Vidigami Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Mandy Chan
  1. "Amazing company"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer

I worked at Vidigami full-time

Pros

Incredible work atmosphere and work/life balance. The team dynamic at this company is the best I have ever experienced. You get the feeling that everyone is working together to solve whatever problem the team is faced with. The core dev team of front end, back end, and QA are in constant communication, giving a real feeling that you're involved in every part of what is going in. The mentorship on the dev team is also...

Cons

Sometimes the dev team has difficulty distributing the work between engineers. I think this is a growing pain that comes with being a startup. If something is high enough priority, there can sometimes be members of the team who are extremely busy, while others do very little. Meetings tend to last longer than they should.

Advice to Management

Try to distribute the knowledge of the core systems among more team members so that work can be distributed easier. Limit meeting times.

Vidigami2019-03-02
    • "The best thing are the people"

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Whenever anyone asks me what I like best about working at Vidigami, I don't have to hesitate to say it's the people. A balanced, multi-cultural, and diverse team that are proactive and motivated. - Great office location in Kits - Opportunity to take on exciting projects and learn - Always have access to management - Great team dynamic - No finger pointing, the team all work together to achieve mutual goals

Cons

As the company grows, new processes need figuring out, and they are sometimes slow to happen as there are a few occasions where there have been "too many cooks". But it's changing. Management are not tied to the past, they see the need for constant innovation in company processes. Communication across teams during this time also has room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

Vidigami2018-10-16

"An exciting startup with a bright and long future ahead!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible Team, Career Growth Opportunity, Location, Exciting Product, Big Things Happening Here, Vacation + 1 week off during the December holidays!

Cons

I've been here 5 months now and I really can't think of any! Some days are a bit more stressful than others and there will be bumps on the road from time to time but that's the norm for every startup I've ever worked in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open door policy and the support you're providing to your employees. As a new hire, I have felt from day one that I'm being set up for success and that my voice and ideas are being heard. It's an exciting time to be a part of this company!

Vidigami2018-09-20
    • "Great team and positive work environment"

Current Employee - Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Vidigami has a fantastic team which is diverse and friendly in every department. I am constantly learning a little from each person, specifically from the other developers, who are always kind enough to share their expertise on different technologies. Project-wise, I find myself immersed in challenging projects that keep me motivated.

Cons

We use unique programming libraries and it could take developers a few days to get used to them.

Advice to Management

Management cares about its employees and I feel it should stay this way. Keep organizing work events every so often to bring the different departments together. I have never had such a strong sense of belonging in a company until now.

Vidigami2018-09-24
    • "Great place to work with an awesome product!"

I have been working at Vidigami full-time

Pros

- Great atmosphere and friendly people - Supportive environment with opportunities to get experiences in different roles and responsibilities the company scales its product - Recently moved to a great new office right near Kitsilano

Cons

- Communication can be better between teams at times

Vidigami2018-02-07
    • ""Wonderful workplace for anyone""

Current Employee - QA Tester in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work, where you can learn a lot. Amazing people to work with.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Vidigami2018-01-17

"Great team ethics"

Current Employee - QA Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Vidigami nurtures a collaborate work environment. Great communications across multiple work streams to deliver on mutual goals. Vidigami offer a flexible work day, which enable me to achieve a maintainable work/life balance.

Cons

We are still growing as a company, which means we are constantly evaluating and amending processes, this can sometimes cause confusion and slow down processes.

Advice to Management

Keep being great advocates for your company and staff.

"Solid Workplace"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic coworkers to work with, everyone at the company is approachable. Strong people-first focus. Interesting technical challenges and lots of room for growth into those areas.

Cons

nothing I can think of

"Excellent team dynamic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than a year

Pros

What stands out most for me at Vidigami is the multi-cultural and multi-talented team - everyone is friendly, supportive of each other, and passionate about the product and needs of its customers. Continuously and proactively working together to solve problems. There is also a great work ethic (daily stand-ups, sprint-planning and regular meetings) and a super team culture (team meals, activities, and celebrations).

Cons

Balancing sales pipeline with product pipeline, and sometimes tricky managing needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders, but always reaching a viable solution in the end.

Advice to Management

Management has showed great leadership. Respectful, caring, and sensitive to team needs and capacities. My only advice is to offer a little more coaching and direction for recruits who are new to the industry and our processes.

• "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Vidigami full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great team to work with. Interesting work.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Vidigami2017-11-29