Vista Sand Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 25 August, 2017

4.1
Marty Robertson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Vista Sand full-time

Pros

Wages, family oriented, caring employees, GREAT incentives and benefits. Never have I worked somewhere that was as more employee focused.

Cons

Not to many cons, really fast paced due to expansion. Sink or swim, not really a bad thing but it can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and growth.

2. "Great Ownership with Sr. Management Focused on Results"

Pros

Vista Sand has great ownership, decent benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and the company is well positioned in an ever-changing oil and gas industry.

Cons

Vista Sand is a large player in the oil and gas industry, and due to the volatility in the market, operations and resources ebb and flow with commodity prices.

3. "Outstanding place"

Pros

Benefits, pay, equipment and hours

Cons

Lack of advancement
    Work hours
    No family life

Advice to Management

Give advancement opportunities!

5. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granbury, TX (US)

Pros

Vista is a growing company that provides opportunities to be a valued team member and make significant contributions. The people are awesome – every single one! As with any organization, there are different personalities and styles but that’s what makes every day challenging, fun and engaging. The upside is they are growing, even during an oil and gas downturn.

Cons

Naturally, a growing company has growing pains. But I've noticed Vista is making great efforts in employee communications and making relevant changes. Employee development is increasing but needs to become a priority across the business.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and making changes!

6. "Growing fast and not well"

Current Employee - Operator in Granbury, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Operator in Granbury, TX (US)

I have been working at Vista Sand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It used to be the fact that the management cared and you were rewarded for your efforts.

Cons

Management is disconnected from the crew and think they are better than you.

Advice to Management

Talk to employees and listen to their ideas and complaints

Vista Sand Response

17 Sep, 2015 – Employer Engagement Consultant

Your input is very important to guide leadership in creating a supportive and caring culture. Thank you for this.

The management team has discussed the feedback about the perception that we are... More

7. "Great comp, work hard play hard culture, but no communication from management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granbury, TX (US)

I have been working at Vista Sand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The bonus program is awesome. Hourly workers even get a bonus. And the business seems to be doing great. Young group overall- lots of families. Company events like 4th of July picnic WITH fireworks show

Cons

As company has grown, promises of advancement have gone away. Lots of new managers and supervisors with 'experience'. Friendly environment is gone. Management is cold and harsh.
    Good people who worked hard for company are leaving though not being pushed out or fired. Senior management has ballooned and is disconnected from the guys on the ground.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the guys on the ground that built this company. Treat them like human beings again. We used to have a close relationship with management and ownership. Now you're not allowed to talk to anyone outside your area. Talk with us, not down to us.

Vista Sand Response

17 Sep, 2015 – Employer Engagement Consultant

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate your candor on these important issues.

We are all very blessed to be working with a family-oriented company that is doing well during these difficult... More