Vendasta Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2020

4.3
Vendasta Chief Executive Officer Brendan King (no image)
Brendan King
Pros
  • "Free food everyday, free beer every Friday(in 12 reviews)

• "Fantastic social committee events, free catered lunches, weekly All Hands meetings, and a fun work environment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • " bathrooms (in 4 reviews)

• "I think some people want to progress in their jobs, but feel a bit stuck(in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent opportunity to grow and learn."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vendasta full-time

Pros

If you work hard, put in the effort to learn and grow and can effectively collaborate with others, the sky is the limit with Vendasta. As they've continued to grow, their people have remained the priority. There is plenty of opportunity to "up your game" through internal mentors, taking courses or going to events.

Cons

If you don't like change, Vendasta isn't the place for you. This is a high-paced environment where change occurs quickly and often.

2. "Good Work-Innovative"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay, but must work for it

Cons

Lack of support from management, a new company

Continue reading
  3. "Really good people."

Current Employee - Marketing Services in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great mentors everywhere. People are happy to see your growth and they give everybody the benefit of the doubt, no matter where you come from.

Cons

Things are always moving and changing really quickly.

4. "Fantastic Employer!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at Vendasta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People Culture. Food Provided daily (plus catered meals and Beer/Wine on Fridays!). Lots of opportunity to improve yourself and move within the company.

Cons

If you're not familiar with marketing, it may take some time to learn the business.

"A chance to do your life's best work, as long as you embrace change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very few companies are at this level of hypergrowth, and it's causing Saskatoon to become a magnet, bringing the brightest talent from all across the world here. You will work with some of smartest and most passionate people you'll ever meet. Creativity, diversity, and agility are all strong virtues of the company. A big part of Vendasta's culture is based on learning, so personal and professional development opportunities are abundant. Like the other reviews mention, you'll be given various perks, like food, coffee, and team building social events. One thing I haven't seen the other reviews mention is Vendasta's willingness to admit mistakes, and I have seen a few during my time here. The company will admit where it went wrong, and will seek out where to improve. I've really appreciated this modesty.

Cons

If change is not something that you are comfortable with, you will likely struggle with the agility of this company. While Vendasta's vision has remained constant, how it's being executed is always being adjusted. Roles and responsibilities frequently adapt to this.

April 3, 2020

This is a very eloquent and thoughtful review. Thank you! As you mentioned, we all make mistakes. If you ever think you see something we can improve upon, please reach out in the way that makes you feel most comfortable and we'll work to improve together.

"Unicorn on the Prairies"

I have been working at Vendasta full-time

Pros

Amazing culture. Fulfilling & Accomplishing Work.

Cons

Too many people to remember everyone's name

April 3, 2020

We wouldn't be who we are without good folks like you around! Thank you for the kind review! We're with you: It can be tough to remember everyone's name, especially when we're so spread out (especially now). Don't worry, we're all going to stumble on names from time-to-time!

7. "Not bad, nor great"

Former Employee - Partner Development Manager in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly team Opportunity to move around

Cons

Bad pay Bad benefits

April 3, 2020

Thank you for leaving such a balanced review for us. While we're really happy to know you enjoyed your team and saw the growth opportunity, we're sorry to know you weren't satisfied with your compensation. We always research and ensure our salaries are competitive in market, and we're proud to have introduced flex bank as part of our benefits plan, which was a big request from Vendastians. I hope that if you ever join us again, you'll be pleased with the changes.

"Great Place to Learn and Grow!"

Current Employee - Agency Growth Specialist in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun and exciting culture - Tons of opportunity for growth and new challenges - Regular communication and feedback with leadership - A social committee that hosts lots of fun events - Great food service perks

Cons

- Longer hours than some comparable companies - High Stress

November 25, 2019

Thank you so much for the positive review. We're equally as thrilled to have great team members like you around to help us grow. We recognize that growing a company as quickly as we are creates some pains along the way. Don't ever hesitate to bring up your concerns during your weekly one-on-ones. There may be ways we can help reduce the stress. After all, we're on this rocket ship together!

"Great"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best place to work in Saskatoon

Cons

Will be great if pension was provided

November 25, 2019

Thank you for the kind review. It's nice to know you're enjoying your time at Vendasta, and it's responsible of you to keep an eye to the future! We're not considering a pension at this time, but People Operations would be glad to help you find resources for making the best of your 'tomorrow' investments.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Vendasta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture. Food (Hot Breakfast/Lunch, snacks available all day) Personal/Professional growth is encouraged

Cons

The training is very good, but it can still take a while to get used to all the marketing jargon.

Found 99 reviews