Vivint Solar Employee Reviews about "vivint solar"

Updated Mar 17, 2020

3.5
Vivint Solar CEO David Bywater  (no image)
David Bywater
Pros
  • "Free lunch (you just pay a small tax)(in 59 reviews)

• "VIVINT solar has figured out what it takes to be the top company in such a booming industry(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depends too heavily on door-to-door sales(in 33 reviews)

• "Should have applied sooner with Vivint Solar and share more time with them(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "vivint solar"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Does Not Care About Employees"

1.0
    Current Employee - Installer

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get free clothing for work.

Cons

With Covid-19 going around the United States, a lot of business' are making it a priority to take care of their employees, making sure they receive paid time off if they are sick, or if they are closing down their shops, they pay them for the time they are closed down. Vivint Solar on the other hand, with their stocks actually gaining is making employees use their PTO if they are sick, and if they are sick and do not have PTO they have to take time off -unpaid. I find this very dis-concerning since PTO is built up by your time there and shared with sick leave and vacation, they are not separate. The whole country is in a state of panic and people still need to survive if something happens. I wish that Vivint Solar would show more appreciation to their employees.

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the culture at Vivint Solar, management is amazing and everyone here has each other’s back.

Cons

None, I have loved working here.

"Awesome Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide all the tools to be successful in role and treat everyone like family.

Cons

Should have applied sooner with Vivint Solar and share more time with them.

4. "More than a company...More like a Family"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vivint Solar cares about its employees. When I was in a horrible car accident. Vivint was there to help me get through this situation. They have stayed by my side while my daughter fights through a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). They found a position for me while I was needing to be closer to home and allowed me to move up the ladder even though this situation halted me for a few weeks. Vivint solar cares about the employees. Vivint may lose site of customer satisfaction, but will quickly get back to focusing on the customer.

Cons

Work load sometimes interferes with customer focus. The customer should always be the main focus with every decision made. We get so caught up in quota, that the job is the focus and not customer satisfaction.

5. "AWESOME COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for less than a year

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Vivint Solar. Is I write this review it is my last day here and I am genuinely sad to leave. I was happy here and not looking for a new job but a past employer reached out with an opportunity I couldnt turn down or I would happily stay at Vivint Solar. Strongly recommend to anyone considering a position here.

Cons

The food isnt always the best but still good

6. "Best Career Ever"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Quality Assurance in Remote, OR

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vivint Solar has provided me with the singular best career experience I have ever had. The trajectory I have followed with Vivint has been nothing short of life changing, built on mutual trust and willingness to have been granted and accepted more responsibility. Managing the Quality program since its inception has provided me the opportunity of a lifetime. The standards we have set within Vivint has created the litmus with which all other solar companies hope to achieve. Our mission statement, core values, and culture are among the best in any company and coupled with the growth of the industry I feel Vivint offers the best opportunity for employment that any blue or white collar person could wish for.

Cons

I have no cons... You get what you put in.

7. "Its okay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the good things about Vivint solar is we get free lunch and are

Cons

The only bad thing about working for Vivint is we dont get very good PTO hours, we basically only thing 3 hours for every two weeks, and most work places offer at least 4 or 5 hours of PTO.

Continue reading
  8. "Great people, great company"

Current Employee - Manager - Projects in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vivint Solar is a great company. The people I work with make this a great experience. The unlimited paid time off and free lunches a huge plus. Vivint Solar seems open to feedback and my first year here has been a good move.

Cons

There are not many cons. Because it is a newer company and industry, it feels like a startup and we are inventing processes. This means it can feel chaotic at times.

"Great company that feels like family"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicopee, MA

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time

Pros

I started at Vivint Solar in 2014 and worked in MA, CA, and UT. I left them in March of 2018 and only then realized just how unique their culture is. I came back in February of 2019. It really feels like family and they are really good at making the job fun. I have won all sorts of cool things from love sacs to drones. The pay is competitive with everyone else and the new residual pay is actually pretty ingenious. On the selling side, it helps the salesman keep high volume and provides some security in pay with a 100% commission job. On the company side, it helps the company with their cash flow cycle and other metrics important to shareholders. So both side benefits from it.

Cons

Vivint is a high volume company, which means that they have problems that occur from that scale. It has slowly gotten better over the years but to summarize: Sometimes there is an excessive amount of corporate red tape, I have had some accounts with close to 100 emails back and forth between different departments trying to resolve an issue. Basically, if an account needs anything unique, it will get stuck because the agents at corp are not empowered to move it forward.

Continue reading

"Leadership development is the key to finding the future of Vivint Solar."

Current Employee - Sales in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The district managers at Vivint Solar will help you develop your leadership skills and help you to reach your true potential. Culturally, the company is all about togetherness.

Cons

You will have to make sacrifices to make it work.

Found 66 reviews