Waste Management Reviews

Found 2,390 of over 2,523 reviews

3.6
Waste Management President and CEO James C. Fish, Jr
James C. Fish, Jr
Pros
  • "Great benefits depends on the market area if you're labeled corporate or not(in 172 reviews)

• "Good benefits overall nice enviroment(in 160 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes long hours expected daily(in 101 reviews)

• "work life balance disrupted sometime(in 40 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Excellent company to work for!

Nov 19, 2020 - Laborer in Port Charlotte, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is probably the best mid level job available in my area and I love it. If you are fully able to do labor and you have a strong work ethic then you will love it here. The work starts off tough, but gets easier as your body adjusts. The management are all amazing and will absolutely help you and encourage you to do well and will treat you with respect as long as you work hard. This is not the job or company to be a call off slacker though so keep in mind your attendance and your efficiency. If you have strong work ethic and minimal call outs then you will do excellent here.

Cons

You are going to get bitten by bugs. You are going to get some cuts or scrapes and you will smell some horrible things, but all that doesn't happen TOO frequently. Be mindful of your surroundings and you can avoid most of the downsides. Except the bugs. The bugs are hungry and they WILL find you.

18 people found this review helpful

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your great review. We’re committed to constantly looking to improve so that we can offer our employees an environment they can thrive in. We are happy to hear about your positive experience while working for Waste Management.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very good

Aug 21, 2021 - Assistant Property Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company to work in

Cons

there is no cons at all

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your great review. We’re committed to offering our employees an environment they can thrive in. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience while working for Waste Management.

3. What people are saying about Waste Management

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company with great benefits

Sep 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company and culture Good managers Benefits Salary

Cons

None at this moment in time

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to offer our employees opportunities to grow within our many departments and pride ourselves on providing a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees.

5. 4.0

Excellent Interview

Sep 7, 2021 - General Laborer in Carp, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I very much enjoy the versatility and family-like atmosphere. I have a good support group of people willing to help me out. I also enjoy having a group of people willing to take a chance on me to handle important tasks.

Cons

There is a lot of work involved, and sometimes problems arise that I do not have an answer to. This in itself gets frustrating but nothing I can't handle.

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been a completely positive one. We continually strive to ensure that our management is providing the best leadership to our teams. The key to our success is our people and we continue to make strides in providing the best work experience possible. We value all feedback from our employees and love to hear recommendations on how to best provide a more positive work experience.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

anything goes

Aug 29, 2021 - Administration in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly environment most of the times

Cons

very low compensation for the work you do

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We value all feedback and continually strive to ensure we are providing our employees with an environment they can succeed in.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Garbage man

Jul 18, 2021 - Garbage Man in Niagara, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working 8-5 Working Monday through Friday

Cons

Stinky , dirty. Always need to shower after work

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We value all feedback and continually strive to ensure we are providing our employees with an environment they can succeed in.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good job

Jun 27, 2021 - Truck Driver in Kingston, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay well, good benefits & pension

Cons

To many rules, get written up very easy and you are on camera 24/7

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been a completely positive one. We value all feedback from our employees and love to hear recommendations on how to best provide a more positive work experience.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible Company

Jul 30, 2021 - Driver in Sechelt, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Early retirement due to injury, Or death. Amazing contradiction of job title. Constant lies from management. Ridiculous rule system set up for failure.

Cons

Early retirement due to injury, Or death. Amazing contradiction of job title. Constant lies from management. Ridiculous rule system set up for failure!

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a completely positive one. We value all feedback from our employees and love to hear recommendations on how to best provide a more positive work experience.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jun 8, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unreal to work at for the whole period

Cons

Long hours But it’s life

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your great review. We’re committed to offering our employees an environment they can thrive in. We are happy to hear about your positive experience while working for Waste Management.

11. 5.0

dggdbdbr

May 29, 2021 - Location Manager I
      Business Outlook

Pros

love the work double triuble of the world

Cons

no corns as the place is very nice

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your great review and feedback. We’re committed to offering our employees an environment they can thrive in. We are happy to hear about your positive experience while working for Waste Management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,390 Reviews