets the targets which always means more cuts for us. Living in fear.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews