WDS Customer Care Representative Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.1
WDS CEO David Ffoulkes-Jones
David Ffoulkes-Jones
  1. "Customer Care Technician"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Boise, ID

I worked at WDS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly personal work environment. Very good computer tools available to do the required job.

Cons

Outsource of technical support for cellular phone service can be intimidating and frustrating. Supporting the hardware of all old and new cellular phones, account discrepancies, signal issues, in a 12 minute performance time limit is a bit challenging.

2. "The most awful job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at WDS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training dept was amazing. They were very helpful and we were ready for anything once we actually got on the floor.

Cons

They were very horrible about raises. In the almost 3 years I worked there I was barely making more than my start on pay. The benefits were also crap.

Continue reading

"People are great, the job is not."

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at WDS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to be while you look for somewhere else. The other reps and most supervisors are great.

Cons

Upper management seems very distant to the call center and their workers needs. Benefits are not great. When I was there constant breaking of Texas working laws: Wanting you to sign in and bring up all of your systems before clocking in and being there half an hour before work. Very little room to move up since turnover is constant.

Continue reading
  4. "Do not work for this company. Ever. They try to throw money at you but its not worth it."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at WDS full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly people to work with except supervisors and ccms

Cons

- Base Pay is WAY too low for how stressful it is and compared to other call centers, - Supervisors only try to find what is negative about you and talk to you about it instead of being positive. -They force you to work on holidays, if they need you, even if you get approved vacation prior. - Dirty, Filthy, Loud, like you have to clean the desks everyday (you always get a new desk everyday for carnival seating). - They dont approve regular part time (unless in college) even though they hire like MAD.

Continue reading
  5. "Decent place ot get a paycheck"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at WDS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training and regular pay.

Cons

Not employee focused. I got orphaned (left without a supervisor to report to or get assistance from) and they TOLD me they were working on the issue, but it finally took a supervisor realizing I had no support putting in a request to have me report to him. I have NO idea what the other guys were doing, if anything, to help me. Short lunch break.

"Possibly the WORST call center to work in terms of wages, job security and morality!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Prepaid Representative, Customer Care Representative, Technical Support Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at WDS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Somewhat lenient policy regarding tardiness and absences but that was back in the day. The way their policies change more and more in favor of the company the harder it gets to find anything nice to say about them.

Cons

$4 less per hour than every other call center in the state. Worked there 3 yrs, only made .96c in raises that entire time. No bonuses and barely there insurance that costs as much as private insurance. No control over schedule assigned to you. Shift bids twice a year based on performance. Forced job changes: Learn the Customer Care side of the job or get fired even if you were hired on as a Technical Support agent. A downgrade in pay comes with the forced change more often than not. Policy changes that conflict with the parent company's policies. CONSTANT POLICY CHANGES!

Continue reading
  7. "Looking for another job, can't wait to leave!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at WDS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are awesome, that's about it.

Cons

Terrible management. The company doesn't care about its employees. Facilities are barely maintained. Low pay. Dead end job.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews