VinSolutions Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2021

4.4
VinSolutions VP of Operations Tracy Fred
Tracy Fred
Pros
  • "Great benefits, great pay, great environment(in 23 reviews)

• "VinSolutions provides a fun, competitive work environment where high performers are rewarded with high compensation(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Vin needs to be better about managing bad hires out of the organization(in 9 reviews)

• "Upper Management doesn't level with employees about uncomfortable changes in the pipeline(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent Pay and Benefits and Industry Leading Automotive CRM

Cons

Extensive Travel which could be a pro depending on where you are in life.

March 11, 2021Vice President & General Manager

It means so much when people have good things to say about Cox. I really value the time you took to write this review!

2. "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great product, Great place, Great people!

Cons

Would like to get back in the office to see everyone

March 11, 2021Vice President & General Manager

I love your positivity!! And I agree that we have all of those things here at VinSolutions! I love knowing that our Team Members remain optimistic, even with everything that has been thrown at us in the past year. Believe me, I want nothing more than to be back in the office enjoying the company of Team Members. As you know, Cox has all of our best interests at heart and will continue to follow the CDC guidelines – but I hope we get to see each other soon. Thank you for maintaining your outstanding positive outlook as we navigate these rough times.

3. "High Standards"

Former Employee - Performance Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at VinSolutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good leadership team. They care about your growth and coaching their team members when needed. Work remotely and travel when needed to different parts of the country.

Cons

Training program at the time required you live and train in MO at Vin HQ for 8 weeks. No remote training at the time.

March 25, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your positive review. I have to agree that we have a top notch leadership team here at VinSolutions. In regards to our Performance Management training program, we do our best to set expectations around our extensive program during the interview process. Making sure our team members have the best training is critical to their success. Over the past year, we have challenged ourselves to be more virtual and recently we have pivoted to 100% virtual training.

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Product Trainer II

I worked at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They fulfill their side of the deal. You know what is expected of you, if you do a good job, they take care of you in return. Also, great spirit of teamwork in this place.

Cons

The new standards for promotion have become tediously laborious and overly rigid. It is pretty clear that upper management wanted to employ the same skill levels but pay less for it overall.

February 1, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Like you, I also appreciate the benefits and rewards Cox provides our Team Members, and I believe these are a reflection of the way the Cox family values our Team Members. Cox invests heavily in Team Member’s development and part of this is the work to ensure the path to promotion is clear, consistent and fair. One of the primary initiatives has been to establish Career Architecture, which does provide a structure/framework for the promotion process. I suppose you’re right that it is more rigid than how we have done things in the past, but the upside of this is there’s a clear path to promotion, which gives Team Members more control in understanding how to advance themselves along the path. Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you success with your future career ventures.

5. "Great People"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Passionate people supporting an exceptional product

Cons

I really can't think of any

April 28, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review! We love our positive team members. I am so glad that you feel supported and are proud of the work you do!

6. "VinSolutions is a great Company to be apart of."

Current Employee - Technical Client Service Representative II in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture, that I am thrilled to be a part of.

Cons

Like any job there can be stressful times, but management is typically very understanding and supportive when these occur.

January 25, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad that you enjoy the culture Cox and VinSolutions provides our team members. It is extremely important that team members feel valued and appreciated. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your thoughts!

7. "Support experience was once great, now so-so."

Current Employee - Technical Support in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits, great time off allotment, flexible, accommodating

Cons

Workload steadily increasing, less upward mobility than there used to be, Support culture used to be great- slowly being diminished.

February 16, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Team Member feedback is extremely important to VinSolutions, as it provides the leadership an insight on things that can be done better. I appreciate that you took the time to provide an outlook on your role in Support. As we continue to experience growth in our business, a byproduct of this growth is additional work. In turn, we work together to take on and balance the work load. One of our primary jobs is to ensure that our Team Members feel supported in their roles and this is accomplished through an open and honest relationship between our Team Members and leadership. We recently expanded the workforce in response to the recent increase of Support tasks. I’m disappointed to hear that you felt the culture of the Support Team was diminishing as historically this has been known as one of our most carefree and cheerful teams here at Vin. It is extremely important to maintain that strong culture that we are so accustomed to. I admit that this has been difficult with the current remote working requirements, but we are working on ways to improve. For example, the team is focused on placing more emphasis on virtual events and contests with employees. Feel free to provide ideas on how to make this a more fun culture and promote bridging the line of communication. Again, I appreciate your feedback and wish you success!

8. "Great place, people, benefits"

Former Employee - MOAT SERVICE AGENT in Lenexa, KS

I worked at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

Pay, bonuses, gifts, coworkers are like family

Cons

Layoffs, MGMT giving different directions.

January 25, 2021Vice President & General Manager

We greatly appreciate the time you took to provide an honest recap on your time at VinSolutions. I also value the “family feel” our team members have here. It is so important to maintain great relationships within our teams to heighten communication and help create a happy and healthy workplace. Unfortunately, in the current state of our world we have been forced to make some transitions and tough decisions on how to move the business forward. It is disappointing to hear that you felt the management teams were not cohesive and I agree that leadership requires consistency. We will strive to make this a priority as we push forward.

9. "best"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

good company, friendly teammate, good enviroment

Cons

haven't met any bad cons

March 11, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your positive review! I am so glad that you are enjoying your time here with us at VinSolutions. I have to agree that we have a pretty amazing environment of people.

10. "Good benefits good pay"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work remote, traveling, make your own schedule

Cons

Bus driving environment, too many pass the buck

February 16, 2021Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you were satisfied with the generous benefits packages and compensation that Cox provides their team members. Although working remote has been a new move for most of our team members, it is comforting to know that most have been able to adapt to the change and continue to be successful in their roles. It is disappointing to hear that you felt there were issues with shifting responsibility as accountability is a primary area of focus for the Performance Management team. They have had many compliments in regards to creating an environment of being open, honest and direct and not placing blaming others. These values are also highly promoted throughout the Cox brand. Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you success in your future ventures.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 204 Reviews