Weber Shandwick Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated May 1, 2020

3.4
Weber Shandwick President and CEO Gail Heimann
Gail Heimann
Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low in comparison to other agencies and there is no work life balance(in 76 reviews)

• "Long hours, poor salaries for entry levels(in 70 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "No work life balance"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great PR experience, opportunities to work with clients across sectors, lots of free food.

Cons

Insufficient pay and no work life balance

Weber Shandwick2020-05-01
  2. "Cool Work"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

cool clients, cool campaigns. work life balance

Cons

not enough money in raises/promos

Weber Shandwick2020-03-25
  3. "Great if ambitious"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is top notch with big clients

Cons

Pay is low in comparison to other agencies and there is no work life balance

Weber Shandwick2020-02-18

"Lots of Lessons Learned"

Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is open to trying new methods to PR and marketing, and will take on a good challenge. Theres lots to learn here

Cons

Limited work life balance and favoritism is real. Promotions felt dependent on internal politics

Weber Shandwick2020-02-11
  5. "Good for your CV"

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunitiy ot work on great clients

Cons

Culture needs work, work life balance often isn't great

Weber Shandwick2020-01-17
  6. "Weber Shandwick"

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Talented people, great network

Cons

Poor work-life balance, no opportunity to grow

Weber Shandwick2020-01-18
  7. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Andheri East

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great exposure! - First hand experience on working with clients like COLORS, Mattel India, Burger King India, Sony SAB and The Viral Fever (TVF) Also, the senior management in the firm is easily approachable. Guidance from my seniors in the firm actually helped to grasp the trick of the trade and deal with clients.

Cons

Initially, it is difficult to have a proper work life balance.

Weber Shandwick2019-08-22

"Wonderful work, amazing people, terrible pay"

Former Employee - Manager, Client Experience in Minneapolis, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at Weber was so rewarding. You work among some of the most creative/intelligent people in the industry on high-profile clients. Work life balance depends on your accounts, but definitely expect to at the very least be checking email during nights/weekends. You're definitely overworked in lower-level positions, but it starts to even out once you pass Senior Account Executive/Senior Associate. I was lucky my supervisor was awesome and didn't care about specific hours or if you wanted to work from home, as long as you were billing your 8 hours daily and staying above 85% billability. Pay is awful, but I think getting better. As an intern (full time position, first job out of college), I made $12.50 an hour, no overtime pay and no benefits, which just isn't sustainable in the large city in which we are located. We got a new General Manager in the last year or two, and he is amazing, and has made the culture at the office more collaborative, inclusive and upbeat, which has been great.

Cons

I loved working on a variety of clients across different areas of expertise, but you're kind of just thrown into the fire. I learned so much in my first few years at Weber and honestly owe it to them for whipping me into shape and giving me so many awesome opportunities, but it was truly hell. I have a very thick skin, but I left work crying on multiple occasions my first few months/years there, as did many of my peers. I was barely paid enough to stay alive, and worked late into the evenings almost daily. For several months, I was expected to be in the office by 6 a.m. daily for a report due to a client in a different time zone. It appears to be a little more flexible now and I think interns are payed overtime, but man it was bad. It got much better when I started to climb the latter, and it does seem to be less stressful for lower level employees now, so I guess it might depend on your supervisor and/or client accounts. One other con is that Weber has started restructuring internally to get people to specialize in one area (social media vs. media vs. client experience vs. content development). In a business sense, this makes a lot of sense and optimizes account teams. For personal business growth/development, though, I found it disappointing to transition from knowing/learning how to do "everything" to having to silo myself into one group. It made my work more monotonous and boring, and while I was strengthening the skills I was best it, I felt like I stopped learning new things and growing my intelligence.

Weber Shandwick2019-08-19
  9. "Great Place!"

Current Employee - Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great work environment with a lot of fun, driven people - Benefit package is pretty good. Insurance and 401K matching is at or above industry standard - Top-tier client roster with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to smaller companies that are leaders in their industries - Opportunity to expand your skill set and try new practice areas if you raise your hand and push for the experience

Cons

- Work life balance can be tricky. A lot is expected of everyone at all levels and although not explicitly stated employees are always on call - Compensation is not that great. HR recently has started limiting the number of people who are eligible to be promoted and keep reducing the number of times employees can be promoted during the year. This makes it more and more difficult to make staying long-term a viable option as you move up in the company. - Senior staff can sometimes tend play favorites with employees

Weber Shandwick2019-07-08
  10. "Awesome people and interesting work"

Current Intern - Intern in Mumbai

I have been working at Weber Shandwick for less than a year

Pros

Big clients, great office and colleagues

Cons

No work life balance and hectic working hourse

Weber Shandwick2019-06-20