Venterra Realty Employee Reviews about "promote from within"

Updated Jan 7, 2021

Found 24 of over 401 reviews

4.6
Venterra Realty Co-Founder, CEO & Director John Foresi
John Foresi
Pros
  • "AMAZING culture and core values - the best company to work for(in 34 reviews)

• "They love to promote from within and really want their employees to learn and grow(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are so many different property management companies out there that claim they are a "great place to work" but honestly(in 6 reviews)

• "I really cannot think of anything(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "promote from within"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work!

Jan 7, 2021 - Business Intelligence Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra has a true culture of collaboration. It’s extremely easy to communicate and collaborate across departmental lines and with leadership. Great Work-Life Balance, Wellness Benefits and Flexible Hours. Supports Professional Growth and Development. Invests in Continuing Education for all employees. Continuous company growth and huge focus on promoting from within. Truly recognizes and rewards employee achievements and accomplishments. Quickly adapted to changes brought on by COVID-19 and implemented extra measures to ensure employee safety.

Cons

No cons at the moment!

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate the review! It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying Venterra’s benefits, company culture, and emphasis on employee growth. Given the importance of doing what we can to keep our employees and customers safe, I’m also happy to read your thoughts about our ongoing COVID response. There’s always room to improve, so please keep the feedback coming, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel we have an opportunity to further enhance the experience of our team members. Thank you again!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Solid Company

Jan 4, 2021 - Community Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

What you put in you will get out with Venterra. They definitely promote from within. Education benefits are generous. I appreciate all the extra measures taken since Covid, really impressed with how that has been handled. Regional managers are kind and thoughtful and really listen to you.

Cons

Longevity/Senority does not equate to quality.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! It’s great to hear that you’ve seen us making good on our Employer Promises, have been happy with our CV-19 response, and have felt supported and heard by our team leaders. While we do always look to promote from within before searching outside the organization, it is important that we’re filling positions based on skills and qualifications, as opposed to tenure. Please don’t hesitate to reach out directly if you’d like to share any additional details or specifics if you feel we could improve in this area. Thank you again for providing the feedback and Happy New Year!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hands down the best of the VERY ABSOLUTE BEST!

Jul 1, 2020 - Recruiting/Candidate Experience Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing executive team that leads by individual example and as an entire organization. Every single leader in the organization truly exemplifies the company's core values & employer promises to promote from within & providing avenues to listen, learn, and grow.

Cons

There are no cons for this organization.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! I’m happy that your experience has been as positive as it has, that you’ve seen our core values exemplified throughout your time with us; and that you’ve also witnessed us making good on the promises we’ve made to our team members. If you have recommendations on how we can further improve the employee experience at any point down the road, we’re all ears, so please don’t hesitate to let us know! Again, thank you for providing the review.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work!

Jan 22, 2020 - Better Living Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra empowers their employees and really cares about the employee experience. They love to promote from within and really want their employees to learn and grow. I've been with Venterra for 6 years now and I absolutely love what I do and who I work for. AMAZING culture and core values - the best company to work for!

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the review! It’s great to read that your six years with us have been good ones and that you’ve seen us make good on our Employer Promises and Core Values during your time on the team. That said, we’re always looking for ways to further improve the experience of both our residents and our employees, so if you do have any suggestions for us in the future, please be sure to let us know. Thank you again for sharing your experience!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Venterra Actually Cares About Me. Best Place to Work!

Nov 9, 2019 - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra's culture is fun, family oriented, and allows for creativity and innovation from all levels, not just upper management. They make me feel extremely valued. Personal development is a strong focus and they push you to continue to improve in not only your profession life, but on a personal level as well. They are huge on promoting from within and encourage it. I seriously love working for this company and am truly grateful to have come across this opportunity.

Cons

Speaking on property management overall, it is mentally challenging industry. Working a lot of weekends.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for providing the feedback! I’m happy to hear that your years on the team have been as positive as they have. We’re all about creating an atmosphere where employees are able to grow personally and professionally while ensuring they have an understanding of just how valuable their contributions are to residents, coworkers, and our organization, as a whole. While we hold high expectations for all of our employees, and every position certainly has its own set of challenges, our goal is to create and maintain a second-to-none company culture so employees are empowered to face them with confidence. With this in mind, if you do have any specific suggestions on further improving the employee experience please don’t hesitate to submit a Better Way suggestion or have a chat with your Community Manager. Thank you again for sharing your experiences here!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

HANDS DOWN.... the BEST Company i've ever worked for!!

Jan 17, 2019 - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Work culture. ALWAYS promoting from within. Not stingy on raises. Caring about each and every resident.

Cons

Nothing... Can't think of a single thing...

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide the review. It’s fantastic knowing your time at Venterra has been great so far! We’re always looking for ways to further improve the experience of our employees as much as we are the experience of our residents, so if you do come across any areas down the road where we could do a little better, please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way so we can look into your suggestions. Thank you again for sharing the feedback!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best in Class!

Jul 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Venterra for 15+ years and have thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Our company believes in growing and developing our people through Lifelong Learning efforts and provides an education and assistance program. We are all about promoting from within and do so regularly. We have so many perks and benefits that even Venterra family members get to enjoy! Next week is our Family Fun Day where all employees get to bring their families to the venue we chose to have lunch, ride rides and have blast at the Adventure Park. We also enjoy a paid day off for our birthday every year. If you are looking for a company that works hard, makes time for fun and recognizes their people for their efforts then this is place for you! I truly believe Venterra is the best in the industry.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience on the Venterra Team here! I’m so happy to hear that your ten plus years with us have been as positive as they have and that you’ve enjoyed a number of the programs and perks that make our culture a unique one. Please don’t hesitate to submit a Better Way idea or speak up if you do have any suggestions on improving our employee experience in the future. Thanks again for the review and have a blast at your upcoming Family Fun Day!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company I've Ever Worked for!

May 30, 2018 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have loved working for Venterra for a few reasons: 1. Training. When stating with Venterra you are thoroughly trained on your roll and receive training throughout your employment with Venterra. 2. Promoting from Within. Venterra really invest in their employees. Before I hit my 3 year mark with Venterra I was promoted! 3. Work Hard/Play Hard. To be successful at Venterra, you have to work hard but having fun is important to this company as well, so at the end of the day you are rewarded for all the hard work you put in.

Cons

None at this time.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing your review. It’s great that you’ve seen the dedication to our Core Values in action during your years on the team and have enjoyed your time with us, as a result. We’re looking forward to the great years to come! If you do spot any areas where we might be able to improve along the way, please be sure to let us know. Thanks again for the feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

World Class Company

Oct 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra makes it a FUN place to work. We are always having a contest of some sort and I feel that it keeps it fun. Venterra also trains you to succeed and gives you the tools you need to do your job. We also promote from within and I feel that is something people look for.

Cons

A downside in our area is that we as a region have only 6 communities vs. 12+ we had at one point, but on a positive note, we are all close just like a family.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback here. I’m glad that you’ve seen us making good on our Leader Promises like “making time to have fun” and “striving to promote from within” during your years on the team. We agree that elements like these are critical for any organization interested in being a “world-class company,” so you won’t be seeing the approach change anytime soon! While our Acquisitions Team is constantly looking at opportunities for portfolio expansion into both new regions and those where we already have a presence, the nature of our industry does sometimes require us making the often difficult decision to sell a community. That said, we absolutely understand that we couldn’t be where we are today without the loyalty and dedication of the individuals on our teams, so when a sale does happen we make an effort to retain impacted employees by placing them elsewhere whenever possible. Please keep the feedback coming, and speak up if you have any suggestions at all for company improvements in the future! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts here.

10. 5.0

Great Atmosphere!

Aug 8, 2017 - Community Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra creates such a great atmosphere! I love that we can be open and honest and not be ostracized for it. They also promote further education, having fun, creativity, development suggestions and growth. They always look at promoting from within before hiring new staff. The benefits are great too. Vacation time is the best I've seen offered. Where else can you get your Birthday and a day off to volunteer?

Cons

It's a little more difficult to get hired on, but it's well worth the process.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for sharing your experiences from your time on the team! It sounds like you’re continuing to enjoy the perks, programs, and benefits that have helped shape our culture and made us a unique place to work. We also appreciate your patience during the recruiting process. As you mention, we definitely like to go through enough steps to make sure we’re bringing on individuals who are a good fit with us, but the end result tends to be a stronger company with happier employees. Thank you again for the feedback here, and please be sure to let us know if you have any specific suggestions for improvements for us down the road.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews