Virgin Atlantic Airways Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.8
Virgin Atlantic Airways CEO Shai Weiss
Shai Weiss
Pros
Cons
  • "unconscious bias alive and kicking in the airline(in 15 reviews)

• "I decided to leave Virgin Atlantic for many reasons, but mostly because I felt undervalued and ignored by cabin crew management(in 7 reviews)

1. "Best spa job I've ever had"

Current Employee - SPA Therapist in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits of flights, Virgin Group and some passengers tip you,

Cons

Short treatments so alot of massage and most people want deep tissue

Advice to Management

Over the shirt massage should be a maximum of 15 mins. Aromatherapy massage should be the 30-60 min option

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-08-01
  2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture Good employee benefits and flexibility

Cons

Somewhat unstructured at times IT systems a bit old

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-30

"Great company"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew and Ground Staff in London, England

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time

Pros

Culture, people and passion. As well as the perks of being able to obtain staff discount on flights to travel the world and engage with the diverse culture of the world.

Cons

Always need to be top of customer services

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-22
  4. "Advertise as the best, far from the truth."

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in London, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The chance to travel much of the World. Discount on flights, holidays & other retailer's goods. If you want to travel, meet people & experience different cultures & have the opportunity to try experiences away from the normal 9-5 then this may be for you.

Cons

Poor wage for Cabin crew. Little chance of promotion. Bullying culture which is fed from management down & getting worse. Not allowed to voice opinions, those that do often face disciplinary action.

Advice to Management

Address the bullying culture both onboard & office based. Allow your staff to make sensible business suggestions without fear of reprisals. Look at your pay structure. Value your customer facing staff & reward them appropriately.

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-08-18

"An absolute pleasure so far..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since joining I have had a fantastic experience, 3 months in and Virgin Atlantic is absolutely living up to my expectations. I returned straight from maternity leave and my manager has allowed me the space and flexibility as I transitioned into the new world of balancing being a working mummy. The benefits are fantastic, with the recent new introduction of Eve Benefits, employees have even greater flexibility showing...

Cons

There definitely aren't many- 6 months probation seems like a very long time. Whilst food and coffee on site is good- I feel it should be more subsidised.

Advice to Management

Our HR People Leadership are very informative, informal and welcoming- keep doing what you are doing!

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-03
  6. "Great"

Current Employee - Airline Pilot in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome people and culture. I've been here almost 7 years and love every moment.

Cons

Jetlag is hard, but the company make it worthwhile.

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-07

"Great brand values held together by wonderful staff"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Team Manager in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great perks, a feeling of being part of an iconic brand,

Cons

Low pay, challenging rosters across 24/7, poor communication both central and local and slowly improving IT

Advice to Management

HR to do all recruitment, exit interviews, drill down on engagement surveys, you'll be surprised at what goes on locally.

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-18
  8. "Fab job, great lifestyle"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people, Travel destinations, Flight consessions

Cons

Pay, Constant changes, no delay pay

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-05
  9. "Nowhere can be perfect, but VA is a great place to work in comparison."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time

Pros

Great culture that is promoted and genuinely felt cared for. I was working on new technology (in comparison with other places I've worked), quite exciting. Seriously promoting Agile/Scrum working alongside DevOps... exciting stuff. In house training and culture without the feeling of being inadequate. Good working culture with flexibility and good managers who understood work life balance and family. Overall, lovely...

Cons

Location isn't well served for taking a train and buses aren't cheap. Pay isn't as good as other places but the benefits and work culture kind of make up for it. Can be a little bit too rigid in working within their own process and methodology. Could potentially be stuck on one project for a while so lack of variety. But the culture encourages you to speak up and request some variety. Sometimes there are long hours...

Advice to Management

Overall felt my management were really quite cool.

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-06-24
  10. "Great job, not so great pay."

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in London, England

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great perks (staff travel, private medical insurance and range of other benefits you can choose from) - Travel - Roster flexibility - Fun, friendly and approachable colleagues

Cons

- Pay - Allowances to spend while away have reduced - Slow progression, not much movement between ranks

Advice to Management

Invest more into cabin crew pay

Virgin Atlantic Airways2019-07-03