Western Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2020

3.6
Western Financial Group President and CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
  1. "Great place to work! High earning potential with a fun, young culture."

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Winnipeg, MB
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

I worked at Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions (GIS) in Winnipeg for two years and have nothing but great things to say. In the sales role, there is very high earning potential right off the bat and they trust young professionals in their positions and allow them to make important decisions but are also willing to provide support. Their training was helpful in getting me prepared for sales and the commercial insurance industry. What I think is one of the biggest takeaways from this role is the thick skin, and business sense you develop talking to business owners for a large portion of your day. This is a confidence I feel cannot be taught through business school but is learned over time of speaking with owners and entrepreneurs In terms of the perks, they start you off in a great spot with lots of vacation, personal days etc. They also have early Fridays each summer that is in addition to the holidays and personal days. The sales team I was apart of has a winning culture where collectively everyone wants to succeed. Western Financial Group (GIS) is a great place to work with lots of wonderful people.

Cons

Not many cons in my personal experience, I can say that people who are not willing to come in and put in the work necessary will not succeed. Though you will find this in most sales positions. This is a position where a portion of your income is directly correlated with how hard you work which can be difficult for some.

2. "The Company That Gives"

Current Employee - Digital User Experience Lead in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Positive work environment - Competitive salaries - Engaged leadership team - Encouraging growth opportunities

Cons

Very large office, so it has been hard to get to know many people

3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hanna, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Company paid Benefits! 3 Weeks holidays to start! Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. On the job training provided. This company truly cares about their employees and their success!

Cons

I really cannot think of anything. This company does a great job of making sure the employees are happy and satisfied!

4. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

I've worked for this company for just over 3 years. There is a strong belief in investing in their employees successes and promoting from within. The culture within the company is great and feels like you are part of a family and not a large corporation. If you are looking for a rewarding, yet challenging career this is the place for you.

Cons

Company is working to keep up with technology and due to its size and geographical locations, it takes longer to adapt than a smaller company.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are great, good work-life balance, nice to be a part of a company that is growing

Cons

Lower pay scale than other companies

6. COVID-19

"The place to be!"

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Regina, SK

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

During COVID 19 WFG has truly demonstrated customer excellence, team togetherness, digital channel servicing, positive internal communication and the importance of employee engagement.

Cons

None at this present time

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent Company with a Great Future"

Current Employee - Head Office Position in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company values employees and recognizes positive contributions. Really enjoy working here.

Cons

Learning how to work from home better.

Continue reading
  8. "Wonderful people from branches to HO"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and culture are truly what makes this company special. From a very caring top to wonderful joyous people serving clients. At work, I look forward to speaking with many different people across the organization and working with our great little team. Western makes work life easier by supporting the creativity of ideas on our team and it's great to have the support from leadership to shape and watch your idea grow.

Cons

Drive to High River but I work from home a few days a week and during storms.

"AMAZING COMPANY - Even in hard times"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Beaverlodge, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture in the office is second to none. I have never felt more comfortable in a new job before. I have had incredible support in my journey to becoming a licensed insurance agent - they are very encouraging and want to see me succeed! I have never worked for a company who stands behind their employees as much as Western Financial Group does. They are VERY focused on their employees and being at the top of the Insurance game!

Cons

Wish I would have started sooner!!!

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advancement opportunities, Learning opportunities, Supportive Management

Cons

Challenging to learn the industry at times.

Found 143 reviews