Western Dental Services Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

2.9
Western Dental Services CEO Dan Crowley (no image)
Dan Crowley
Pros
  • "Fast paced environment, 40 hours, exercised customer service(in 12 reviews)

• "Great Place to Learn, Fast pace(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very high workload, poor upper management, morally compromising, low pay(in 16 reviews)

• "Low pay, they send you to different offices without even asking if you’re okay with going(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Not bad for a start"

4.0
    Current Contractor - Dentist

I have been working at Western Dental Services

Pros

Great to start, lots of patients, fun

Cons

Low staff, long hours, low pay

2. "Great Training Ground"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Training, Clear Roles, Bonuses, Stable Hours

Cons

Very high workload, poor upper management, morally compromising, low pay

3. "Rcm"

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

Good family and work balance

Cons

Low pay . other people come in making more while the people that been there longer are making verry little

"I'm so glad I'm long gone from that place."

Former Employee - Front Office in San Diego, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's easy to get hired here. Also the day goes by pretty fast because you're always busy. Some of the staff and the patients were nice people too. This place is good for the experience but overall stressful place to work. You can try your best here and deal with it to get your experience if you cant get hired anywhere else but most people don't last too long. Don't expect to learn much unless you find someone who cares enough to properly train you.

Cons

Unprofessional managers, little to no benefits, low pay, totally overworked, and ZERO organization or efficiency even within their corporate office. Corporate just books a bunch of patients and expects us to see them all. People are always upset and wait usually no less than 1 hour and there was many times the wait would be up to 4 hours no joke. The patients often were rude and yelled at us at the front desk when we had NO control over the wait time. It was ridiculously unprofessional and unethical the way the Doctors and back office staff treated the patients. No communication or genuine acknowledgment. Front office was always overworked and stressed therefore customer service sucked and people felt uncared for. On top of that most of heir offices need some serious renovation. They see people as production so there's definitely a difference in how much priority you'll get depending on your insurance. Sad to say. I wouldn't recommend this place to any one.

"Business Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

Full time Benefits Potential for growth

Cons

Call center being rude giving bad representation of office Upper management does not value their employee PDM's and CD's don't care about BM's, only care about producing Western Dental is all about money and production. They do not care for the patient. PCCs do not get good bonuses Anything that is said to HR is talked about to PDMs and employees. Their is no privacy Having Low pay and giving 0.3% increase after 1 year for employees who qualify is just a slap in the face. Hours say you are open 9-7 but they have staff working passed 830.

"Patient Care Coordinator"

2.0
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to learn new things in a very fast paced environment. Benefits such as sick time and paid time off.

Cons

The schedule is horrible since they are open monday- Saturday 9-7pm. Must be able to work overtime. You are not asked to do this you are forced. High turn over rate so constantly having to train someone new. Low pay. This company does not care about their employees just their business. All they care about is money money money. You are forced to take over other people's work and you are not compensated for this. They give you no formal training and have the concept of sink or swim. I would not recommend this employer unless you are trying to get experience. They state to care about patients but they really don't. No ethics whatsoever!! As soon as I find another job I'm out of here!

"Worst Job Ever"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is gaining speed.

Cons

If you are desperate for money, then by all means work here until you find another position. This is the worst dental environment I've EVER worked in! I haven't even worked here two weeks and I'm already planning on to never return. I've had no training AT ALL, basically just thrown in there and when coworkers and doctors ask for assistance, they look baffled when I state I have no idea what's going on. This place is all about money since most of the patients are dentical. The doctors lack empathy and don't care about the patients needs at all, they're all about making sales! The assistants and sterilization techs are GROSS! People are always leaving the x-ray rooms dirty! I am always catching people going into cabinets with their contaminated gloves! AND DON'T CLEAN THEM AFTER! Low Pay Overworked Favoritism Terrible Hours Lots of Children Hostile Environment Crappy and Uncaring Dentists Lack of Infection Control and Cross Contamination.

Continue reading

"Rethink your options before working here"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities for travel and in the beginning it seemed as though there was room for growth as well. I did also like my team and learned a lot about dentistry from business managers as well as field trainers for the company.

Cons

There are a lot more cons than there are pros: -No work/life balance -Low pay for the amount of work you are given -When traveling on their supposed dime, you are not completely reimbursed -Too much pressure to sell -Practice Development Manager has little respect for employee -The company makes you believe that there is room for growth and that you can get quickly promoted, but that is not true. -There are so many people that quit within the first two weeks of them working here. -They are very disorganized in placing you, training you, and opening new offices. -The list goes on and on, really consider everything before taking the job-it has stressed me out so much

"Registered Assistant"

Current Employee - Rda in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

, no professionalism among employees/Corporate employees are only concerned about production with no concern over patients treatment nor the staff members that have direct contact with patients

Cons

big staff turn over. no bonus ever. low pay raises, understaffed overworked

Western Dental Services Response

July 5, 2016

Hello - thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I will be sure to share this with our management team, as we are always looking for ways to improve as a company. We look forward to your continued support.

"Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pros is it’s an okay place to start when you finish school I guess they sort of train you, the lead dental assistant is usually in the front or the break room and don’t like to help out

Cons

Low pay, they send you to different offices without even asking if you’re okay with going . I get sent at least once a week to a different office even if it’s sort of far. Sometimes we have 2-3 doctors and not enough assistants and we still need to do X-rays for new patients or recall patients and find time to sterilize and bring patients in and set up for their treatments.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews