Vendasta Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Vendasta Reviews

Updated Nov 22, 2019

4.3
Vendasta Chief Executive Officer Brendan King (no image)
Brendan King
Pros
  • "Free food everyday, free beer every Friday(in 12 reviews)

• "Fantastic social committee events, free catered lunches, weekly All Hands meetings, and a fun work environment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be too fast paced for some people(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Learn and Grow!"

Current Employee - Agency Growth Specialist in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun and exciting culture - Tons of opportunity for growth and new challenges - Regular communication and feedback with leadership - A social committee that hosts lots of fun events - Great food service perks

Cons

- Longer hours than some comparable companies - High Stress

Vendasta2019-11-22
  2. "Great"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best place to work in Saskatoon

Cons

Will be great if pension was provided

Vendasta2019-11-04
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture. Food (Hot Breakfast/Lunch, snacks available all day) Personal/Professional growth is encouraged

Cons

The training is very good, but it can still take a while to get used to all the marketing jargon.

Vendasta2019-10-21

"Great culture and plenty of opportunities for career growth"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been working at Vendasta for almost two years and I feel really proud of how much the company is growing. I joined Vendasta as a writer in the Marketing Services division, and the people in my team were very friendly and thoughtful. They always gave me honest but constructive feedback that made me improve tremendously. In the beginning, I had a lot of issues with confidence because I’m an immigrant, gay,... and ESL speaker, so I didn’t know what to expect. Also, I had a good grasp of knowledge of digital marketing but I came from another industry, which contributed to my insecurity. Luckily for me, Vendasta values attitude and willingness to learn. New employees attend Vendasta U meetings, which are typically spread in two or three days designed to get you an overview of the company. There are plenty of opportunities to provide and receive feedback (1v1s, standups, weekly meetings, OfficeVibe, leadership assessment, etc). When I was part of the writing team, we were given permission to allocate ~30 minutes/day to personal development and incentivized to share knowledge with the team. Collaboration is a big aspect of Vendasta’s culture. If you use the appropriate channels, your ideas, concerns, and feedback will be welcomed. Resolution might take longer or even a different path than what you expect, but I think that’s just natural in a business context. While I can’t speak for every division, I’ve always felt heard in Marketing Services. Even more recently, after changing my role within the company, I got the support from a lot of people with training. They know that it takes time to transition to a new position, and I never detected any pressure to be ready from the get go. In my meetings, I often get caught in discussions where I have to disagree with people who have much more experience than me, and nobody took it personally. No company is perfect, but Vendasta has a great work culture, among many other benefits, that makes me wake up every day and feel motivated to work. I made a lot of friends here and worked with passionate leaders like Micheline, Rylan, and Troy.

Cons

Vendasta can be a bit overwhelming, especially for new hires. Due to the complexity of the kind of business we do here, you need to dedicate a big chunk of time to understand the platform, our services, and how the company is structured. Make no mistake, this is a great place to work but you’ll feel challenged every day. Also, keep in mind that Vendasta has a fast-paced environment. Things can change pretty quickly... here, which is exciting but also makes the company not a good fit for anyone who have resistance to change.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering employees to make them feel heard and comfortable to share their thoughts. Create more opportunities for personal development by expanding Vendasta U.

Vendasta2019-08-09
  5. "Nice perks, questionable leadership"

Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Vendasta full-time

Pros

Fun culture with lots of work events, food, in-office kegs, and other amenities. Room to grow and move around. It’s fun for a bit, til you see the ugly inner politics.

Cons

Their Leadership lacks leadership skills. HR has no clue how to treat people (except Brooke, she’s cool/useful), and they have obsolete founders as dead weight they continue to carry.

Vendasta2019-08-21
  6. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast moving company so there is a lot of opportunity and potential for growth

Cons

Lack of real benefits (RRSP’s) and stress.

Vendasta2019-08-14
  7. "Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Agency Growth Specialist in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

• Work perks • Growth Opportunity

Cons

The only con is the number of washrooms

Vendasta2019-07-31

"Unstable Work Environment"

Former Employee - Content Strategist

I worked at Vendasta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, fun "perks" like company lunches and snacks available, massage chair in break room

Cons

Everything was changing all the time. Teams, structures, job titles, job descriptions. I finally quit when management changed my literal job without consent. I was going from being hired as a writer and writing full time to doing mostly customer service. Not cool. Very top down, but they like to talk like 'we're a family and we care'. Be wary. Be careful who you trust. People who cause too much of a ruckus are let... go. Also, pay was terrible.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who are doing the work. We have good ideas about team structures and how to be more effective in our jobs. Top down, widespread changes are a mess. Also, stop with the military metaphors in presentations. Could not be more toxic male in leadership.

Vendasta2019-07-17

"No better place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Its a Joy going to work everyday. I literally wake up and look forward to coming to work. The place is full of creative and happy people. I'm blessed to have been given a chance to work here.

Cons

Could use some more bathrooms

Advice to Management

You have created an amazing organization Happy to be a part of it.

Vendasta2019-07-05

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant and Company Operations

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never worked in a place like Vendasta. I have been in high stress, negative-energy, and "I don't want to go to work today" companies before and this place is so refreshing. Some quick pros are: Culture - such an open, fun, hardworking and honest culture Atmosphere - company values, goals, events, leadership principles are all displayed around the office and communicated daily Teams - every employee is part... of a team and each team learns, grows and adapts together Friendly Competition - amongst teams which motivates each to get things done efficiently, effectively and in a fun/exciting way Openness - management is very open with the employees. They communicate as much detail as they can and give updates weekly to keep everyone in the loop ... I could go on for a while

Cons

It is hard for me to think of anything "bad" enough to write about

Vendasta2019-06-28