Found 220 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Toronto and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Nov 29, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsToronto, ON
Toronto is a big multicultural city. University has a name.
Payment is very low. Toronto is very expensive. 50k/year is lower than average here. Rent is very expensive and hard to find even. University is very cheap. They don't cover moving, don't cover your visa applications, don't even help with that. Immigration services are very slow in Canada. You always have to renew your Work Permit and Visa (separately). If you get Scholarship - most of the money go to the lab budget and University, it doesn't really increase your salary. The Postdoc is restricted by 5 years term, then you can became a Research Associate if your PI likes you. Also, most of the PIs are white bold caucasian men. Very few women or minorities.
- 3.0Oct 30, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMississauga, ON
In general, UofT is a good university.
But for postdoc, it does not give postdoc a good salary and treat Postdoc as a student other than an Acadamic person.
- 4.0Oct 18, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Excellent, Vibrant, Opportunities, Good students, Quality education
Highly competitive evironment with work pressure.
- 4.0Sept 29, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Amazing facilities, great people, good reputation.
Low pay, short term contracts, lots of responsibility and high expectations.
- 5.0Sept 13, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent EmployeeToronto, ON
Working with academic leaders. High industrial funding.
The university does not care about the mental health of students that much.