Weidner Apartment Homes Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2021

Found 232 of over 246 reviews

3.8
Weidner Apartment Homes Founder W. Dean Weidner (no image)
W. Dean Weidner
Pros
  • "I have been in property management for the last five years and this is one of the best companies ive worked for(in 11 reviews)

• "Weidner has an extensive training program and offers advancement opportunities(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Alot of gossip but that's common in property management(in 13 reviews)

• "I have seen many leasing agents and assistant managers get affected by poor management(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

best place

Oct 28, 2020 - Leasing Agent in Prince Albert, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work environment to work with a diversity of people

Cons

Long hours of work even weekend work

Director of Recruiting

Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience while working with Weidner. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your work environment and the team of people you worked with. This is very important to us. Since our business is providing homes, we do work weekends to ensure we are taking care of people when they need it. Understandably, this does not work for everyone's schedule. Thanks again for your feedback. Best wishes in your future endeavors! Sincerely, Monica Williams, Director of Recruiting

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great job, good benefits.

Aug 6, 2019 - Community Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great trading and software, team environment.

Cons

No issues, had a great experience with the company.

This is wonderful to hear! Thank you! -Team Weidner

3. 3.0

Good company, bad properties

Jun 25, 2019 - Community Director in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management and on site staff are great to work with.

Cons

Properties are dated and have many problems. Not always the best clientele/residents

Recruiter

Thank you for sharing a review. It is amazing to hear you had a positive experience with upper management and worked with great people. We value all of our properties and residents and have a variety of apartments in our portfolio. Our people, both residents and associates, create the heart of our communities and we realize each location has its own benefits and challenges. We wish you luck in your next position. -People Services

4. 1.0

Community Director

Nov 2, 2017 - Community Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly the worst company I have ever been employed by in property management the last 10 years there is no pros .

Cons

Underpaid Undervalued No support Area Director cluessless as well as Regional offer no support or training because they have no idea to run and support a site Support was call help desk I don't know Always no money in budget There buildings are old and bare minimum amount of money put into repairs bandaid fixed Moth infestation and mice Allow any breed of dog in to get over 90% occupancy as well as people who don't even qualify . All procedures and restricted breed policies thrown out the window just to get revenue up. Hence all those residents will be evicted within less than 6 months as they didn't even income qualify Mold issuesleaking roofs Dogs barking Constant complaints about noise leaking roofs high utility costs the just goes in and in daily by residents . Main reason residents move out high utility costs maintenance requests take forever Never fully staffed Staff over worked

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

I am so sorry that your experience was a negative one. We are reviewing this feedback and I encourage you to reach out to me directly if you would like to go into further detail. I wish you luck in your next position. -Marie Virgilio, VP of Recruiting

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexibility, growth, and independence with Weidner

Jul 29, 2017 - Property Manager in Saskatoon, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weidner is great because you are able to grow fast within the company, learn about property management, and have free range for decision making. If you are at a managerial position, you will have flexibility with your work hours and will also be the decision maker.

Cons

You will need strong sales experience as you will be required to lease an outdated product. You must be customer service oriented and a people's person who has infinite patience and is always willing to learn and be hands on.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your career with Weidner. You sound like someone who has a strong desire to succeed and someone who can think on their feet. We truly appreciate your hard work!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

excellent

Jun 8, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

they are pretty supportive and organized team. they listen and make a decision making to make the things done.

Cons

day to day mainteance request to meet the company rules and standard.

Thank you so much!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful career

Jun 8, 2017 - Caretaker in Dawson Creek, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Weidner because they have some of the best property management staff around. Everyone I've worked with, or alongside has been amazing and full of information. The extras are great too. But my favorite part is getting to be around all the fantastic residents at my property. Everyone is so wonderful.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides. Our bosses are helpful but not overbearing, who could ask for better?

Recruiter

Thank you for your review! You care about your residents and your team and it definitely comes across here. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company in the world

Jun 6, 2017 - Leasing Consultant in Prince Albert, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best management, the best company , the best product,

Cons

We are too busy to answer to all our clients

Recruiter

Thank you so much, Prince Albert! We appreciate your feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team enviroment

Jun 6, 2017 - Community Director in Regina, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Weidner for over 2 years now. The management team is very supportive of the site staff. The training department is exceptional. I feel like I am apart of something more than just an office. Its not just another job, its a great place to work and I love coming to work everyday.

Cons

Training courses are usually out of town, but all travel is paid by the company.

Recruiter

We appreciate your review and love to hear from our Canadian region! Feeling supported is so important and it is wonderful to hear your experience. The training team works so hard and it is nice to hear kudos for them. Thank you!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

M.I.T

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyday is different. Fun. Decent Pay. Independence. Rewarding. There is lots of support from everyone.

Cons

Like any property management job, the job can be demanding and taxing. It really does depend on your residents though.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! You described the industry well and we appreciate all of the heart you put into your job! This industry can be demanding, especially when you care about your residents. We encourage you to ask for help whenever you need it. That is a skill that will allow you to cultivate a long and wonderful career. Thank you, again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 232 Reviews