Vitamin T Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.7
Vitamin T CEO John Chuang
John Chuang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Also, the work/life balance is really fantastic" (in 24 reviews)

• "The agency really supports the talent providing great benefits and great resources that allows talent to develop and hone their skills" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "In my experience so far I have no cons" (in 10 reviews)

• "Can't think of any; my experience was very positive, albeit very short, as I was quickly converted from a contract to full-time hire" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing work-life balance, incredible benefits + education fund, tons of support and training from senior leaders

Cons

The company changes their strategy too often

Advice to Management

When planning to make a strategic shift, talk to the salespeople and recruiters first to get their ideas. Explain what your goal is, and find a way to work together with the team to reach it.

27 Jun, 2018 – President

THANK YOU for your review! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I completely agree with you that we can do a better job of involving our agents and sales teams in strategy, which (as I... More

"Graphic Designer"

I worked at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

They are a good tool as a link with other companies in the field. They know people in most of every company in the design industry.

Cons

Lack of professionalism in some of the staff members. Many times they told me they had a job for me, but one day before they cancelled. Also, all the contracts they had for me were for a few days only.

Advice to Management

As an example, I had a 3 week-contract with a company and neither the company or Vitamin T had the decency to tell me the contract was over before the last day. It looked there was a poor communication between both companies.

Another situation was that I wanted to apply to a job that was perfect for me and they did not let me to do so. I was very convinced I was perfect for the role they were offering and they didn't give me a change to apply. According to them they had the the right candidate for this client. The funny part is that months later I saw the same job available...

17 Aug, 2017 – President

Hello there! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm sorry you've had a less than excellent experience with us. To improve, I'd love to understand better what happened, so if you don't mind... More

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

If you are prepared to work hard and focus on growth this is a great Company that will reward your efforts. You can really drive your own destiny, career and your results are very visible without politics. This is a very supportive environment for talent that are willing to give their all surrounded by smart, great people that care about what they do.

Cons

The structure has been very flat in the past which has been challenging however that is now changing.

Advice to Management

Keep going on the path that has been identified for growth. The Company, culture and staff have a lot to offer the staffing industry and clients. This still feels like a start up with a lot of flexibility with the backing of a large Corporate. The best of both worlds - your voice is heard.

15 Jun, 2016 – President

So glad you feel that way :) I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm also proud we've been creating more leadership opportunities as we grow. If there are other things we can do to improve... More

"good launch pad for new grads"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent/Sales in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent/Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

friendly and young team
    good benefits (health and dental)
    great location
    you get to go to Boston for training

Cons

strange way of promoting people -- doesn't seem to have anything to do with skills and has caused a huge decrease in employee morale
    high turnover
    unrealistic expectations and goals
    other than keeping your job the "goals" lack any incentive - there's hardly a bonus which you only receive quarterly
    no growth opportunities

Advice to Management

if you don't have qualified people to promote from within, then don't promote anyone

train new people right away, not 6 months into their job

"Great management!"

Current Employee - Talent Agent in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Talent Agent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

Young - vibrant culture
    Innovative approach
    Not your typical staffing agency
    Opportunity for travel and cross lateral growth

Cons

No growth opportunities - very flat structure
    A lot of pressure from a sales perspective at times
    High turn over - I understand this has gotten better over the last two years

Advice to Management

Play on the strengths of your employees - recognize the high performers and let go of the ones that take advantage of the flexibility that the company offers.
    Pay your employees more!

"Non stop."

Pros

People. Opportunity. Travel. Pay. Benefits

Cons

Change and no stability. Lack of management.

Advice to Management

Trust employees

"WOWed but the support and team collaboration"

Current Employee - Direct Hire Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Direct Hire Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the support and collaboration of the team is endless. i have never felt so connected to a team that is completely remote. everyone is in it 100% and the motivation, success, and support is contagious. work-life balance is amazing!

Cons

none that i can think of as a con...just some growing pains but the pains are all positives.

Advice to Management

keep the motivation and connectivity strong! I love how open we can all be and how management is extremely open to ideas/thoughts/changes in order to better the team and each individual.

25 Oct, 2018 – President

Love this! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm so glad you're having a great experience her - though I'm not surprised given how awesome our NY team is! If you think of things we can do... More

"Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office space is great, the management go above and beyond to be helpful, we're provided with awesome Macs and fantastic tech support, and every step along the way I've felt supported and comfortable . Also, the work/life balance is really fantastic. I truly look forward to coming into work every day.

Cons

We need more conference rooms and spaces for small teams to sit together!

Advice to Management

A few weeks after I started working at Vitamin T the president of the company Susie Hall came and met with our team and work out of our office for a few days. She answered all of our questions and helped work with all of us to make our VT team grow and become mightier.
        Keep doing what you're doing. I love working here and I'm so glad I'm able to be a part of the Vitamin T family.

8 Oct, 2018 – President

EXCELLENT NEWS! This is that very same Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I really enjoyed sitting with your team and am thankful that you found it helpful :) I know that rooms are at a premium... More

"Hitting the 1 year mark at the end of this month!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting pinged from Glassdoor to write a review....yes sir!

I am almost at the 1 year mark, and I could not be more proud to work at VitaminT.

Upon coming to this company I wanted to use my skill set to grow as a professional, but also see the company grow in revenue and expand in its market. Along the way we built new processes based on the initiatives that leadership has taken, and in return I have received so much more.

Some of this includes:
    1 - Opportunities to expand accounts
    2- Opportunities to help others in multiple divisions break into accounts.
    3- Champion the technology platform (which I believe is a true game changer in the industry).
    4- Work in collaborative teams with Product, Ops, Management, Marketing etc.
    5- Solve awesome complex company problems!

I can clearly say that this has been the best experience I have had at a company, therefore continue to invest in it. It's really what you make of it. You will be pushed to the limit, and motivated to go outside the box and do it some more.

If you are considering joining the company, now is the time to do it. At the moment we are having an amazing expansion in technology, creative, and marketshare space. Exciting times to be at VT.

Cons

I think I am a bias reviewer, because I see a lot of positive here.

I do acknowledge that many have left because of the changing landscape of the company. From BDM's to AD's is a tough transition for many, and as we move forward there will probably be significantly more changes. But what this really means is that we have the opportunity to be more strategic. Use that to your advantage.

With this in mind, stay focused!!! Find a formula or ask for someone's and succeed with it. The people who are completely invested in the company seem to succeed continuously. They have brought in many experts from the field to really take the company to the next level. After a recent trip to Boston I realized that people on top are making the right calls, and are very knowledgeable. I was inspired at headquarters by the amount of bright people in the room. It instilled more trust at the company for me.

Advice to Management

There was one time when someone from the C-suite came to our market, sat us down and explained some of the issues that the company was facing concerning turn over. I was blown away by the humility, and inspired to help solve the strategic problems the company was going through.

With that said; continue to lead by example. Continue to inspire others to rise up. Continue to focus on the "Blue Ocean" that we are all seeking for. We finally have the right people and strategy that will lead us to success.

30 Sep, 2018 – President

Thank you so much for your review! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and as you know I treasure every bit of feedback we can get to improve. I KNOW our Blue Ocean is out there, and I... More

"Still Traumatized"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Good location. Snacks. Dress code.

Cons

This was literally the worst job I've ever had in my entire career. The positive reviews on here are absolute lies. Suzy asks everyone to write these positive reviews to increase their overall score on Glassdoor and it's just so pathetic.

They want to seem like they are this cool, amazing company but that is far from the truth. It's a revolving door and that's why they have such high turnover. Vitamin T is known in the industry for being a horrible place to work and that's the reputation they created for themselves.

They micromanage like no other company I've ever worked for. I literally had my manager listen to all my calls while I was on them. Everyone in the office walked on pins and needles. It was such a toxic environment.

Do yourself a favor, read through the negative reviews. Those are the real ones from real employees that worked there who can give you some perspective. I read them and they were all 100% true. I wish I had someone tell me what this place was really like before I accepted the job. Absolute nightmare is the only way to describe it.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with experience leading teams. Trust the people that you hired are smart and capable of doing their job. Stop with the micromanaging. Treat your employees with some respect.

Also, Suzy stop with your fake responses to the negative reviews on Glassdoor you aren't fooling anyone. You know exactly what's going on and sit there and do nothing.

25 Oct, 2018 – President

I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I wish we could have spoken before you moved on. I've stayed here for over 19 years because I... More