Vector Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Bruce Goodman and Albert DiLeonardo

2,190 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A lot of money, helped me pay for school without taking out loans" (in 45 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule , competitive pay" (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • "Getting referrals to begin with from close friends and family" (in 154 reviews)

• "Not upfront with the position of door to door sales" (in 57 reviews)

1. "If you got drive and a really strong work ethic this job is perfect for you"

Current Employee - Lead Assistant Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Lead Assistant Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are amazing, the flexibility is great, the product is amazing

Cons

If you want to make a lot of money you have to give up a lot of evenings and weekends

2. "Amazing people"

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

The people here are willing to help you out and support you which is fantastic.

Cons

The training is a bit intense, but it is well worth the effort.

3. "I work a vector marketing"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

Fun, get to compete with friends, and get to meet new people

Cons

Hard work, gets you outta your comfort level

4. "SCAM!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, ON

I worked at Vector Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, Can do from home

Cons

Made you guilt sell to your friends and family, Only paid for the presentations done and not anytime inbetween. Not paid for training or weekly meetings and products are so overpriced.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about your business model and stop tricking young grads to waste their time and money on this job! Pay for the training and provide your employees clients to sell to instead of bleeding their friends and families pockets!

5. "Very time-consuming"

Pros

- lucrative if much effort is put in
     - great culture
     - great conferences

Cons

- very time-consuming
     - useless "team meetings"

"Depends on the person"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Vector Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good job for people who:
    - are interested in sales/marketing/business as a career in the future
    - don’t mind being a minion/puppets of the “big guys” in the company.
    -don’t really have an issue with making money debatably unethically (not saying it is an objectively unethical job, but I personally did not feel right doing it).
    - need money no matter how they get it. This job truly does give you the opportunity to make a lot of money if you are motivated and committed to the job.

Cons

- the employees are not necessarily lied to but there is a lot of information left out (and avoided) at the beginning and slowly reveal it over time. For example, management starts out by texting you a very vague job description, emphasizing certain perks of the job like the getting paid even if you don’t sell (which has some conditions actually). Then they make you come for an interview if you feel like you want to know anything real about the job. In the interview they tell you a bit more, but mostly still pretty vague and only highlighting the good parts. Then in training, over three days, they slowly reveal more about the job but you are pretty much already so invested that you feel like may as well just stay at this point and make some money.
    -the training is unpaid, which, in any other job, is actually not allowed. Not to mention it’s a lot of your time taken up and a lot of it isn’t actually important for you to know in order to sell the product.
    -all training is presented by the trainer to the students in an “asking questions with only one right answer” manner, which contributes to the making you think about the job positively.
    -they make it seem like everything is your decision and is benefiting you, but really they are just putting that idea in your head from the start so you never think otherwise
    - they use YOU as a way to get to your contacts (friends/family etc...) and built THEIR customer list. It works because your family and friends don’t mind doing anything to support YOU in your new job, whereas the company probably wouldn’t be able to get those same people as customers if it were strangers. I don’t like the involving of family and friends by using guilt tactics. In the script, there are lots of parts saying things such as: “it would really help me out if you did this” and “you would be helping me reach my goal if you...”
    - the training is very “brainwashy” and pushy. If you pull apart the training program and pull apart the script used on customers, it is the exact same manipulation techniques used to sell the products to customers and to sell the job to the students. I did not appreciate feeling like I wasn’t on the same “team” as my manager/trainer.

A lot of people probably disagree with my opinion on this job and that’s okay, I just got the opportunity to discover enough about the company to realize all the sneaky things they are doing and this may not reflect others’ experience with the job.

If any of you have reached this point in my rant but are still not sure if you should believe me or all those really great reviews, here’s one last point:

They make it so that only people who had good things to say leave a review on glass door. How? Well, when I quit, they sent me an email with a link to a page with that said “how do you feel about your experience at Vector?” And the two options were GOOD and BAD. I clicked on “good” first, and it brought me to glass door, asking me to leave a review. Then I went back and clicked on “bad,” and it didn’t direct me here, but to a different page where I can send a message about my concerns to the management. So if that isn’t sneaky, I don’t know what is. It might seem small, and it is, but I just don’t like being manipulated and not respected in a job.

Advice to Management

I’m not trying to tell all people to not get this job, I just want people to know what they are getting into. Honestly, a round of applause to the management for being really good at what they do. For most of these young students fresh out of grade 11, this is like a dream job and a stepping stone for their future in sales or whatever they might be heading for. However, I value honesty above anything else, and I have also had the opportunity to see what working for a really good, respectful, ethical company is like and I don’t think I can work for anything less than that since then.

7. "Wonderful company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can keep my integrity when i demo knives and say these are the best in the world.

Cons

Mental ups and downs that go along with sales and no sales

Advice to Management

Change nothing management is the best ive had in the work place

"Great for people with connections"

I have been working at Vector Marketing full-time

Pros

Manager is fairly understanding and gives good advice. Paid weekly. Quick advancement.

Cons

Demographic is too small. Managers not fully willing to trust how well you know your specific clients. Script feels a bit pushy.

Advice to Management

Open your demographic and don't strive so hard for your fast start. Some people just don't have the means to sell to their full potential as soon as they start.

9. "Standing Up For Each Other"

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

Fun and positive. Everyone's encouraging & willing to help each other succeed.

Cons

Not everyone's in the same position or have a certain number of customers to start of with.

10. "Best job any one could ever ask for!"

Current Employee - Team Member in London, ON
    Current Employee - Team Member in London, ON

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time

Pros

Resume building...
    You learn experience in the sales department
    You work with a great team of individual's that were once like u looking for a job..
    Great pay
    Very flexible hrs you make ur own scedule
    But most of all you have fun and thats what makes it great

Cons

The only downside is that this is a stressful position and there's times you want to quit but dont let that be the point of a descion u will regret afterwards because its such a great postion. .

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work building your postive individual's... That once started from the bottom and now their moving on up to the top... By far this is the best job ever the management is amazing and are great role models when you wanna one day run your own business

Showing 2,190 of 2,496 reviews