VinSolutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.5
VinSolutions Sr. Vice President and General Manager Lori Wittman
Lori Wittman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are also great benefits and training" (in 20 reviews)

• "NOT a publicly traded company (private ownership Cox Automotive)" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "You do need to be mindful of your work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "Cox Automotive has so many companies that it re-aligns and changes things often" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Consultant in Mission, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Consultant in Mission, KS (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is absolutely amazing! The feel of a close-knit startup, with the backing of a multi-billion dollar corporation. The culture is incredible. They're continually rewarding hard-work & making sure to clear paths for those who truly want to excel & grow.

I feel proud to know that I'm actually selling a product that I whole-heartedly believe in. We take incredible care of our dealers & make sure to live by a totally transparent, customer-centric business model. Our commitment to partner with our dealers for success isn't just hyperbole, it's genuine. We care & our company's growth has proven so.

I honestly cannot see myself at any other company in this industry - If I was to leave VinSolutions/CoxAutomotive, I would leave the Automotive Industry because I couldn't stand working for anyone other than the best.

I'm Vin for life.

Cons

We need more space for parking!

We are hiring too fast to keep up (but that's not really a con) :)

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your staff & setting the standard for high quality performance. One benefit would be a regular "round-table" with sub-management level associates to really discuss the issues/concerns/enhancements/insight that those who are interacting w/our dealers daily in the trenches, can communicate. A lot gets lost in between the levels of hierarchy - direct communication is much more efficient in solving problems.

19 Jun, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for the review. We truly have a great team at VinSolutions! I love your comment about Roundtables and I have not been consistently doing them. Look for consistent ones to be scheduled for... More

2. "Great company! Too many bosses!"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Benefits
    Great team!

Cons

So many bosses, they don’t even agree on chain of command. A lot of finger pointing when stuff hits the fan.

Advice to Management

Communicate more proactively, stop waiting to put out fires

"Great Culture"

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun environment to work in.

Cons

Wish we had more remote capabilities

6 Feb, 2019 – SVP and GM

Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here. I wish you continued success.

4. "The reviews are legit - this is a GREAT place to work."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Mission, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Mission, KS (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and tons of PTO. Relaxed environment. Lots of opportunity for professional growth within the company. Monthly snack allowance or free gym membership - you pick. Nice raises and good yearly bonus. Lots of training resources. This last one may sound silly, but this has not been the case with most places I've worked - unlimited supply to kleenex and office supplies! No more having to buy your own tissues and pens! In my department, we have an exceptional manager.

Cons

You do need to be mindful of your work/life balance. I've caught myself working when I shouldn't frequently. Also, a few of the roles are underpaid from what I've seen - but overall the pay is really good for most departments. The plus on that is that HR recruiters wont waste your time - they'll tell you straight up what the pay for the role is before you get too deep into the interview process.

Advice to Management

Keep on going strong! I've never worked for such a great group of people. I know Vin/Cox is massive, so I'm sure that there are some "yikes" managers in the mix - but in Mission, KS - every manager I have come across thus far is deserving of their leadership role.

6 Feb, 2019 – SVP and GM

I love the positive feedback. Work life balance is very important, I think we all need to be reminded to unplug and focus on being in the moment. I am happy to hear you are experiencing firsthand the... More

"Great Company"

I worked at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

Great company. Great jobs. I wished I still worked for them.

Cons

None at all. Great company.

6 Feb, 2019 – SVP and GM

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. If you are considering returning to Vin, our open jobs can be viewed at https://jobs.coxautoinc.com/

6. "Good benefits"

I worked at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

Management is cool..Benefits are great. relaxed dress code

Cons

PTO AND point system but there are a lot of lazy people who slack

6 Feb, 2019 – SVP and GM

Thank you for your review. We have some tremendous people who work here. It’s disappointing to hear you did not experience a collaborative work environment during your time with us. Thanks for the... More

7. "Performance Manager"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership cares about people, benefits are comprehensive, and the team member support amongst peers is genuine and selfless.

Cons

No cons that management is not fully aware of and is working hard to improve, correct, or invest in to make better. Anyone coming to work here needs to know that it is not perfect but it is much better than most places. If you expect perfection go somewhere else.

6 Feb, 2019 – SVP and GM

Thank you for your feedback! It’s very encouraging to hear your thoughts on leadership. Team member feedback is valuable to understand our biggest gaps. I encourage you to continue to be open, honest... More

8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Associate Regional Sales Manager in Mission, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Regional Sales Manager in Mission, KS (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth potential within the company
    Flexibility with family's schedule
    Weekends and Holidays off
    Great people

Cons

Training and on-boarding was not organized at all when I started about 15 months ago, but from what I understand, they have drastically improved this recently.

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for your review. I love to hear that you are enjoying the wonderful company perks. Our new and improved onboarding approach ensures a consistent experience for all new hires. I wish you... More

"Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

The work environment and leadership is second to none!! The opportunity to grow as a person and employee is encouraged and supported!

Cons

There really is nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Growth and development from within.....always taking care of your team!

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am so proud of what you and the rest of our sales team have accomplished these past few years. Thank you for all you’re doing and keep up the... More

"Happy to work for a great company"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the fact that we know what the goal of our job is, that's to help our dealers sell more cars. I also like that we have the freedom and flexibility to figure out how to best do that without being micro-managed.

Cons

Because I have a home office, it can be easy to work all the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate.

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for the review. I appreciate the efforts of our Performance Management team. Performance Managers ensure our clients are engaged and effectively utilizing our system. These engagements... More