Vision Critical Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Vision Critical CEO Scott Miller
Scott Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "sometimes hard to maintain work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "Lots of change going on so it's a fast paced environment and one must be ready for that to enjoy the journey" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to make history"

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time

Pros

Vision Critical is reshaping the customer intelligence landscape and has an opportunity to become a major force in the Canadian technology ecosystem. It's a great time to get on board. Vision Critical's CEO has incredible passion, energy and optimism and rallies the troops behind his compelling vision of the future. We have a powerful story to tell and very talented people across sales, marketing and customer success. Everything is coming together across the company and we're poised to achieve lift-off.

Cons

As of today, Vision Critical's product doesn't quite live up to the story we tell, but changes are being made and I'm confident that very soon we'll have the differentiated product we need to win big in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Move faster to get the product to where it needs to be for us to win.

2. "Engineering Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work, great people, no politics, summer time every other friday, half a day, great people , awesome CEO, top of the line technology , great revenue model,

Cons

nothing really comes to mind,

Advice to Management

keep hiring good people,

3. "Awesome"

Pros

Great place to get your feet wet

Cons

Can't think of any right now

4. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Vision Critical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

View from the downtown office

Cons

Long working hours
    Last minute firing

5. "Its okay"

Pros

lax relaxing younger team environment

Cons

hard to start getting good

6. "Good place to learn."

I worked at Vision Critical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of new tech and good practices that can bring your level of expertise very high.

Cons

Company doesn't have a defined course, and rapid changes create uncertainty and feed false values.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities come from lots of change. Great people work at the company.

Cons

Unclear vision but transparency and alignment from top leadership has been refreshing.

8. "Good company to work for but still has a way to go."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has undergone a lot of positive transformations over the years.
    Fun place to work and excellent colleagues.
    Huge improvement on transparency.

Cons

company can sometimes lack direction and communication between teams could be better.
    sometimes hard to maintain work life balance.

9. "I left because I was headhunted, but VC is quite fine..."

Former Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Vision Critical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate reboot is an exciting time in any company journey Where smart and able people can succeed and gain professional experience unlike anywhere else.
    VC is NOT a research organization anymore, it is a vendor of a research platform empowering leading organizations who are adopting customer centric methods as part of their core business process, eg. riding huge market momentum.
    These organizations have researchers who need to use technology to be able to extract the information from their customers and use it in other systems and processes AT THE SPEED of digital business.
    This market dynamic is upending the traditional research agency motions and offering a huge market opportunity for VC's community centric model.
    A new tier of leadership, who can do what they actually talk about has joined across all the key areas to make VC a real SaaS company. For me, how these managers supported me with real knowledge and clarity, contrasting with prior ones, was the thing that kept me here so long.
    These new managers have shown how wide a chasm others at the company had to cross, but also have show how resourceful and willing most of the VC team has been as they figured out how to do this with wide open minds.
    It was inspiring to see the commitment and drive in so many people to leave their comfort zone!
    Will miss the team!!!

Cons

Morale in "classic" employees is a drag. There are factions in the business who want to keep things as they were.
    People who built little lifestyle empires based on their ability to hit their goals and claim success but missed that their goal achievement had no discernible impact on the business.
    Many of these folks are popular in their areas and are rejecting the transformation.
    They do this in action and background noise but very rarely face to face, hitting the overall morale hard. They should leave and get on with their careers. These people were the main reason I left, I wanted to be in a similar growth environment but without the noise and the opportunity I was offered took me to a different market that I am more familiar with.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. You are in an ends justifying the means business, the right people will stay, the wrong will go. The ultimate judge is Mr. & Ms. Market.

"Cant reveal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vision Critical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big kitchen and free coffee to drink

Cons

Pathetic work culture, management only cares about their own success. They can crush the employees under them to achieve personal success. One of my VPs also threw a dart at me in the meeting room to intimidate me.

Advice to Management

Be leaders so that people respect you.

Vision Critical Response

23 Nov, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are alarmed by the actions described in your review and would encourage you to come forward to myself or someone else on the Human Resources team... More