Venterra Realty Employee Reviews about "property management"

Updated Jul 23, 2020

Found 13 of over 412 reviews

4.7
Venterra Realty Co-Founder, CEO & Director John Foresi
John Foresi
Pros
  • "AMAZING culture and core values - the best company to work for(in 34 reviews)

• "They love to promote from within and really want their employees to learn and grow(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are so many different property management companies out there that claim they are a "great place to work" but honestly(in 6 reviews)

• "I really cannot think of anything(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Reviews about "property management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't waste your time

Jul 23, 2020 - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some folks in this company are nicer than folks at other property management companies out there

Cons

Very low pay, no raises, you have to clean apartments yourself, you can get ahead if you gossip and kiss@$%, upper management/corporate office folks are incompetent, no support from any management, surveys for every tour that scrutinise your every move, $100 per leasing that is if you make 90% in the previous quarter

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

We truly appreciate the review, but I’m sorry to read about the negative takeaways during your time on the team. Given how different your feedback is from most of our employee feedback, I would be very interested in speaking to you further to better understand some of the comments above that are not consistent with our normal operations. Open and candid feedback from employees is vital to us improving as an organization so I would really appreciate an opportunity to discuss this further. As a former Venterra employee, you can still report issues and engage in anonymous conversation via EthicsPoint (https://bit.ly/2DcU3gi), but if you’d be more comfortable chatting directly, please reach out to me by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterra.com). Thank you again for the review and, in advance, for taking just a few more minutes to help paint a more clear picture of your specific concerns.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Property Management Company Hands Down!

Mar 2, 2020 - Community Manager in Beaumont, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra is an amazing company that really lives by its core values! My RM doesn't micromanage me and allows me to do what I do best, my job! They are constantly challenging us to grow and learn, while offering incentives to do so! The really listen to their on-site teams and genuinely care about their team members. I cannot say enough good things!

Cons

I literally can' think of a bad thing to say! I have worked for them for years and because of the level of integrity and professionalism, I don't ever want to work for another property management company.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for the review! It’s always great to hear positive feedback from our team members when it comes to things like feeling heard, being supported, having opportunities to learn and grow, and feeling trusted to get the job done without being micromanaged. We’re so glad that you’ve chosen to be a part of the Venterra family and we’re looking forward to seeing where the future takes you! There’s still always room to improve, so please be sure to keep the feedback coming. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts here!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

Jan 17, 2020 - Better Living Manager in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This a very fun and friendly work environment. Property management can be stressful in itself, but this company makes it fun to be a part of! They also care about their residents and their well being.

Cons

Very corporate structure. Sometimes hard with negotiating prices of vendors, etc.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing the review and I’m glad to hear that your time with us has been as positive as it has so far! Our industry is definitely one that requires dedication, hard work, and wearing lots of different hats, so we know how important it is to take a people-focused approach to doing business. Having streamlined and user-friendly processes definitely plays a part in a positive employee experience, so your thoughts in this area are appreciated. If you have any specific suggestions or spot areas you feel might need a closer look, please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way suggestion so that we can consider ways we might be able to further improve. Thank you again for the feedback!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Venterra Actually Cares About Me. Best Place to Work!

Nov 9, 2019 - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra's culture is fun, family oriented, and allows for creativity and innovation from all levels, not just upper management. They make me feel extremely valued. Personal development is a strong focus and they push you to continue to improve in not only your profession life, but on a personal level as well. They are huge on promoting from within and encourage it. I seriously love working for this company and am truly grateful to have come across this opportunity.

Cons

Speaking on property management overall, it is mentally challenging industry. Working a lot of weekends.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for providing the feedback! I’m happy to hear that your years on the team have been as positive as they have. We’re all about creating an atmosphere where employees are able to grow personally and professionally while ensuring they have an understanding of just how valuable their contributions are to residents, coworkers, and our organization, as a whole. While we hold high expectations for all of our employees, and every position certainly has its own set of challenges, our goal is to create and maintain a second-to-none company culture so employees are empowered to face them with confidence. With this in mind, if you do have any specific suggestions on further improving the employee experience please don’t hesitate to submit a Better Way suggestion or have a chat with your Community Manager. Thank you again for sharing your experiences here!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Another year makes seven!!

Jul 15, 2019 - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Venterra Realty for 7 years now. Very happy to call this company my family. Pro's: We give our employees the autonomy to do their job. We give them the freedom to make decisions and learn from mistakes. We don't judge. We assist and support. We take good care of our employees with excellent benefits including an amazing insurance plan, paid days off for volunteering, birthdays, holiday pay and special perks specific only to Venterra. We don't always agree but we respect our difference of opinions. We all have a voice and are heard. People in this company will go the extra mile to help and give others the resources they need to succeed. Venterra has such a positive atmosphere. The vibe is extremely motivating. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

Cons: Honestly...I can't think of any. There are so many different property management companies out there that claim they are a "great place to work" but honestly.....it takes a lot of work to be "great". Venterra works very hard to achieve this status.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for sharing the review. All of your hard work and dedication to Venterra over the past seven years is very much appreciated! Having our communities and offices filled with individuals who feel free to be themselves and have their voices heard has definitely been critical to our success. We’re grateful to have you on the team and are looking forward to maintaining the employee experience that you’ve enjoyed and helped engrain. As always, please feel free to speak up if you do have any suggestions on ways we can improve down the road. Thank you again for taking the time to provide the feedback here!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people

Jan 10, 2019 - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra Realty is a fun yet challenging company to work for in the property management industry. You will love everyone you work with and have lots of fun doing your job!

Cons

The work hours can be long at times but this is a common in the industry.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing the feedback! It’s great that your years on the team were as positive as they were and that you’d recommend us to others for employment and career growth. While having a strong work ethic is an important trait for a Venterra employee to have, we also know it’s important to make time to cut loose and have fun, so I’m glad that you experienced this part of our culture during your time with us. Thanks so much for your dedication and hard work during your time on the team and, again, for sharing the review here!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

More than just a job... it is a family!

Aug 8, 2018 - Community Manager in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra is the best company I have had the pleasure of joining. I have an abundance of support, resources, and educational opportunities to perform to the best of my ability! Not only does the company stay progressive with modern innovations, but Venterra really “Cares” about their employees and work hard to maintain a culture of like-minded individuals with a strong work ethic and morals. One of the biggest differences that comes to mind, compared to my previous property management companies, is the contact with corporate superiors, including the CEO and COO. They are easily accessible, personable, get to know you as individuals, (despite the hundreds of employees across different regions) they value your opinions, and provide you with exceptional resources and training to run a property to its fullest potential to create a community where residents feel respected and cared for. I attribute this to the employees feeling respected and cared for, which reflects strongly in everyday operations. I had the option of transferring to another company because my property is selling, but made the easy choice to remain loyal to Venterra! The Dallas Regional Manager is the best I have ever worked with, the properties in the region function as a team, constantly helping and supporting other locations, lending staff members to aid in heavy work load situations, sharing tips, experiences, etc. - ultimately contributing even more to a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Cons

Orange is my least favorite color... ;)

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for leaving the review! Our goal is to create a positive experience for every employee. This means having the right leaders in place, receiving and acting on feedback from our team members, and providing employees the resources they need to thrive. I’m thrilled that you’ve seen this approach during your time with us and that you elected to continue your journey with us, as a result! While I’m afraid that Venterra orange will likely be with us for some time, we’ll absolutely take you up on the advice of continuing to show appreciation for the hard work and dedication that our teams put into their work every day. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts here!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Compay I Have Every Worked For !

Jun 1, 2017 - Better Living Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlike many other property management companies, Venterra really does CARE about their employees! When I first started here, I was blown away from the amount of support and love I was getting from my co-workers. They closed down the office a few times for lunch just to help me get used to my environment and get to know everyone.. this was extremely important to me to me coming from a company that was just about business. Corporate employees are personable and get to know you on a personal level which lets face it... never happens in most other companies! The company is constantly growing and I am so excited for the opportunity to continue to grow.

Cons

I seriously can't think of a single thing!!

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. Genuinely caring for and supporting our employees and residents is what’s made us a successful company. I’m happy that you’ve seen this approach during your time with us and that you’ve appreciated the benefits of it as much as you have. We’re looking forward to seeing your growth with us as we continue to grow as a company! There’s always room for us to do better, so please be sure to let us know if you do think of any cons that we should look into along the way. Thank you again for providing the review here.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Company that Cares!

Jan 24, 2017 - Better Living Manager in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I first started with Venterra, I'll admit I was hesitant... I came from another well known property management company that I thought was one of the best....until I started at my position with Venterra Realty. Venterra is truly a company that cares about the well-being, personal and professional growth of their employees. They make sure you work hard, but they also know how to make this business fun while making sure they're growing as a company!

Cons

The pay and bonus structure could use some improvement.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing your review here. I’m so glad to hear that we we’re able to win you over with our focus on employee experience! We definitely understand that offering our employees fair and competitive pay and compensation is part of that experience, as well. With this goal in mind, we use industry benchmarking reports to help us determine our pay and bonus structures and reevaluate these on a fairly regular basis. Of course, there’s always room to improve, and we recognize that employee expectations might not always be in line with our structure, so we encourage open conversations on the topic with direct managers. If you do have any specific suggestions for improvements we’re all ears! Feel free to reach out to your manager or myself or submit a Better Way idea for consideration. Thanks again for your review and feedback!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company - forward thinkers!

Nov 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra truly cares about the employees and the residents. They create a workplace that encourages feedback from the onsite team members. I have worked for other property management companies and this is definitely one of the best!

Cons

It is not operated from a typical property management style. It takes some adjustment time if you are coming from the "traditional" company that is more interested in the profit made by the property vs. the difference made in the lives that we touch.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts here and are happy to hear you feel our high standards for resident and employee experience have made us leader in our industry. We absolutely believe that a “people-first” business approach ultimately benefits everyone, and I definitely agree that our corporate team having a clear understanding of what’s going on at the community level is critical to continuing this success. While team meetings, community visits, and initiatives like our Better Way program aim to achieve this goal, they might not always provide the same insight that extended time spent onsite could. With that said, I’d love to hear your thoughts on any specifics that you have in mind for a program like this and encourage you to reach out to me directly by email or phone to talk it through in a bit more detail. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews