Found 137 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good and the job was easy" (in 739 reviews)
- "Good benefits and flexible with hours" (in 437 reviews)
- "Full of really nice people and it expanded my experience and allowed me an insight into the working world" (in 321 reviews)
- "Most staff were friendly and helpful" (in 283 reviews)
- "Discount and bonus was good (although I don't think they even offer the latter anymore)" (in 239 reviews)
- "Conflicting policy and poor management makes staff scared to be unwell at risk of losing job." (in 394 reviews)
- "Too many managers micromanaging you telling you different things all at once like they couldnt keep track" (in 345 reviews)
- "sometimes hours are long and boring" (in 216 reviews)
- "Hard to get holidays off and managers will allocate the time off for you which you can't change." (in 95 reviews)
- "Hard to get holiday :(" (in 58 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Waitrose and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "john lewis"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 3, 2023Supermarket AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Discount on John Lewis (40%) and Waitrose (15%) products Friendly work environment - most staff were very nice
COuld be stressful when their was staffing issues
- 5.0Aug 20, 2019Supermarket AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBracknell, England
Excellent partner benefits such as a 12.5% discount of items in Waitrose and a 25% discount in John Lewis. Colleagues are warm and welcoming and management ensures that you feel supported in the workplace at all times.
As with any retail position, dealing with tricky customers can always be seen as a downfall to the job - however this is unavoidable!