Vaco Lannick Reviews

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good agency

Jul 28, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support, nice agents, helpful

Cons

Not much positions available withthem

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best agencies to work for in the industry

Jun 14, 2021 - Client Services Associate in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Senior management and many of the tenured staff are very friendly and nurturing if you take the initiative to build the relationship with them. - Lots of training and advice is provided. If you demonstrate a willingness to learn, management will be even more eager and invested in your success. - Management invests a great deal of time and effort to ensuring that the company culture is positive and friendly. - Not too much politics between colleagues. The sales environment is structured in a way that is supportive between colleagues. - You reap what you sow in this job. Success is a combination of both hard work and creativity, but hard work is most important. - Very competitive commission structure.

Cons

- Very face-paced metric-driven environment + long hours. There is often an expectation and pressure to work overtime. - Sales environments can get very busy at times. Some of my newer colleagues felt intimidated approaching their more tenured colleagues or managers because of it, and often stayed silent when they should have ask for help. It's not a job for the faint of heart. - There was a lot of pressure to achieve your call metrics, which included clients picking-up the phone/answering marketing emails, and having meaningful conversations that could eventually lead to a sale. However, these call lists were often incomplete or outdated. Poor call list = less likelihood of reaching the right prospect and getting a meaningful response = not achieving your metrics. An easy solution for someone with a bit of initiative would be to research/update these call lists themselves by finding the correct contacts via LinkedIn. However, spending too much time updating call lists instead of making actual calls was frowned upon during working hours. It was a bit of a Catch-22, as the only appropriate time to do this was by working overtime during off-hours, which I usually didn't have time for with work-life balance getting in the way. This alienated me from my work a bit, as I often felt pressured to make calls to unlikely prospects just to keep up with my dials metrics, instead of using that time more effectively (in my opinion).

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great first job

May 28, 2021 - Associate in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job straight out of university. Tons of training and possibilities to grow.

Cons

Every day the tasks are the same, some different conversations but repetitive

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great stepping stone - don't try to build up here

Feb 3, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

hires graduates without office experience

Cons

only values recruiters and those who can make the company money,

1 person found this review helpful

Managing Partner

Much of this review is clearly from a very limited perspective. Please permit me to explain. The salary report you are referring to is based on actual job orders (per the methodology outlined within the document). That means that individuals that we are speaking to in the market as well as the candidates that we are placing at client companies are represented by the salaries outlined within the document. No client has ever used Lannick or any other premium-level recruitment and staffing firm to place candidates without at least 1-3 years of professional work experience. As a result, to compare our salary ranges to new grads entering the job market does not line up. The average length of employment for our non-production professionals is greater than 6.5 years - many of which have progressed to higher levels and greater responsibility and meaningful job duties, inclusive of increase to base salary (multiples of what they earned compared to when first hired). In fact, we have an administrative professional that just celebrated their 16th year work anniversary. To suggest we only value producers is untrue - and if it were, we would not have 22 happy and engaged non-production staff with us as long as we have. Also, we have been approached by many co-op programs over the years to assist their students with finding employment opportunities and gain valuable work experience; we then selected a post-secondary institution that aligns very well with our values, including paying for the co-op placements, unlike many employers that chose not to at all. Many of our administrators earn well above the industry average for what they do based on their tenure and experience. We are exceptionally proud of what we offer as an employer, including base pay, benefits, learning/coaching/mentoring, and work experience that will add to the skills necessary to ensure individuals are marketable, if they in fact chose to move on to another employer; or they can work hard, be patient and progress to a more advanced level while seeing increases in compensation along the way. It's never solely about base compensation when you start a new position and we are saddened that the overall value of what we offered as an employer did not meet or exceed your expectations. As a company that continues to double in size in 5-year intervals we feel that we are doing many things right. Wishing you nothing but success in the future. For those reading this review, please visit lannick.com to see which positions we have posted and apply accordingly. We look forward to you joining our team!

5. 4.0

Great place

Sep 21, 2020 - Senior Client Services Associate in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, good training, great co workers

Cons

Base pay and vacation day’s are quite low

Managing Partner

Thank you for your review and your contribution to Lannick. We offer a highly competitive compensation and vacation package within the professional recruitment and staffing agency market. Also, unlike many of our competitors, we do not place caps on commissions which means many of our producers generate income levels that are well above average earnings. Those that are highly successful at Lannick easily earn the most income in our industry and do so at what is no doubt the best corporate environment anywhere; thanks to the daily support and contribution of our incredible staff. Best of luck in the future.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

0 Respect for their Employees

Oct 22, 2020 - Client Service Associate in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

None - don't fall the earning potential they repeatedly tell you in the interview because you'll likely never make it there since they'll find a reason to fire you whenever fits them best.

Cons

Do not work here or waste your time applying here. They do not care about their employees whatsoever, ask your connections if they know anyone who has worked here and their experiences will speak for themselves. The company is run by such poor management that have 0 respect for you. It is a rough job market right now but don't stoop as low to waste your time applying here. Find a place that will value you and your time, there's many out there. Trust me, you can find elsewhere, spare your dignity.

Managing Partner

We're sorry things were difficult for you during the pandemic and we wish you all the best in the future. Most reading this review understand that feelings are not facts and that these are highly emotional times. We could not have doubled the size of the business every five years over the past 20 years and yielded so many long-term employees (10-15+ years of tenure) if any part of this was true. The income expectations that we share with new hires is absolutely 100% based on existing employees and what they continue to generate in income year-over-year. We pride ourselves in every aspect of our management style and will never stop holding people accountable to their metrics as their expectations for a high income level will always remain as a top priority, as well as working with the very best sales and recruitment teams in our industry.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Fast paced recruitment firm

Sep 9, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

High earning potential, positive culture and social events

Cons

Aggressive targets that became discouraging to perform well consistently

Managing Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We very much agree with the majority of your assessment of our environment. We work very hard to create a meaningful and highly rewarding experience for professionals that wish to directly impact the lives of our candidates and clients while at the same time providing the potential for well above average earnings over a long and prosperous career. Make no mistake; this is not a job for those that wish to get a few years of experience under their belt and move on, but rather a long-term investment of time and effort which requires a grit factor like no other. All of our client and recruitment associates expect to be paid at the high end of the industry and we deliver on that expectation by offering an industry-exclusive career path to ensure that the milestones we set out are best-in-class and achievable; and directly map to moving your income up as you progress accordingly. When you take a look at the positions of our team members (refer to our Lannick website/LinkedIn) you will see a variety of title promotions for long-tenured employees, which is proof positive that this program is effective and achieves its objectives of rewarding those that hit or surpass the targets necessary to be successful. Wishing you the very best.

8. 4.0

Great spot to work.

Aug 25, 2020 - Client Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money to be made if you work hard.

Cons

Sales environment is not for everyone.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Accountant

Aug 8, 2020 - Accountant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is very supportive

Cons

none drawbacks as of now

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work with

Jun 1, 2020 - Job Seeker in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a new “immigrant” to Toronto, from B.C. and initially struggled with the massive size of Toronto and finding the right recruiter. A few months in, I reached out to Lannick and they started sharing roles with me and presenting me for them immediately. Of course this was happening during the height of covid but I was so impressed that they were working as a united team. I had a team, not just one recruiter! They successfully lisased with regard to a role I was being considered for and it worked out SO well for me!! I’m very happy and grateful for all the work they put in. Definitely a positive experience, I highly recommend working with this super professional and driven team.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews