Verizon Solutions Specialist Reviews

3.5
Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg
Hans Vestberg
  1. COVID-19

"Looking out for employees during COVID"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company did not lay off anyone during COVID shutdown in my area, and made a huge effort to keep everyone whole on their pay during a time when none of us were allowed to work our normal jobs. Redeployed the entire workforce into different roles utilizing remote tech. Company shifting very aggressively towards new sales model focusing on customers and employees rather than unnecessary buys/purchases that people resent after their interactions with Verizon.

Cons

Metric based means you need to perform well in order to make your at-risk pay. Company undergoing some restructure both with leadership and commission, making the forecast hard to pin down for money making potential in the future

2. "It's a good job"

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Verizon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great commission, fast-paced, on downtime you can be on your phone.

Cons

you really feel the pressure when you don't hit quota.

August 7, 2020

Ensuring that our employees are provided with a positive and comfortable work environment is extremely important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.

3. "Change is a good thing"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

An often changing environment. The teams make it all worthwhile.

Cons

Some situations recur frequently. Could be resolved with on line video classes.

August 7, 2020

Thank you for your review. We go to great lengths in order to make sure our employees have the tools and resources needed for success, including top-notch benefits, leadership training opportunities and mentorship programs. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, as we are always looking to improve.

4. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Plattsburgh, NY

I have been working at Verizon full-time

Pros

Benefits, hours, pay, recognition, people

Cons

none that I can think of in the last 8 years

August 7, 2020

Ensuring that our employees are provided with a positive and comfortable work environment is extremely important to us. Our benefits are designed to help V Teamers not only in their careers, but also in areas of their lives outside of Verizon. We appreciate you taking the time to share a review!

5. COVID-19

"Wonderful company if you’re an adaptable person"

4.0
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve worked for Verizon for over 4 years in different retail locations as a sales rep and manager. Now more than ever, Verizon promotes work/life balance and the employee experience above all else. Throughout the pandemic when many companies were laying people off, Verizon continued paying us our full salary as well as our at-risk commissions, even when we were only working a couple days a week for less than 6 hours. They encourage creativity and development unlike any other company I’ve ever seen, and the pay is pretty incredible for what we do. Likewise, the benefits are phenomenal and include a 6% match on your 401k.

Cons

Verizon is constantly making changes to the way they run their company, especially in the retail environment. While these changes are rejuvenating and exciting for some, this may be a major con to some people who appreciate the stability of their job roles and responsibilities.

July 29, 2020

Thanks for your review! Verizon is constantly innovating and developing new products and technologies, but we also go to great lengths to make sure our employees are taken care of, especially during these unprecedented times. Providing a positive working environment centered on personal growth and success is extremely important to us, as well as our benefits that are designed to help V Teamers in all areas of their lives. Once again, we appreciate your positive feedback!

6. "Great company with plenty of opportunities"

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Verizon is a big company and there is no limit to what you can achieve here if you know how to take charge of your own career. Incredible benefits, fun work environment, and a great way to get in on the ground floor of a top-tier company.

Cons

Sometimes there is miscommunication from management

July 22, 2020Recruitment Marketing Manager

Glad that you were able to take advantage of our stellar benefits programs while you were with Verizon. We'll be sure to take your additional feedback into consideration going forward. Thanks, Verizon Careers

7. "Good job"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Bellingham, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Verizon full-time

Pros

Good pay good time off

Cons

High quotas mall hours suck

8. "Good money, exhausting"

4.0
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent base salary, great commission potential 6 personal days plus 2 weeks vacation per year

Cons

Constantly changing schedule Poor management Little room for advancement Unprofessional culture Only one week of sick time offered per year

July 15, 2020

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our many initiatives centered around employee growth and having the top talent in management positions is imperative for our success. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking for areas of potential improvement.

9. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay Excellent benefits Tons of opportunity for growth

Cons

Not every leader is on the same page

August 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We pride ourselves on our stellar benefits, but we also want to ensure that our employees have an overall positive experience while working with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write out your review, and will use your insights in order to improve. Best, Verizon Careers

10. COVID-19

"Great company in so many ways."

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Verizon truly cares about its employees. Previously I wrote a review before the coronavirus. I had a mixed response to Verizon’s company culture. During this pandemic I have witnessed Verizon go above and beyond to help it’s employees and customers. Not firing any employees during the pandemic and modifying their operations in a very short period of time to protect employees and customers for an organization of its size is impressive. Hans has changed Verizon for the better he is a great CEO. Verizon is a company you can make a career at.

Cons

Normal big company bureaucracy problems sometimes occur when assisting customers with complicated issues. An automated system did not process something properly or other kind of big company accidents.

July 15, 2020

Thank you for your positive feedback. Verizon does, in fact, care very much about their employees, as evident by the stellar benefits provided and open company culture. Ensuring that our employees are provided with a positive and comfortable work environment is extremely important to us. We love hearing from our V Team and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Found 1479 reviews