Vision Critical Reviews

3.6
Vision Critical CEO Ross Wainwright
Ross Wainwright
  1. Featured Review

"Dynamic work environment with opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Vision Critical I've had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of experienced and talented sales professionals. These colleagues and managers have been instrumental in helping me launch my career in business development, providing the resources, education, and encouragement I've needed to succeed. This company empowers its BDRs to learn and grow on an ongoing basis, offering comprehensive sales training and one-on-one coaching, while pushing us to take on additional responsibilities and gain exposure to all stages of the sales cycle. The BD organization upholds a culture of information-sharing and collaboration making for a productive and friendly work environment. As a BDR I'm given the support I require to excel at my job while enjoying the autonomy and discretion to experiment with creative approaches to prospecting on my own. It's this combination of flexibility and assistance (when needed) that I really appreciate.

Cons

Things can change quickly around here as the company responds to new developments in the industry. This is great for people who are adaptable and open to continuous learning, but may not be a good fit for those uncomfortable with ambiguity.

Vision Critical2020-03-03
  2. "Exciting future and growth!"

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time

Pros

Colleagues, Work/Life Balance, Growth Prospects

Cons

Can't think of anything at this moment

Vision Critical2020-04-25
  3. "Nice place"

Former Employee - Software Development Co-op in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Vision Critical full-time

Pros

The people there are super friendly and always helpful towards co-ops.

Cons

I don't find any particular cons of VC

Vision Critical2020-03-29
  4. "Exciting time to be at VC"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

VC is the first company I've worked for where I feel truly seen and valued for my work. I am provided with opportunities to grow myself and my career here. It was here that I went from having a job to a career, and a career to a passion. I work with amazing, talented, trustworthy peers and leaders. The culture is one of work hard, play hard, and support each other every step of the way. To quote our leaders, "Family first and VC Family second". I wholeheartedly believe in what we do. We give people a voice in the companies, brands, institutions, etc, they interact with every day to help inform those businesses decisions on the products and services which impact their customers. In a way, our technology helps make the world better little by little. It's a particularly exciting time to work here with new, invigorating leadership, exciting innovation coming out of the product teams, and the continued opportunities to work with exciting brands and verticals around the globe. Even when I have a ton of work and I'm tired from taking care of my family, I wake up excited to go to work every day.

Cons

There is a LOT of change constantly and I think leadership can continue to do a better job of helping everyone understand where we were, where we're going and why. Sometimes we talk about transparency more than actually being transparent. Work-life balance can be a challenge. We're understaffed in several areas and while our growth agenda provides a light at the end of that tunnel, it's been challenging to keep up with the workload as long as I have without burning out. Having been an internal hire for my current role, I have felt that some areas of my compensation are under par while other areas are quite generous.

Vision Critical2020-03-02
  5. "Committed to Success"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time

Pros

VC has for a long time, worked extremely hard on finding a path to success for employees. Providing lots of opportunities to work in global offices or within other areas of the business to gain additional skills or bring strong skills to other departments. You will be hard pressed to find someone who’s not willing to lean in and support you and that counts across all functions. With several exciting changes happening all around the business, there are many opportunities for personal growth for all those involved. There’s the saying that the “grass isn’t always greener” and I believe that to be true for the people at VC.

Cons

VC is always adapting and growing. If you don’t like change, then this might not be the place for you.

Vision Critical2020-03-02
  6. "Your success is driven by your output"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time for more than a year

Pros

VC provides you the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the Fortune 500. We are a common name amongst the tech giants in the Valley and therefore have some amazing senior-level advocates of our platform The company truly believes in rewarding its employees and it speaks to the amazingly talented team that supports one another. New leadership is driving a high growth agenda and it can be seen from the product roadmap to an increasing number of opportunities in the sales team Finally, it's a great office location and WeWork space

Cons

The CXM space is heating up and there is a high growth agenda being driven at VC. You will have to be committed to evolving change.

Vision Critical2020-03-03
  7. "Exciting future ahead"

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time

Pros

Strong vision for the future

Cons

It’s been a tumultuous couple of years, but things are turning around with new mgmt

Vision Critical2020-03-03
  8. "An Exciting Future Ahead"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic executive team who are all so passionate and doing the hard work to move the company toward growth and success. With the new leadership and many changes, there's a feeling of excitement coming in to work every day. We all understand clearly exactly where we're headed and how we're going to get there. It's really refreshing.

Cons

With the legacy of a long-running business and some seasoned employees, it can be difficult to move quickly and make changes. It's important for all employees to realize that change is necessary for growth.

Vision Critical2020-03-02
  9. "Lots of opportunity and excitement ahead"

4.0

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time for less than a year

Pros

- employees are welcoming and talented - new leadership changes have brought needed focus for the future - opportunity for growth if you're proactive and show your value

Cons

- change can be exciting and many thrive throughout transitions, but it's not for everyone and that's ok

Vision Critical2020-02-19

Vision Critical Response

March 1, 2020Director, Talent

Thank you for your positive review and for your continued commitment to VC. It is indeed an exciting time and a wonderful journey lies ahead as we continue to learn and grow with our new leadership.

10. "Great place to work with tons of opp to learn and grow!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Up to date tech stack, with intelligent people to maintain them. - Great co workers everyone works together and learns from each other. - Great office culture. - Building an amazing product that helps clients in an incredibly impactful way.

Cons

- Things can change quickly.

Vision Critical2020-01-09

Vision Critical Response

March 1, 2020Director, Talent

Thank you for your positive review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We value our internal talent and will continue our work to create a rewarding employee experience and provide great opportunities to learn and grow. It is a very exciting time for our company and we are delighted that you are on this journey with us.

Found 302 reviews