VersaPay Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2020

4.3
VersaPay Chief Executive Officer Craig ONeill
Craig ONeill

"The best place to work. Period."

Former Employee - Product Design Lead in Toronto, ON

I worked at VersaPay full-time for more than a year

Pros

- awesome people - great pay - amazing product - leadership actually cares and is greatly involved - interesting social events

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Welcoming Company"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Bright and open office space - Culture is great, lots of office events and fun culture initiatives - Company hires on people fitting into the culture and that is obviously reflected with great employees - Management / Exec Team have open communication and not intimidating

Cons

Can't share any cons at this time. I am really enjoying my over all experience with the company.

"People Leave Leaders, Not Companies."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great people! Although they are leaving. Great benefits. Excellent coop and intern program.

Cons

Too top heavy for size of organization. CEO is over his head, is a micro manager and poor leader. Absolutely dislikes anyone challenging his point of view.

Continue reading

"Great place to work indeed!"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Day-by-day very dynamic. Each employee makes the difference in the company. Outstanding professionals. I loved be part of VersaFam.

Cons

Need more employees to attend all demands.

"Good Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting product and an exciting future.

Cons

They follow Netflix's HR policies which is to keep only top performers and firing the lowest tier of employees, which is OK if you are a top performer, but can be stressful for a lot of people.

May 1, 2019Chief People Officer

Feedback is the cornerstone of how we learn as an organization. Thank you for your candid thoughts. We will continue to aim high.

"Helpful and friendly people"

I have been working at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment here is very diverse. People are helpful, friendly and committed to work. The project I am working on is exciting. There are many opportunities to learn and to grow. It has been a great experience working here so far.

Cons

I haven't seen any yet. The only thing I can think of is I'm not a big fan of MacBook

February 14, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate and count on it! Our hardware standards can be a challenging transition for us PC users. I know we are looking into how we might marry the two.

"10/10"

I have been working at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very open door, positive culture, Executives are engaging, hard-work is rewarded and it has a start up feel with the opportunities of a public company.

Cons

I have not witnessed any, I think that the opportunity is what you make it.

January 15, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for your kind feedback. We have set the bar high and hope we live up to your expectations! Enjoy the ride.

"Just great"

5.0

I have been working at VersaPay full-time

Pros

hard work but fun place to be

Cons

there we some people who were really negative kind of bad people but management removed them.

December 17, 2018Chief People Officer

Thanks, We appreciate your comments. We have a great team of smart people who are hungry, humble and who welcome hard work and the success that follows.

"High Energy, High Potential, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at VersaPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leading Edge of Something Great Great Company Culture Smart People Desire to Win

Cons

It's not really a con but transforming anything is hard and change can be painful for some. Sense of urgency is key to success at this stage.

December 17, 2018Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking time to provide review. We are thrilled to hear positive feedback. We are working hard to make VersaPay a great company and one people look forward to coming to work.

"The opportunity is here - it's what you make of it!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at VersaPay full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with the company for 2 years now, and it's been quite the ride (in a good way)! I've seen the VersaFam grow from 30 to almost 100 people now. There is definitely diversity and respect for people of all ages and backgrounds, despite some of the very extreme and negative reviews here. I am both a female and minority, but have never felt discriminated against or held back from my career here because of those factors. I have been given countless opportunities to learn new things (outside of my comfort zone), share my ideas, speak my mind, and take on new opportunities. The best part about working here is definitely the PEOPLE - there are so many smart, dedicated, and kind people who make up this place. VersaPay is still a relatively small company so there is still some trial and error involved in the work that we do...but it's what you can bring to the table that matters. You can either make it the BEST career opportunity with hard work and a positive attitude...or you can just sit there and complain about what's imperfect.

Cons

We're in a somewhat transitional phase right now where we are not quite a small "traditional" start-up, but we're also not a big corporate company. Being said, there are some growing pains in terms of turnover, culture, and product strategy. We need to work on building up a more solid, cohesive company culture. There are also people who don't always pull their weight, yet it seems they are able to fly under the radar for a prolonged period of time - this is unfair to others who are working hard and driving results.

November 30, 2018Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. It is important for VersaPay to hear what we're doing well and where we need to step up. I especially appreciate your shared responsibility attitude. If we want to make VersaPay a great company we all own it. OneTeam!

Found 40 reviews