Western Financial Group Management Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 3 reviews

3.8
Western Financial Group CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
  1. "Focused on the future!"

Current Employee - Management in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Western has excellent benefits that are 100% employer paid. I have been with the company 2 years and already got a promotion. A clear career path was set up for me.

Cons

The company has many new initiatives with the New Epic broker Management, a clear Onewestern strategy, and focus on improving customer experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the work on adding assistant managers. This position has helped me prepare to be a better leader. I look forward to a long and rewarding career with Western.

Western Financial Group2014-08-18

"RVP"

Former Employee - Management in High River, AB

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- built on strong guiding principles - very dedicated to the community - capable and helpful employees - senior executive roles pay very well

Cons

- purchased by Dejardin - lost culture during the overturn in leadership - attrition extremely high. Many long term employees have gone to competitors - current atmosphere negative and disengaged - few people stay around long enough to benefit from the bonus structure

Advice to Management

- dust off the guiding principles which made WFG strong angd put them back into practice

Western Financial Group2015-05-10

"Absolutely wonderful people."

Former Employee - Management

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people that work in the branches are some of the most caring and client focused people you will ever meet. They care about the company and it's values. They are completely loyal and dedicated to former owner and founder Scott Tannis. As a former employee, I still conduct my personal business with Western offices.

Cons

The former President Scott Tannis, has stepped down. The new President, Jeff Burke, was brought in from the outside the company. His focus is in attaining profits at any cost. The first item cut was the core values. Trust and Loyalty became a thing of the past. Many of the senior management and support people were given the axe with no notice. Loyal employees are leaving as they do not trust the current leadership....

Advice to Management

My advice to Dejardin is to watch closely the health of their investment. They purchased Western to make money and it is a great investment. You need to look beyond the balance sheet to ensure that the senior leadership is managing your investment in a sustainable way. I am confident that Jeff Burke will exceed the profit targets this year, What is worrying the employees is what state the company will be in next year?

Western Financial Group2014-05-08