Visions Electronics Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 7, 2018

3.2
Visions Electronics Owner Rick Stewart  (no image)
Rick Stewart
Pros
  • "Lots of staff have worked there a long time, great people(in 5 reviews)

• "Flexible hours , you get to play with all the new technology(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Head office does not deal with issues at individual store levels(in 4 reviews)

• "Crappy pay, Oblivious boss, Extremely long hours(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Entrepreneurial work environment for the hard worker."

5.0
    Current Employee - Car Install Manager in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Visions Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay structure, open minded mentality, great people to work with, 100% Canadian. Visions Electronics is definitely a place only for the hard worker if you want to be successful. Which is perfect for me because you get rewarded immediately for hard work. In a capitalist society it makes perfect sense (you get rewarded for what you do). The people at my store are great, everyone is focused on giving a great customer experience and we all have fun doing it. I like this company because it isn't "top heavy" upper management wise and when need changes need to be done, they really do listen. The company is very people oriented because it understands it's the people in the store that make the business successful.

Cons

Pay fluctuates during the year (commision based). You also have to put a lot of time in, just as if it were your own business.

2. "Awful no structure"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Visions Electronics part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible shifts. Lots of staff have worked there a long time, great people

Cons

-Awful pay, worked for the company for 5 years and only had a 0.50 cent increase. Even new workers got paid more than me. -No structure in the business. -No equal opportunities. -There's favoritism. -Manager's didn't do anything but delegate to the point that they just stay on the phone and talk to friends while salespeople work their lives off. ( of course this is different for each store ) , they also take 2 hours break. - Don't care about employees.

3. "Support staff woes"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Calgary, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Visions Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I do work with great people, and the employee pricing makes it tough not to spend half my paycheck there!

Cons

For operations, there's nowhere to go unless you start at the very bottom. Sales staff can eventually make it to management and are treated like gold (as long as they sell). Salary is also capped at below industry standard. Tough to make a living.

Continue reading
  4. "The worst three years of my working life"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Visions Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, overall. Support staff tries to be supportive, and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

With the managers there, their job is to placate to their bosses who are on Mount Olympus. You address your concerns to them, but it feels like they are on deaf ears, as they are inflexible to change. On pricing: it can be negotiated, but to the point they want you to go as low as you can to close the deal, but they harp on you for low gross profit numbers. Granted you want to be compete with your rival retailers for pricing, but your ceiling should be your retail pricing, not your sales pricing. Compete with others in terms of technology: only on their bread and butter, Home Audio and Video. Nothing else. They have no computer department, as notebooks are the only "computer" thing they really sell. Because of the vacuum left by a retailer that closed shop in the area, they could have picked up the slack, and filled in that hole, but they're short sighted on that aspect. Before I left, it was an old boy's club. If you didn't work a particular manager back in the day, you weren't handpicked to be a manager at another location, when there is a spot open.

Continue reading
  5. "A great place to work if you enjoy learning all of your role responsibilities by yourself."

I worked at Visions Electronics

Pros

The other staff, company-wide. Being in the warehouse, doing service and warranty, it really is a plus when you speak to and work alongside with great people. The monthly bonuses are also a great incentive.

Cons

The training is very minimal. A lot of the job is learning on your feet. I did not ever receive a performance review. To get a well-deserved raise was like pulling teeth. Management was not very hands-on, from GM to DM.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews