Vitamin T Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 28, 2019

4.7
Vitamin T CEO John Chuang
John Chuang
Pros
  • "Also, the work/life balance is really fantastic(in 24 reviews)

• "Found a job posting on the VitaminT site and George had me working in less than 2 weeks for an awesome company that has potential for full time work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "In my experience so far I have no cons(in 10 reviews)

• "Aquent attracts a lot of highly skilled talent(in 8 reviews)

1. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing work-life balance, incredible benefits + education fund, tons of support and training from senior leaders

Cons

The company changes their strategy too often

Advice to Management

When planning to make a strategic shift, talk to the salespeople and recruiters first to get their ideas. Explain what your goal is, and find a way to work together with the team to reach it.

Vitamin T2018-06-26

"Graphic Designer"

I worked at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

They are a good tool as a link with other companies in the field. They know people in most of every company in the design industry.

Cons

Lack of professionalism in some of the staff members. Many times they told me they had a job for me, but one day before they cancelled. Also, all the contracts they had for me were for a few days only.

Advice to Management

As an example, I had a 3 week-contract with a company and neither the company or Vitamin T had the decency to tell me the contract was over before the last day. It looked there was a poor communication between both companies. Another situation was that I wanted to apply to a job that was perfect for me and they did not let me to do so. I was very convinced I was perfect for the role they were offering and they... didn't give me a change to apply. According to them they had the the right candidate for this client. The funny part is that months later I saw the same job available...

Vitamin T2017-08-14

"Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

If you are prepared to work hard and focus on growth this is a great Company that will reward your efforts. You can really drive your own destiny, career and your results are very visible without politics. This is a very supportive environment for talent that are willing to give their all surrounded by smart, great people that care about what they do.

Cons

The structure has been very flat in the past which has been challenging however that is now changing.

Advice to Management

Keep going on the path that has been identified for growth. The Company, culture and staff have a lot to offer the staffing industry and clients. This still feels like a start up with a lot of flexibility with the backing of a large Corporate. The best of both worlds - your voice is heard.

Vitamin T2016-02-09

"Great management!"

Current Employee - Talent Agent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

Young - vibrant culture Innovative approach Not your typical staffing agency Opportunity for travel and cross lateral growth

Cons

No growth opportunities - very flat structure A lot of pressure from a sales perspective at times High turn over - I understand this has gotten better over the last two years

Advice to Management

Play on the strengths of your employees - recognize the high performers and let go of the ones that take advantage of the flexibility that the company offers. Pay your employees more!

Vitamin T2014-07-08

"Non stop."

I worked at Vitamin T

Pros

People. Opportunity. Travel. Pay. Benefits

Cons

Change and no stability. Lack of management.

Advice to Management

Trust employees

Vitamin T2014-05-07
  6. "Glad to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Detailed onboarding and ramp up program. Strong leadership with clear, defined vision and a focus on growing their internal talent both professionally and personally. Internal values reflect positively on outside clients. Immense support and guidance.

Cons

Nothing of concern so far in the first 60 days.

Advice to Management

Clearer delineation between divisions.

Vitamin T2019-10-28
  7. "LOVE working at Vitamin T!"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands-on training, work/life balance made a priority, modern approach, cool mid-city office, and most importantly the team is wonderful!

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

Vitamin T2019-09-20
  8. "Awesome company - flexibility!"

Former Employee - Talent Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at Vitamin T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility for as needed work remote; manage own book/business

Cons

Company has a "try anything once" attitude and business model but sometimes lacks follow-through on the things that should stick.

Vitamin T2019-08-19
  9. "Great company, full transparency"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

positive culture, collaborative, great perks!

Cons

Need to be able to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment!

Vitamin T2019-02-23

"Working at VT"

I worked at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

The culture is definitely great, and the leadership team, at least from what I experienced, really does take an interest and try to help you succeed. They provide amazing benefits to all employees, and it's not a bad place to be.

Cons

The caveat to my pros is this: your experience is really going to depend on the market you are in. If you are located in a thriving market with a big team, you will likely love your experience at VT. If you land in a small market, where this isn't much of an established team, then it will be a very lonely and, frankly, boring experience. Though the leadership team tries to help, they aren't really able to dedicate... the time to someone in a small market, as much as they would to a team in a big market - obviously because the big market is generating way more revenue and has much more potential. You'll pretty much get thrown into the deep end with minimal training, and have to figure things out on your own. While there is an element of ambiguity in any job, in this role it just made for an overall unpleasant experience, that even a great manager couldn't make up for. Everyone kept saying they cared and wanted to help, but at the end of the day, it mostly felt like lip-service. I experienced way too much upheaval and change during my tenure that was handled poorly and it made it difficult to enjoy the work or stay. Additionally, the off-boarding process is incredibly disorganized and could be better, for example: ensuring an exit interview is completed prior to an employee leaving the company.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people in small markets the way you take care of teams in big markets. Give those team members similar attention, training, and kudos when they do well. Don't expect to drop them in and then let them flounder until they are forced to leave. The people in smaller markets rely on everyone else helping them to succeed, and giving them props when they do, since they likely don't have a team rooting for... them. Work on not making those folks feel isolated, otherwise these markets will continue to experience turnover.

Vitamin T2019-01-03