VinSolutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.4
VinSolutions Sr. Vice President and General Manager Lori Wittman
Lori Wittman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "NOT a publicly traded company (private ownership Cox Automotive)" (in 12 reviews)

• "The environment is very laid back in the office without a strict dress code and everyone is allowed and encouraged to be themselves within reason" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stingy than they pretend about work/life balance" (in 5 reviews)

• "Cox Automotive has so many companies that it re-aligns and changes things often" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Consultant in Mission, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Consultant in Mission, KS (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is absolutely amazing! The feel of a close-knit startup, with the backing of a multi-billion dollar corporation. The culture is incredible. They're continually rewarding hard-work & making sure to clear paths for those who truly want to excel & grow.

I feel proud to know that I'm actually selling a product that I whole-heartedly believe in. We take incredible care of our dealers & make sure to live by a totally transparent, customer-centric business model. Our commitment to partner with our dealers for success isn't just hyperbole, it's genuine. We care & our company's growth has proven so.

I honestly cannot see myself at any other company in this industry - If I was to leave VinSolutions/CoxAutomotive, I would leave the Automotive Industry because I couldn't stand working for anyone other than the best.

I'm Vin for life.

Cons

We need more space for parking!

We are hiring too fast to keep up (but that's not really a con) :)

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your staff & setting the standard for high quality performance. One benefit would be a regular "round-table" with sub-management level associates to really discuss the issues/concerns/enhancements/insight that those who are interacting w/our dealers daily in the trenches, can communicate. A lot gets lost in between the levels of hierarchy - direct communication is much more efficient in solving problems.

19 Jun, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for the review. We truly have a great team at VinSolutions! I love your comment about Roundtables and I have not been consistently doing them. Look for consistent ones to be scheduled for... More

2. "Great Company"

I worked at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

Great company. Great jobs. I wished I still worked for them.

Cons

None at all. Great company.

3. "Good benefits"

I worked at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

Management is cool..Benefits are great. relaxed dress code

Cons

PTO AND point system but there are a lot of lazy people who slack

4. "Performance Manager"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership cares about people, benefits are comprehensive, and the team member support amongst peers is genuine and selfless.

Cons

No cons that management is not fully aware of and is working hard to improve, correct, or invest in to make better. Anyone coming to work here needs to know that it is not perfect but it is much better than most places. If you expect perfection go somewhere else.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Associate Regional Sales Manager in Mission, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Regional Sales Manager in Mission, KS (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth potential within the company
    Flexibility with family's schedule
    Weekends and Holidays off
    Great people

Cons

Training and on-boarding was not organized at all when I started about 15 months ago, but from what I understand, they have drastically improved this recently.

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for your review. I love to hear that you are enjoying the wonderful company perks. Our new and improved onboarding approach ensures a consistent experience for all new hires. I wish you... More

"Happy to work for a great company"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the fact that we know what the goal of our job is, that's to help our dealers sell more cars. I also like that we have the freedom and flexibility to figure out how to best do that without being micro-managed.

Cons

Because I have a home office, it can be easy to work all the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate.

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for the review. I appreciate the efforts of our Performance Management team. Performance Managers ensure our clients are engaged and effectively utilizing our system. These engagements... More

7. "Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

The work environment and leadership is second to none!! The opportunity to grow as a person and employee is encouraged and supported!

Cons

There really is nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Growth and development from within.....always taking care of your team!

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am so proud of what you and the rest of our sales team have accomplished these past few years. Thank you for all you’re doing and keep up the... More

8. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Regioal Sales Manager in Mission, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Regioal Sales Manager in Mission, KS (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely supportive management. Positive work environment. Employees that truly care about their dealers. World class customer support. Flexible schedule.

Cons

None to speak of. When you are used to 60 hour weeks in the auto industry, a different pay plan every 6 months, and just the normal beat down of the industry, this job is paradise.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

26 Oct, 2018 – VP of Sales

Thank you for your review! It’s very encouraging to hear your thoughts around the environment and culture we have here at VIN. I agree on the paradise statement as we really take the work/like... More

"Senior Performance Management improvement needed"

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Schedule, Benefits, and co workers

Cons

Poor Management. The senior performance managers lacks experience in managing people. Few to none of them have had positions managing people. It leaves us no mentoring or support. "Those who can't do teach" Nope polar opposite.

Advice to Management

Regionalize the PM's to maximize engagement face to face with the customers and lower cost of travel to the company. That will drive retention and lower churn. Lower account loads to what we where told when hired. Offer follow up training after they launch you out into the field.

It is a grueling and repetitive job! Show some appreciation to those people who work hard for you!

Stop overlooking problems with the tool that is far from perfect and blame the PM's for not being able to "overcome" them. Then make no attempt to fix them.

Refrain from using profanity during company meetings and disrespectful talk in front of and behind your employees backs. wine tells the truth.

I hope this will help change the culture and behavior. It could be a great place to work again.

26 Oct, 2018 – SVP and GM

I am sorry to hear that you are so dissatisfied with your role. We are always working to improve, and your feedback is valuable to understand our biggest gaps from a team members perspective. Thank... More

"Car Guy Heaven !!!"

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

VinSolutions provides a fun, competitive work environment where high performers are rewarded with high compensation. Best product on the planet. Fantastic benefits
    The people running the Sales team worked their way up from the very bottom. Its very cool to know that even if you are starting out as a cold caller (entry level), you have the opportunity to grow and one day potentially become the VP.

Best job I have ever had

Cons

Cox Automotive is an incredible company, but when considering internal systems/programs/processes, sometimes fails to realize that just because something works well for one of our sister business units, does not mean that it will work for Vin. We are very unique in our structure and process.

In life, the vast majority of things you would consider to be high in quality, aren't offered in a "one size fits all"

But, big ships turn slow.

Advice to Management

Instead of buying into internal programs and processes that were selected based on how well they fit one of our sister Bu's needs, afford VinSolutions the opportunity to vet out all potential vendors and offerings based on our unique and brilliant structure.

7 Sep, 2018 – VP of Sales

Thank you for your review! I agree wholeheartedly on the title of your review “Car Guy Heaven” and thank you for helping make our culture what it is today. You are spot-on regarding our opportunity... More