Western Financial Group Insurance Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 15 reviews

3.4
Western Financial Group CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
  1. "My branch has been a great place to work"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

I have read many of the reviews, some very negative. I can only speak from my experience. I am still fairly new to Western and to the insurance field but my experience has been nothing but positive and supportive. The branch management team has supported my growth, they see my success as success for the company. Training has been very structured and well paced. The office environment has been good, this branch... really does feel like a family (and yes, every family has some dysfunction, but compared to other places I have worked this is minor). The pay and benefits are competitive, I have heard that the starting salary is a little lower than other brokerages but the increased vacation and benefits offsets this. One of the things about Western that was most appealing to me is the focus on local community and the push to be involved, whether with fundraising efforts, volunteering, or supporting in other ways. Insurance is very much a corporate endeavor, so if being involved in your community and giving back is also important to you, Western is a great place to do that.

Cons

I am still new to Western, I have not come across much in the way of negatives yet.

Advice to Management

Read through the reviews. Clearly there are some issues in some (perhaps many) of the branches, but not all. Find what is working well, try to replicate it in places where things are not going well. You don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Western Financial Group2018-01-27

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate it!

"Good place to start"

Former Employee - Insurance Advisor

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great coworkers found within the service department.

Cons

You'll earn a crippling workload if you're a productive employee. Far too many managers/executives, not nearly enough invested in support positions or retaining good staff.

Advice to Management

"Restructuring" is required far beyond where desks and cubicles are situated.

Western Financial Group2019-05-16
  3. "I Truly Enjoy my Career"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Strathmore, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with this company for three and a half years, and have had some of my best experiences with it. I have worked in two of our branches both in Southern Alberta as well as Central Alberta. Each office has helped coach myself in very different ways to be the broker I am today. I truly believe in Western Financial Groups focus on supporting our communities. I have been largely involved in our charity... Support The Cause and I love seeing the impact the money we raise as an office has impacted my community. Western Financial Group is a fair company to work for, that truly enjoys seeing their employees succeed. When I began three and a half years ago, I started at our front desk as a receptionist. I have since then moved my way through our Personal Lines team. I could not have grown as much I have without the support of my coworkers and management team. I have recommended two long time friends of my own to the company, who have now become two long term employees to Western Financial Group.

Cons

The pay is a little on the lower side, however they make up for it in their benefits, vacation time as well as their Incentive Program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Western Financial Group2018-11-09

"Better opportunities in Calgary"

Insurance Advisor in Strathmore, AB

I worked at Western Financial Group for more than 5 years

Pros

decent pay and good benefits

Cons

revolving door...ownership, management & front line. Very low morale.

Advice to Management

have proper number of employees to reach targets. Perpetually short staffed.

Western Financial Group2018-10-29
  5. "Poor management and scheudle"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Victoria, BC

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

3 weeks vacation a year

Cons

No work life balance Split weeks No paid overtime Expensive benefits

Advice to Management

Poor management with no work life balance...

Western Financial Group2018-06-26

June 28, 2018Social Media Specialist

We value your feedback. We are committed to ensuring our employees feel supported by their management. We appreciate open communication and if you feel comfortable you could speak with your regional manager to address these issues.

"Great Career"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, excellent benefits, 3 weeks vacation to start. Really enjoy the culture.

Cons

Some technology is slow. Working the occasional Saturday.

Western Financial Group2018-01-24

March 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for the review. We appreciate the input!

7. "Insurance Advisor"

I have been working at Western Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

The company takes an interest in your personal well being. I find that I do not have a lot of stress working at the Medicine Hat downtown office.

Cons

Open on Saturday's, but not that bad. You get a day off during the week which is nice as you can do your personal business.

Advice to Management

I am very happy working at Western Financial Group (MHD)

Western Financial Group2018-01-25
  8. "Insurance Advisor - Southern Alberta"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very competitive benefits package and the ability to earn bonuses. A lot of possibility to move up the branch or network depending on your goals and perseverance.

Cons

Pay scale is slightly below average, but can be increased from bonuses achieved throughout the year.

March 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review Western. We appreciate it!

9. "Insurance Advisor"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The management team here is amazing, and our branch has that small community sense of values. You're not just a number when you work here. Three weeks vacation plus personal days, and sick days - very important for work/life balance.

Cons

The salary could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

They try to promote within and there is lots of room for advancement if you're willing to put in the work. Very encouraging to increase your knowledge with courses that are important to your career advancement.

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! Honesty is one of our guiding principles, and we appreciate your candor!

10. "Insurance Advisor"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

the benefits plans, flex hours and sick days

Cons

Due to Saturdays being open and open late night open, we have minimum staff

Advice to Management

Make sure we have full staff at all times, keep management doors open at all times

Found 15 reviews