Vega Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2021

3.7
Vega President / General Manager Pat Brown (no image)
Pat Brown
Pros
  • "benefits, morale, company culture(in 7 reviews)

• "But more than perks, it's a great culture with great people who are passionate about what they do and about making an impact(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "after it was sold to Danone leadership team isn't the same(in 5 reviews)

• "After the change in the senior leadership/ceo, all the managers, senior managers started to take credit for peoples work to suck up to the new CEO(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vega full-time

Pros

good team atmosphere and leadership

Cons

. . . . .

2. "Fast paced"

4.0
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance

I have been working at Vega full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of changes but generally friendly and flexible. Always a lot to do!

Cons

Lack of training causes knowledge gaps.

3. "A great company with an amazing culture"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Vega full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good salary and benefits - Great workplace - Teammates with high skill level - Open door company. Easy access to anyone, even the CEO - Transparency. Monthly events to share company's updates - Teamwork always encouraged - Lots of room to grow

Cons

- internal processes are very long due to Danone's policies. Everything needs to be planned way ahead - some simple jobs need to involve a lot of people, which can take longer than necessary

4. "Uncertainty"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Vega full-time

Pros

Great people, good benefits, great flexibility, new leadership are positive and focused.

Cons

Impending acquisition, lack of accountability

Continue reading
  5. "Great brand & culture that cares for their employees!"

Former Employee - Manager in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Vega full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

VEGA has changed as a company over the last few years and it is refreshing to see this evolution (going from a very small company to more of a bigger more professional organization). A lot of opportunities to have a real impact in your day-to-day and show your entrepreneurial side! Amazing and unique perks such as unlimited vacations, vegan chef cooking our lunches and bring your dog at work!

Cons

Lots of changes can be tiring in the long run. But at least, it shows the agility of the company.

December 14, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We agree - Vega has evolved over the last few years and we now have even more opportunities for our employees to grow and learn to make a huge impact. We have systems and processes in place which allow us to scale-up, and we've added more unique perks like flexible time off, 6 month paternity leaves and much more. Lots of change can be tiring, but like you said, it allows us to be agile, and provides us new opportunities like we've never had before. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your thoughts. Virtual high five to you!

6. "Great Company!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Employee Marketing Department in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Vega full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a good company if you want to be part of a small team but part of a bigger global brand like Danone and enjoy the benefits. It's a good work life balance and people here are friendly and very passionate.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities or overall projects that are not only business focused.

November 19, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you letting us know how things are going. You are right! Our teams at Vega are friendly and passionate about what they do everyday, in life and work. We encourage all Vegatopians to utilize their Education funds to ensure that they are continuously learning. Vegatopians also have access to Vega's online learning management system to enhance their learning and development in many areas!

"Not the same company anymore"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Vega full-time

Pros

The head office building is great and the company does attract some great people based on its old reputation.

Cons

Over the years the company went from one of the best in the city to work for to a fairly cold corporate culture with a product/brand that is becoming outdated in the current market. Disheartening to see such a strong company lose its way over the years in so many ways.

January 21, 2021Talent Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We do agree that Vega HQ is a pretty cool place where Vegatopians can live their best lives through lunch-time workouts, a plant-based kitchen and our open concept work areas. We also agree that throughout the years, we have grown and may not be the small company that once existed. That being said, we have always stayed true to our values, and have never compromised in the areas of our people, our culture and our focus on plant-based nutrition. We do know change is not for everyone and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We appreciate and listen to our Vegatopians feedback through reviews, health check surveys and 1:1 sessions, and from the feedback provided, we have some incredible initiatives launching in 2021 and beyond. Thank you again!

"Former employee"

I worked at Vega

Pros

Lunch Unlimited PTO Dogs allowed Complimentary product

Cons

Current leadership is toxic and has demolished what was once a successful, creative, respected company. There are certain leaders who employ such fear-based bullying that entire teams are afraid to speak up. HR claims an open door policy, but then completely ignore true, critical issues that are raised with them. Creativity, innovation, kindness, culture— all the things that once made Vega are now dead under the leadership structure— particularly across Marketing, which has lead to mass turnover and layoffs.

November 19, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback! At Vega, we believe in providing our Vegatopians with the ability to live their best life, which includes flexible time off (Unlimited PTO) - we agree it's a great perk. We are sorry to hear that you feel disappointed by the leadership team at Vega. If you are willing and able, please contact our team at careers@myvega.com. We appreciate your feedback and would like to gather more feedback in this area. Thank you again!

9. COVID-19

"The bells & whistles aren't worth it"

Current Employee - Manager in Burnaby, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Vega full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

dogs, lunch, unlimited PTO, decent benefits, most people are nice

Cons

toxic culture and leaders, feedback falls deaf to hr, promotions awarded often without merit, constant spin, transparency/trust nonexistent - not living values nor in alignment with what communicated to the public

November 4, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing what you love about working at Vega and the areas which may need some improvement. As your feedback is extremely important to us, we would like to discuss further the areas of concern. If you are willing to connect, please let us know by contacting our Talent team at careers@myvega.com.

"Started off as a dream job, but quickly went downhill from there"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vega full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible time, work from home, free lunches, bring your dog to work

Cons

Senior management has a “sweep it under the rug” mentality. Poor health survey results were never addressed, and employees are given false hope that if you just “wait it out”, things will get better. Promotions seem to be not based on merit and in some cases, those that are incompetent or inexperienced are given leadership roles.

November 4, 2020Talent Manager

We appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Vega has some incredible perks and believes in providing all employees with the flexibility they need to live their lives to the fullest. Our Plant-based, no waste kitchen is incredible and we cannot wait to enjoy lunches together again in the near future. We are sorry to hear that you feel that the healthy survey results were not communicated. If you are willing, please contact us at careers@myvega.com and we would be happy to discuss the specific actions that were taken from the survey to move the dial forward. Thank you again for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 English Reviews