Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews about "vch"

Updated Jan 5, 2021

4.4
Vancouver Coastal Health Interim President and CEO Vivian Eliopoulos
Vivian Eliopoulos
Pros
  • "Just starting my career but dealing with VCH has been extremely pleasant thus far(in 39 reviews)

• "A supportive, progressive environment to work in as a Nurse Practitioner(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "working at VCH is very competitive(in 22 reviews)

• "I haven't encountered any thus far(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "vch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Positive Experience with whole interview and engagement with recruitment services"

Current Employee - Health Care Support Worker in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Was hired and throughout recruitment process, was a positive experience where they reply back in a timely manner and always seems so genuinely kind in their response - Available EHC after a number of months of working with them - VCH Pension - Everyone supporting each other - Rewarding in working in the area of health care

Cons

- the online learning page might need some adjustments (if an external link can be opened on a separate page or that it should allow you to return to the previous page would be helpful after opening the link from the learning page itself)

February 1, 2021VCH Recruitment Services

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review. We really appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the Recruitment Services team. Kind regards.

2. "Exiting place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health part-time

Pros

I am new to VCH and my experience from day one has been amazing! The crew are kind, friendly and responsive. Looking forward to grow with this amazing people personally & professionally.

Cons

At this time I have not experienced any cons and hopefully if there is any, it will be some thing that can be resolved just like any challenges.

Continue reading

3. "Great Recruitment Team"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in North Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very pleasant recruitment experience. The team was responsive, helpful, and kind. I am looking forward to a wonderful career with VCH!

Cons

I have had a very positive experience with VCH so far.

January 27, 2021VCH Recruitment Services

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review. We really appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the Recruitment team. Kind regards.

4. "VCH orientation review"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in North Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am just starting a VCH and its been a very wonderful process lots of learning opportunities and training for the job

Cons

Not enough time to develop any cons been a good process so far

5. "Warm welcome to the team"

4.0
    Current Employee - Detox worker

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health part-time

Pros

I'm about to start with VCH as a casual detox worker, and the welcoming attitude that I've come across so far has alleviated my concerns about the long shifts and the challenges of a new job. I can't wait to start!

Cons

The long shifts may be challenging

February 1, 2021VCH Recruitment Services

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience. Kind regards.

6. "amazing workplace"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

VCH is like a fertile land producing a very high quality of harvest products. A vast land with a promising opportunities. Everyone has an opportunity to grow. Unlimited sources of learning and resources to make you grow in your chosen field. Very supportive staff and leaders.

Cons

The organization is too big to get to know people who's who.

7. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Community Health Worker in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

it's a great privilege to become part of this company, career growth is one vitality of a health care can give by this company.

Cons

working at VCH is very competitive

Continue reading
  8. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health full-time

Pros

Big company, easy application process for new grads

Cons

Really depends on which vch hospital

"A quick evaluation"

Current Employee - Clerical Support in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Vancouver Coastal Health part-time

Pros

I was just hired for Clerical Support, At VCH! The staff have been amazing, I dont know if I can use their names, but seriously, the training (remotely) has been very clear. The recruitment team, the hr team, the educators, the leads, the manager and staff, have been very welcoming and very kind. I am comfortable.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

10. "Worst hiring system"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vancouver Coastal Health for more than a year

Pros

Once they decide to finally hire you, then you have many job options within VCH

Cons

Since VCH is unionized they will only consider internal employees who want to apply for a different job within VCH. They would rather choose someone internally with mediocre skills, than an actually qualified external applicant. Slow processes Show favoritism Unorganized Has a cap on salary. You could be working your job for 10 years but still don't get a raise

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews

Popular Careers with Vancouver Coastal Health Job Seekers

Nurse Practitioner
Learn About the Job
JobsSalariesInterviews
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Learn About the Job